Slow and Steady.. winning the race

So I've set myself new targets as my losses have been quite slow for a while (although 2lb loss this week whoop whoop)

I am going to aim for 9 stone 7lbs before Christmas, as I know we have lots of plans on which may stop me getting all the way to target. If I don't hit this mini target I won't beat myself up, but I would really like to be in the 9's after Christmas so 9 stone 7 means I could potentially have 7lbs to play with. I then want to make sure I'm at target for my 30th in May. Hopefully I will be there well before then, but plan is to be there and stay there.

Hi Jenny, I'm good thanks - I said it on your diary but congratulations on your gorgeous new addition to your family :)

Fingers crossed, although I went over my syns yesterday (not majorly over so I should be able to pull them back the rest of the week without trying too hard)

I had a pumpkin spice latte (13.5 syns but taking 6 off as my HEA) so 7.5 syns, some mikado sticks for 7 syns, a pitta bread for 7.5 syns and 3 syns on sausages so 25 altogether, even if I have 13 syns a day for the rest of the week I'll have not gone over weekly syns so to be honest I'm not going to worry about it.

It's going to be harder next week when we are having the kitchen done, so will be without a kitchen for I'm not sure how long.

Hi Jenny, I'm good thanks - I said it on your diary but congratulations on your gorgeous new addition to your family :)

Fingers crossed, although I went over my syns yesterday (not majorly over so I should be able to pull them back the rest of the week without trying too hard)

I had a pumpkin spice latte (13.5 syns but taking 6 off as my HEA) so 7.5 syns, some mikado sticks for 7 syns, a pitta bread for 7.5 syns and 3 syns on sausages so 25 altogether, even if I have 13 syns a day for the rest of the week I'll have not gone over weekly syns so to be honest I'm not going to worry about it.

It's going to be harder next week when we are having the kitchen done, so will be without a kitchen for I'm not sure how long.

Thank you, I'm so in love with him :)

I really like Mikado sticks, how many do you get for 7 syns?

good luck managing without a kitchen, I can imagine how difficult that would be but I'm sure it will look lovely when its done. could you batch cook some meals and keep freezer and microwave in another room so at least you have sw friendly meals frozen? hope they get the kitchen done quickly.

x x

I think they're half a syn each last time I checked. Or I weighed them this time around based on the cals on the front of the pack. Can't remember how many I got. It's a decent amount for the syns I think.

I'm hoping we won't be long without the kitchen, will probably have at least one questionable meal but planning on buying some of the slimming world ready meals and having them with other things we can cook in the microwave as well, like jackets and veg. We only have a small kitchen so fingers crossed in a couple of days we'll be sorted (we're not moving anything around so it's not like they have to do any plumming or gas work.) the worse part is going to be the walls as we have tiles at the moment and my husband wants to paint the walls but they're not sure if once we pull the tiles down if the walls will be in any state to just paint)

I think they're half a syn each last time I checked. Or I weighed them this time around based on the cals on the front of the pack. Can't remember how many I got. It's a decent amount for the syns I think.

I'm hoping we won't be long without the kitchen, will probably have at least one questionable meal but planning on buying some of the slimming world ready meals and having them with other things we can cook in the microwave as well, like jackets and veg. We only have a small kitchen so fingers crossed in a couple of days we'll be sorted (we're not moving anything around so it's not like they have to do any plumming or gas work.) the worse part is going to be the walls as we have tiles at the moment and my husband wants to paint the walls but they're not sure if once we pull the tiles down if the walls will be in any state to just paint)

fingers crossed the walls will be fine.

good luck staying on track x x

A lb on this week, bit gutting as I feel I deserved a loss and I'm so close to getting under 10 stone again. This coming week is going to be hard as well as we have lots of plans on, yesterday was my mums birthday and I had pizza, cake and a brandy. Tomorrow I'm out for brunch and Tuesday I have an interview with lunch provided - so that's out of my control. Hopefully I'll manage a loss or a maintain still, I feel I deserve it after gaining for no reason this week

Another cheeky weigh this morning and I'm still 9 stone 13, if I manage to stay here until Friday I'll be amazed but extremely happy. I'll be happy if I stay at 10 stone 2 now though for WI as it will be a maintain over this week and I know I've had quite a few off plan moments due to different things. It's just still nice seeing the 9 stone, means it's in reach. I'll be over the moon if my weigh in after Christmas is 9 stone something

Well today has been a nightmare.

Bit of a stressful full on day at work, then at home they haven't put the floors in because we got our wires crossed and they thought we were pulling the carpets up and we thought they were. So the carpets are now up but we aren't getting the floors put in until Friday.
The kitchen has been ripped out and we're hopefully getting a plasterer sent round tomorrow - the kitchen cupboards won't be here until Thursday but the walls need sorting before then and I'm not sure if everyone is communicating all this, I really hope it doesn't take longer than two weeks but I'm starting to worry.

I've managed to be good though and we've decided against eating out or takeaway. We're having a slimming world ready meal with steamed rice and veg. Tomorrow we will probably eat out though, I have my interview so lunch will be bad and then for tea we will go out to either celebrate or commiserate (wouldn't have any other week but it's a good excuse to get out of the house with the state it is in at the moment)

Halloween is usually a big deal for us, but we haven't done much this year due to the house being done up. We took my little boy trick or treating and then watched a kids horror with him, which has all been good for my diet to be honest ;) however it does mean I've not spent this evening making lots of plans for Christmas. Still hoping to lose half a stone before then though, so 7/8 weeks, that's do-able. I just need to be careful on the weekends.

Decided for Christmas I am going to have a week off and just enjoy it, hopefully not going to crazy with me giving myself the week off and just have what I fancy when I fancy it. Then straight back on the diet when my husband is back at work on the 2nd Jan (so actually it'll be just over a week) I'm hoping that by Christmas I will be 9 stone 7 and then after a week off I should still be well in the 9's (Once I get out of the 10's again this time around I don't want to see them again)

So today has been pretty awful, had mango for breakfast and then chicken salad for lunch... but we've been stuck in the house all day as someone was doing the kitchen floor and then I had to stay upstairs most of the day with the dog. We can't get to the kitchen but the oven is still plugged in and left in the middle of the dining room, so we ended up having pizza and oven wedges for tea. I might have chocolate and baileys later too because I feel like it... half of me is fighting the urge the other half of me don't care.

The dog broke my scales, well he's not broken them but he's changed them to kg and neither myself or my husband can figure out how to change them back... so I might have to start converting on my phone to figure out what I actually weigh

I'm good thank you, haven't updated in ages as I've just been really busy with work and uni.

Food wise everything is good though. I did have a 3 course meal on Saturday but since then have been spot on and feeling really positive about this weeks WI. Hoping to lose a few lbs these next few weeks before all the Christmas events start kicking in. I really want the right balance of enjoying Christmas and not piling a load of weight on. I'd be really happy if my first WI in Jan I was around the weight I am now.

Back