Slow and Steady.. winning the race

Gained this week, 1 and a half lbs - really gutted as I have been 100% all week, hoping it's just bloat due to star week but the months before I have just maintained over star week. Fingers crossed for a biggish loss next week to make up for it. I want to see 9 stone something before the end of September preferably.

The weekend has been very good so far and I can't see me going off plan from now so should be another 100% week (as I'm much more likely to fall over the weekend than during the week)

Made a lovely tea tonight, I was really craving cheesy mash so made our mash and added our HEA of cheese and some onion salt we had it with a tomatoey chicken and bacon casserole as we had some green beans a teacher at my school brought in from her allotment. Loved the whole thing. 11 syns today :)

Trying to stay feeling positive as my food has been good, but feeling bloated and quick steps on the scales are not looking good :( I really hope I get a loss on Friday. I need to start focusing more on monthly losses I think rather than weekly ones as I fluctuate so much during the month. I'm still hoping I reach target by Christmas, but if not I'm not going to beat myself up as I am doing the best I can. As long as I am back there well before my 30th in May I don't think I can complain.

We have lots of plans flying around at the moment for home improvements and for Christmas. I'm very excited. Hoping we can have our lounge ready before Christmas that would be amazing. I'm also hoping we have enough funds to do our kitchen next year as well as we have some really lovely idea's for it, so it would be nice if they could be put in place and not just be pipe dreams.

Feeling quite stressed, have a lot going on at the moment and not losing weight when I feel like I deserve it is only adding to it :(

We're trying to sort out our house as we bought it on an equity share so we want to buy the builders out and hopefully release some equity so we can do some home improvements and really do what we want to do with at least part of our house. Also the start of my uni course is looming and I know I need to really knuckle down this time around and focus on what needs to be done. On top of all that my son has been having problems at school and I have a meeting tomorrow about starting the process of getting a possible autism diagnosis. I'm really not happy with how school have been with him and I'm also really worried about him, I know the outcome won't change him at all... I just want him to be able to access the support he needs and I don't feel like his school have been supportive of him so far. Anyway, sorry that's all a rant. All this has caused my eyes to react as well and I'm getting really dry skin around them. I feel a bit like I'm falling apart... just a shame that in that process my weight isn't falling off too.

Back to the weight though I am getting very annoyed that it doesn't seem to be shifting, if anything it's going back on. It has been star week this week but I gained last week and put it down to that so should expect to see it off plus some tomorrow but I'm not sure that's going to be the case. I also wonder if the pole dancing is causing water retention as my muscles are still sore, but that doesn't put my mind at rest at all. I just want to see the results I feel I deserve. I'm back up to around 10 stone 5 :( which is 5 lbs heavier than before I went on holiday and means that since then (about 5 weeks since I got back) I have only lost 2lbs!!! When I haven't had one day off plan in that time it just doesn't seem fair.

So I've lost the 1.5lbs :) it may have even been 2.5lbs but can't remember if I've been weighing before or after breakfast so gone with the higher weight for now as I'm not sure if when it gets colder if I will keep getting out of bed to weigh before I eat. As long as I try and keep it the same I should still see if I'm losing though which is the important thing.

Celebrating tonight by having 15.5 syns because I really fancies a bag of crisps and a white lion bar... I know how to live life on the wild side, I will make up for that extra half a syn later on in the week anyway haha as I never have the full 15 even though I do keep them quite high

Not sure what we're doing today, but food should be all good as there are no plans for eating out.

Just going to have the floors measured up downstairs and price up some laminate, maybe go to the cinema and make a start on reading for my course starting in October.

Paid for our laminate flooring today :D can't wait to have it put in (although will have to as it's booked in for the end of October when my husband is on half term) haha gives us time to get the rooms painted and wall paper the feature wall we want doing though :) Oh and also sort out the fire place as we haven't got on at the moment... very excited about that.

Food wise everything has been brill, I'm top end of the syns again finishing at 15 today but it's the weekend whoop whoop. I usually lose more when I use my syns anyway I just like to keep a couple spare in case I've gone over with something I didn't realise so usually play more around the 10 syn mark.

Fantastic day today :) food has been good, work has been... well work but then we've come home and done more to the house. Two more walls painted... only two more to go. Then the next move is to paint all the skirting boards. We need to put wall paper up on the feature wall and pick out a fireplace and get that up. We're going for a electric stove and just a wooden surround, putting it on some slabs. Hoping it works out well and looks good and not silly :/

Anyway, all that needs to be done before the floor comes... plenty of time as we have 5 weeks but I'm hoping it goes quickly as I'm very excited about it all. Just hope it all comes together how we're hoping. I also need to make a head start on my university work before my course starts in October, but finding it hard to actually just go for it on that

Today has been a good day. Pretty standard as far as work goes, went to my pole lesson. Not convinced I'm getting any better at it, but enjoyed it and it's got to be better than doing nothing (even if I only do it once a week) decided I need to get back into doing my crunches everyday. I'm not going to have much time for exercise soon when my course starts but they don't take long and will make a big difference.

I'm out on Friday at an Indian for a leaving do, I'm planning on having boiled rice and a tomato based curry... not sure if people will be having starters and puddings. If I do I'll try and pick the best options and will hopefully feel confident enough in my choices to draw a line under it and go back to normal syns for the rest of the week.

1.5lbs gain this morning, what the hell can I do to actually get anything done!? I have stuck to plan all of September and yet I've gained by the looks of it.... even if I lose next week I never lose that much so I'll be lucky if over the month I maintain :(

Maybe start putting your daily meal plans on here? Someone might be able to spot where you could make some changes. :) How is your water intake? Also, if you are doing pole then that is quite a workout, it's both cardio and strength training, which will be making a huge difference to your shape but maybe not weight. SW unfortunately has one BIG flaw . . . it's not great if you do any exercise other than cardio. ANY kind of strength training will be developing muscle. Your results, at least for a few months after starting exercising, will be largely on measurements rather than weight. Lastly, hide your scales! If you weigh in at a group then don't weigh at home, ever. It's hard but it can be done. :)

And use this pic as motivation. :D

f943df02cfdd60b77965d4285cd2094f--losing-weight-tips-trying-to-lose-weight.jpg

I have a food diary (link in my sig.) although I haven't been on here all week.

I have had another good week after having the night off on Friday, I didn't go too crazy but it was a leaving do and after the disappointment and then a stressful day at work not worrying too much about what I ate was nice, I still went for a tomato based curry and had a small amount of rice and naan bread and then a bottle of red wine... whoops. The rest of the week I have kept my syns around 10 or below.

No plans which should take me off plan this coming week. I'm raring to go, I really want to see those 9's again soon

Thank you, I know there's lots of reasons but I am a little scale obsessed. I know it's a problem but I seem to be able to tell other people and then not listen myself. I must not be looking bloated as last week I did wear a wiggle dress whereas before I would have hated that if I were having a bigger day.

2lb off today, I'm going to try and focus on that being a great loss for a week rather than the fact that over September despite being on plan (bar last Friday) I have only lost half a lb. Looking forward to October though and hoping for a better result

It's been a very productive weekend. Booked our kitchen to be done in a few weeks, wallpapered our feature wall and sorted our fireplace and I've got some more of my uni work done. I've also got some brilliant idea's for some things to make for halloween. I need to make sure I get some time in between work and study to do them.

Brilliant day today, food has been good. I also went to my ''final'' pole lesson (although I might be signing up for another 4 weeks haha) Shocked about the syns in a multipack snickers bar though 15!!!! It looks a lot smaller than the ones in the shop, so thought it would be around 9 or 10. I'll have to save it for a day when I don't have any other syns... which is hard as I've been enjoying having crisps or something similar with my lunch at work.

Yesterday really didn't go to plan, I did go crazy (too much to drink and then had a McDonalds on the way home because I needed something to eat and nowhere else was open) :(

But onwards and hopefully still downwards on Friday ;) I'm planning on keeping my syns for the rest of the week below 10 to claw something back. I'd be happy with a small loss or even a maintain. I just hope I don't gain anymore.

Back