Please Explain This (Noob) EE SW HELP

jezzi999 said:
Depends a lot on appetite I think. I could easily eat that much when I'm hungry and only feel full and not overstuffed. ... Eaak now *i* feel piggy.

Sowwi jezzer :( i knew id offend someone posting it! Youre losing weight, you no piggy! Xx

I am starting on SW today and also a little sceptical on how it all actually works. I have just read through this thread and some of my questions have been answered and I have gained some great tips. Thank you, I will be keeping an eye on my portions sizes and making sure I use the superfree foods to my advantage. Hope you all have a good week.

Hey Cat

when i look at peoples diarys they say Natural Yoghurt Tub and thats it i wish they would put the size as in 500g or 1/5 of 500g that would give me a greater idea.
i just polished off a 500g bag of grapes and i still cant stop looking at nutris. 300cals and 60g carbs

Hi there im new to minimims but been doing slimming world for a while, (also im a bloke) i dont know how much of a meat fan you are? but ive mostly been doing the green plan replacing meat with quorn. I find that i feel fuller doing the green plan, i too have a huge appetite so i know exactly where you're coming from.
One thing i do is make up a big batch of chilli/spag bol using quorn mince & finely chopping as much veg as poss to stick in them. i use that for when im working take a load with me & pouch of micro rice (1syn) bit of fruit & it fills you right up.
I hope i can be of some help to you, so if you have any questions fire away!!

Hi there welcome to all the new folk. I mostly do red days as I find it hard to control my portions of rice, potatoes and pasta. Last night was a case in point where I made SW chips and they were so good that I ate far too many and know this will not be good on the scales tomorrow! I think it's probably a good idea to do at least a couple of weeks of EE to see how losses go and to get into the habit of the super free then look at changing it about with red and green days cos EE is the easiest in terms of what you can and can't have so it gets you into the swing of it. Then you can tweak things if necessary. I always have the 1/3 super free even on a red day though technically I don't think it's a requirement. I just like it that way and think its healthier. Plus I like having the extra healthy extras.

I also think that (without being sexist and gritting my teeth in jealousy) you blokes tend to lose weight more quickly so there is less necessity to deviate from EE. I could be wrong and am sure there will be many exceptions to that as it is a generalisation. But for the new folk maybe concentrate on getting EE sorted in your head then branch out into the other plans.

Hi there welcome to all the new folk. I mostly do red days as I find it hard to control my portions of rice, potatoes and pasta. Last night was a case in point where I made SW chips and they were so good that I ate far too many and know this will not be good on the scales tomorrow! I think it's probably a good idea to do at least a couple of weeks of EE to see how losses go and to get into the habit of the super free then look at changing it about with red and green days cos EE is the easiest in terms of what you can and can't have so it gets you into the swing of it. Then you can tweak things if necessary. I always have the 1/3 super free even on a red day though technically I don't think it's a requirement. I just like it that way and think its healthier. Plus I like having the extra healthy extras.

I also think that (without being sexist and gritting my teeth in jealousy) you blokes tend to lose weight more quickly so there is less necessity to deviate from EE. I could be wrong and am sure there will be many exceptions to that as it is a generalisation. But for the new folk maybe concentrate on getting EE sorted in your head then branch out into the other plans.

Im old school SW started before EE was an option lost 4st the 1st time i did it and on about 3st this time so ive found it hard to get my head round EE more for the snacks than anything, get bored or fruit so like to have 2 a/b's to use as snacks, plus my other half isnt a bit meat eater either.

Mainly because im stuck in my ways & 1st did SW before EE was available, also i prefer to have 2 healthy extra a's & b's which you dont get on EE, plus my wife isnt a big meat eater so its easier for me to substitute meat.

but if this is the 1st time you've done SW id recommend giving EE a good go as that's what most people prefer

This time around only really walking the dog which isnt every day as the me & the wife both do it. i do a little bit of walking with work, but no gym running ect as i find it tedious & boring, i really should do more as it does make a difference.

one thing for you could do for extra easy, if you have an old plate section off a 3rd using a ceramic paint/pen then its visible to see how much veg/salad you need on there, also if your making pasta/curry/chilli finely chop extra veg to put in there once its mixed in with the sauce's you dont taste it good for veg your not too fond of.

if your like me & like to snack but get a bit bored of fruit, you could make some soup, there's a nice recipe for a red pepper one its basically just made of superfree foods so is great as a snack

The only exercise i do is walking the dog & that aint every day me & the wife share it.

as for doing EE it may be of use if you have an old plate use a ceramic pen/paint to section off a 3rd of the plate then you can see how much veg/salad you need.
also when making things like curry/pasta finely chop extra veg & put it in the sauce, great for veg you're not too keen on.

If youre like me & you like to snacl its may be a good idea to make up a batch of soup, there's a recipe for a red pepper soup which is full of superfree foods so is great as a snack

dont really do any exercise just walking the dog.

for your EE plan if you have an old plate it may be worth using a ceramic pen to section a 3rd of the plate off then you can see how much veg/salad you need/.

if you're like me & you like a snack it may be worth your while trying a few soup recipe's ive done a red pepper one which is basically just superfree food so great as a snack

The other thing my C said is that if you decide to have seconds by all means do if you are hungry but make sure you construct your plate in the same way and once again start with super free cos it's easy to go back and just eat the main thing again. However if you have to go through all the super free again it may satisfy you before you even eat the main thing.

Firstly I would like to say, that although to lose weight it always comes down to consume less calories than your body needs and the weight will come off. Slimming world is about teaching you how to food optimise and eat healthy without the need to watch calories/carbs and excessively weigh food. There is a small but though, for this to be achievable you have to stick to the plan 100% and the main way this works is by balancing out your meal by sight with the 1/3 superfree rule.

I blogged about it and you may find it helps you understand, how extra easy works

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/the-benefits-of-superfree-foods

Also have a look at some extra easy diaries for ideas of what people are having for meals (i do mainly extra easy mad my food diary is on here) to see how they are incorporating their superfree. I would also try and ditch using fitness pal for now, get used to the plan and trust it, it really does work.

Others have already pointed out some areas where you may of not been following the plan correctly, so I won't repeat anything said there.

Good luck

Back