Please Explain This (Noob) EE SW HELP

Heehee yes I'm off to bed now x

peacelily said:
Looks like you have no superfree at all in your meals and you should aim to fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal (including breakfast) with superfree food. Not sure about breakfast as there seems to be a word missing. Peas are free on EE and green but not superfree.. The obvious thing would be to cut down to 2 poached eggs max with your 2 slices of whole meal (from a 400g loaf- any bigger and you have to syn the extra). You also have grapes on there which, again, are not superfree. Although you can have them they shouldn't be first choice of snack. 500g of yoghurt, again, is free but some people have to be careful of the amount and 500g is quite a lot. So, in summary although you are allowed all of the things on plan, you should probably be substituting some of your free food for superfree as it is easier to overeat the free food and not lose. Whilst it is free, as you rightly point out, it is denser in calories than superfree so you should include more superfree. This will fill you and automatically cut down on the calorie content.

Grapes are on the superfree list I just looked as are bananas but they are not speed foods

peacelily said:
Don't worry it can take a bit of time to get your head round it. Even if you just sit down and read your book again cover to cover you'll get the hang of it. And post any questions here cos folk are happy to reply. It is tricky but once you know what you're doing it'll become second nature. The trick is to get into the habit of thinking 1/3 superfree so at least have a look at that part of your book to see what you can have. Good luck and don't wait till Thursday give your counsellor a ring they should be happy to help by phone or text you if you need it :)

Try not to worry the main thing is have a good hard look at the superfree list and make sure you include at least a third superfree with every meal when I started in Jan I highlighted all the fruit and veg in the superfree list that I like to eat most meals I have half superfree as I just love my veg just remember sweetcorn peas and parsnips although you can eat them are not to be counted as your 1/3 superfree due to their higher carb and or sugar content but you can have mange tout and baby corn instead :)
Also avocado has syns just thought it best to tell you .
So put simply you can eat lean meats fish seafood etc just remove all visible fat and skin you can have potatoes pasta rice beans etc just make sure AT LEAST 1/3 your plate is full of superfree fruit or veg as this limits your intake of high cal foods (if your going to leave any of your meal because your full make sure its not the superfree) enjoy 2 healthy extras a day 1 dairy 1 fiber (bread crackers dried fruits oil etc)or an a and a b choice as they call em and don't forget to enjoy up to 15 syns a day .... Hope that's clarified it for ya if not feel free to inbox me xxx it can be confusing at the start but it becomes 2nd nature (my first thought when I make a meal is always what can I have as my superfree

Thanks again. I was nightshift last night so i got up around 2pm.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix + 150mls semi skimmed milk + 1 small banana

Dinner - 2 chicken breasts + Tesco mushroom stir fry ( full pkt ) + 250g of green beans

Snack - 500ml fat free natural yoghurt

I still have more to eat but is that fine so far

heifer said:

Dinner - 2 chicken breasts + Tesco mushroom stir fry ( full pkt ) + 250g of green beans

Yes that seems fine so far. It's still quite a lot of yoghurt but you might be ok with that amount. You'll have to see how your losses go and if things begin to slow down then that's one thing you could cut back on. As mentioned even though it's free it still has calories. How has it felt so far? Have you felt that there was enough food and enough variety? As time goes on and your appetite adjusts you may reduce your portion sizes. If you are full remember to stop eating, that's why they recommend you eat your superfree food first. Did you have any sauce with your stir fry veg that would need to be synned and also is your food tasty enough that you could see yourself eating like this for life. Tough being on the night shift!

Ps have a good rummage around on this site for ideas for snacks and meals. There are some great threads. Pete, who goes by the nickname bilsat has had some amazing losses and has a whole thread of recipe ideas in the recipe section above. some recipes are really quick and simple. :)

Thanks ill have a good look also trying to find someone called Gazter aswel
I fried the stir fry in that spray lite stuff and used worcester sauce to flaouvr.
Im finding it so so at the moment, i agree 500g of yoghurt is alot.
I am always saying to myself how many carbs n cals was that lol

Are you eating for the sake of it or because you're hungry? The reason I ask is that if I ate a whole tub of yogurt as a snack I'd feel ill.

Your breakfast & lunch seem fine otherwise. I just wonder if maybe you could maybe replace 1/2 that tub of yogurt with some strawberries or something superfree?

heifer said:
Thanks ill have a good look also trying to find someone called Gazter aswel
I fried the stir fry in that spray lite stuff and used worcester sauce to flaouvr.
Im finding it so so at the moment, i agree 500g of yoghurt is alot.
I am always saying to myself how many carbs n cals was that lol

Yes agree with kingleds above about replacing your snack with some superfree. Plus natural yoghurt can be a bit boring so nice to have something a bit tastier. Try not to think in carbs and cals but think instead of superfree, free then syns. Sorry to sound like a broken record but if you do that then the only thing you have to count is your syns and the quantity of your healthy extras. That's way easier than carbs and cals. You will start to trust it when the scales begin to shift.

Please dont think im being rude or insulting, its not my intention! But even though its superfree and free, a whole packet of stirfry and 2 chicken breasts is a lot of food, followed by a lot of yogurt. Are you sure youre eating until youre just full and stuffed to pop? I still make this mistake occasionaly (last nights sw curry lol) maybe this is where youre racking up your calories? Not that i count calories but its the point of your OP x

*not stuffed. Typo!

i too am a big eater people tend not to notice too much if your male but because im female it gets pointed out that i eat loads ... but im still loosing so will adress my portion sizes once my weight stops coming off

shifts can be a nightmare for eating patterns i used to do 3 shifts as im an engineer but have gone onto weekends which has helped my eating Alot and i have to plan out my days food as im at work 13 hrs i dont take money so have to et what ive got plan carefully and make it last

yur lunch with the stirfry unless you needed the green beans there would prob be enough veg for the superfree just in the stirfry to fill you up also you have done a red day there by not having carbs with your lunch and just using free foods and hex and on red days you can have 2 of each hex so if you find a day where your not having any carbs you could swap it to a red day have a few extra hex

i eat whole tubs of natural yog too :/ i put sweetener and coconut or vanilla essence in and its bloody tasty and syn free (aldis brookfield fat free nat yog is only 55p a tub) just so ya know

hope thats all made sense :/ lol, i have a tendancy to ramble

Hey Cat

when i look at peoples diarys they say Natural Yoghurt Tub and thats it i wish they would put the size as in 500g or 1/5 of 500g that would give me a greater idea.
i just polished off a 500g bag of grapes and i still cant stop looking at nutris. 300cals and 60g carbs

heifer said:
Hey

Yeah im just under 18st and i work at an Oil Refinery so im on my feet alot.

My appietite is HOOOOOJ lol

Ahhhh! Male! That explains it :p

Back