please don't think iam rude but....

I do find you rude, but that is MHO.

I reported one of your answers today against the thread about the ice cream van, i retracted it, cos i felt i was being unkind, and then you now add this question.

I do not believe you have a weight problem. I think your here to just wind people up!

i do have a weight problem, thats why i am here.
i am sorry you think that way. but i still want to know why the weight get back on?
if i have writing, i had eating 20 bars of chocolate . i bet i would not get reported. cos it ok, everyone fall from time to time.

but for me to understand the key of staying slim. for that i am rude and winding people up.

any question or any anwers i ask or give r all related to me.

i diet all my life, not part but all my life, and for me the key of losing weight and keeping the weight off, is to understand why i or anyone else put it back on.

i don't want to diet forever, i do want to stay slim forever.

please please if you have to report me, Minime, do report me for very good reasons.

it doesn't hurt to ask me what do u mean?

but don't report me because today is monday.

thank you

yes, iam refering to myself and i do need support. thanks

Excellent and that is what we are here for!

If your counsellor is Linda then you already have the best of the best :)

Anything else we can do you need but ask

Mike

Hi

Still1 is totally genuine in her questions and her history.

She is one of my clients and has lost an amazing amount of weight and improved her health dramatically, so much so she now has two lovely boys which if she hadn't taken action when she did, she would not have now.

She did not mean any offence at all by her question, and I think it was a good question from someone who has lost a lot of weight and is nearly at the end of her journey. She was just trying to find out why some people regained weight as she does not want to do this herself.

I personally think something has got lost in translation here.

thanks Linda,

somehow i added too much stress to my day. and any xplaination i try to give backfire.

thank you very much.

i don't want to diet forever, i do want to stay slim forever.

I think that at the beginning, you do have to 'diet'. Well...diet with a bit more food ;)

It's also being aware. Taking note of what you are eating and why you are eating it. Is it because you are hungry? Or for some other reason? Learning to control it. Learning to stop the overeating etc. And always watching those scales.

I think that why most people find themselves putting the weight on again, is because when they get to goal, they think they are 'cured'. They are now slim and so will probably stay slim forever. They see it as the end of their 'journey', when it's really just the beginning.

I look on myself as a slim overweight person. Don't know whether you know what I mean though.

I'm slim, but still know that I can easily put it all back on again if I'm not careful. I have to think slim. I have to teach myself to control food and not have it control me.

thats why something like slimming world is good cause its a healthy way of life not a 'diet' so you can do it forever if needs be

exactly.i think over time you will get so used to eating healthy that when you reach goal you will never want to go back to eating unhealthy diet. it becomes a way of life :)

And lets not forget Cambridge's low GI.:p Also a very healthy way of maintaining

The most important thing is that they find something healthy that works for them, doesn't matter if it's someone elses plan, or just doing their own thing. A maintainer will find a way to make it fit in with their lifestyle.

Personally, I had to do my own thing as I needed more flexibility really wanted to work through my food issues which I couldn't do so easily any other plan, but each of us find our own unique way.

And lets not forget Cambridge's low GI.:p Also a very healthy way of maintaining

The most important thing is that they find something healthy that works for them, doesn't matter if it's someone elses plan, or just doing their own thing. A maintainer will find a way to make it fit in with their lifestyle.

Personally, I had to do my own thing as I needed more flexibility really wanted to work through my food issues which I couldn't do so easily any other plan, but each of us find our own unique way.

as for me i chose to stay on CD for maintenance, cos i love their products. and some weight watches yogurts and desserts taste just like heaven.

I don't think everyone puts all the weight back on at all. Loads of people on here are at goal and pretty much stay that way. I think for those that don't getting to goal and realising that WW is a life style change is the key to success. I lost 6 stone 6 years ago and have put 3.5 of them back on, but not all of them. When I get to goal this time I know where I went wrong last time - I completely came off WW rather than converting to the maintenance plan. Like I say this is a lifestyle change, that is life long not just for a few months.

I don't think everyone puts all the weight back on at all. Loads of people on here are at goal and pretty much stay that way. I think for those that don't getting to goal and realising that WW is a life style change is the key to success. I lost 6 stone 6 years ago and have put 3.5 of them back on, but not all of them. When I get to goal this time I know where I went wrong last time - I completely came off WW rather than converting to the maintenance plan. Like I say this is a lifestyle change, that is life long not just for a few months.

i was over 22 stones, and i don't want to go back there, when i am done dieting. i have put some weight back on through pregnancy and first thing, it to get it off before it go awire or i lose control. believe me i am not here to judge anyone. i am here to understand more about weight, weight loss, and maintenance weight and how to apply it to myself than my surrounding.

thanks for not condemning me:)

We will all be maintaining at some point still1, but i spose you have to make that lifestyle change first to get thr weight off in the first place, then enjoyin it enough to maintain.

I guess when my times comes i will find out, but for now im happy loosing it.

for me i regained weight because i had lost 3 stone and while i had more to go i didnt hate what i saw when i looked in the mirror. and let old habits creep in. there are two many succes stories on here for you to lump everyone who loses weight in same category and even people like me whove tried and failed countles times we keep trying and that the main thing. more important as others have said we keep learning x lesley

This is something that worries me because I've never been on a diet before. I've got at least a stone and a half to go before I need to worry about maintenance rather than weight loss. But I've already started thinking about it, I think my main goals will to keep eating following the principles of my diet, and to keep weighing-in once a week. One of the reasons I piled on so much weight in the first place is that I had absolutely no idea how much I weighed. I knew I was fat obviously, but somehow seeing the numbers and seeing my BMI falling into obese gave me the push I needed. So hopefully keeping tabs on my weight even when I have finished dieting will help me to think what I'm doing.

thanks for all your anwers, me personately iam not a last minute person. i plan everything in advance without cutting delay, disappoiment, failure out. even my food menu is plan 2 to 4 months in advance. i don't wait and see, i plan and than wait and see.
x

I think sometimes life just kinda gets in the way and staying slim falls into the background... I lost weight first time with weight watchers a few years back - but just as I started maintaining I had a bout of salmonella, changed jobs, moved house away from the meeting that had supported me, I thought it would be a good idea to be a leader despite only just getting to goal... I then changed jobs again, got gastroenteritis (sp), became depressed as I didn't know anyone, stopped exercising as I couldn't be bothered to find a gym, didn't find another weight watchers meeting and then got engaged... I managed to keep most of the weight off long enough to fit into a wedding dress but it was at the detriment to my health... I gave up being a leader though as I felt such a fraud and motivating others when you just want to cry is too hard.

After my wedding I ballooned - changed jobs a few more times became more and more depressed seeking solace in food - cos we all know food makes it all better....

A colleague was a member of weight watchers last year and said I should come along - I bit the bullet and started last October. The leader was amazing and even though I was still not 100% I chipped away at the weight, started exercising again and started feeling better. I again changed jobs as I was getting bullied in the job I was in - but even through that I managed to lose... I've now lost 77lbs and have been at goal for 8 weeks. My leader doesn't know I was a leader once and keeps telling me what a wonderful leader I'd be - I now know my limits and need to be selfish in order to keep the weight off - I love being an active member but anything else would be too much...

My state of mind and health is a lot better this time round, so hopefully (touch wood) I'll stay put on my weight.

Back