Please help im worried! Summer Berry

MissieCB

Gold Member
Hi everyone, been stressing over this all night....

Im going to spain in two days and have bought an unopened tub of summer berry to take with me but im worried about taking it on holiday in case it looks like a tub of something dodgy!! Thought of putting it in my case but what say they pull it out and then go through it and it doesnt make the plane. Then if i take it in hand luggage whats to say they wont search it and then take it off me!!

I realise that at the end of the day its drink flavouring and along with my shakes should be fine but im worried because it still is white powder!! :confused:

Please has anyone taken it away with them on a plane??

xxxxxxx

I put all my food powered in my suitcase never had a problem. They know it isn't drugs etc as sniffer dogs would smell it, don 't worry will be ok.

I put all my food powered in my suitcase never had a problem. They know it isn't drugs etc as sniffer dogs would smell it, don 't worry will be ok.

Thank you sooo much for letting me know hun was getting stressed about keeping weight off let alone getting arrested looool

xxxxx

I took some to America in my suitcase and it was fine, at very worst they'll test it for narcotics and give it back to you. You'll be fine, enjoy your holiday x

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

I took some to America in my suitcase and it was fine, at very worst they'll test it for narcotics and give it back to you. You'll be fine, enjoy your holiday x

Thank you surfhunny that makes me feel better still worried about the water flavouring tho the shakes are coloured so its prob less worrying!! xxx

I'm sure you'll be fine, the customs in Spain are nowhere near as thorough as the US customs and US customs just x-rayed my bags and got the dog to sniff them. So long as you don't have any hidden dog biscuits you'll whizz right through.

I'm sure you'll be fine, the customs in Spain are nowhere near as thorough as the US customs and US customs just x-rayed my bags and got the dog to sniff them. So long as you don't have any hidden dog biscuits you'll whizz right through.

Yeah i bet but did you put in your suitcase of hand luggage?

I work @ a airport (looking for dodgy white powder etc etc) trust me it's fine! Worst that can happen is it's tested. But were highly trained individuals and can normally tell the difference between dodgy powder and non-dodgy powder!

MissieCB said:
Yeah i bet but did you put in your suitcase of hand luggage?

In my suitcase, near the top in a separate bag with my shakes so it could be easily taken out and checked if necessary.

danii27 said:
I work @ a airport (looking for dodgy white powder etc etc) trust me it's fine! Worst that can happen is it's tested. But were highly trained individuals and can normally tell the difference between dodgy powder and non-dodgy powder!

Yeah but if they take it out suitcase will they still get my case on the flight? Or is land luggage best? Cx

If it will ease your mind put it in your hand luggage. Put it like this if they felt strongly enough to remove it from your checked in bag because they were convinced it was dodgy not only would your bag be coming off the flight ...but so would you! A professional will know that it's not contraband and move on to the next case! Trust me I see bags stuffed full with food, milk powder, flour, seasonings etc. Completely normal!

Missie you sound exactly like me when I was taking it. But I'd have killed for advice from someone like Danii I ended up ringing Sanford Airport and asking what to do. They said declare it on the form and make it easily accessible just in case of checks. But you won't have to declare it cos you're going to Europe.

danii27 said:
If it will ease your mind put it in your hand luggage. Put it like this if they felt strongly enough to remove it from your checked in bag because they were convinced it was dodgy not only would your bag be coming off the flight ...but so would you! A professional will know that it's not contraband and move on to the next case! Trust me I see bags stuffed full with food, milk powder, flour, seasonings etc. Completely normal!

Thank u babe feel so much better been stressing me loooool xxxx

Back