Please Follow Me Slim and Train Towards The Race For Life

slimlinetonic

Hi all.

I thought i would post this and explain why i want people to follow.

I am 36 and have been over weight all my life and in November my mum was told she had terminal lung cancer. My life went into a spin but she has spent most of her life trying to get me to slim. I weighed myself and i was 27stone.

I got Christmas over and done with and then went to a slimming world class i weighed in at 26 stone 5lbs.

I started running at a pace of 22mins a mile but it was hard and with all my weight i knew it would be hard.

To cut a long story short, i now weigh 23stone 13lbs and i am running 15min miles and doing 5miles a day.

I have entered the race for life cancer run and i want to raise as much money as possible for my mum and people who are in the same position. People can follow my progress on here and on my twitter page which is http://twitter.com/runmandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Just wanted to drop by and say well done. I am also doing race for life and got my arm twisted into doing the 10Km. I have never been fit and never really ran before but I am determined to run all of it if I can or most of it anyway.

Keep up the good work

Sam

thank you sam, you will do it running becomes easy if you want to do it, it is only hard if you are doing it against your will.

Back