Please help me bounce back from the ultimate failure and lose 8/9 stone!

hi rasberrycupcake

thanks so much hun thats nice off you .........

Hi Raspberry Cupcake!
I'm so glad I hunted down your thread tonight after appriciating your comments on mine - what a great supportive group we have on here :)

I read you story posts & just had to say - I don't think you're a failure at all.
It took a lot of courage to have that operation in the first place x
I am now almost at my heaviest weight ever - I lost 6 stone over the years but some of that was down to illness & the rest down to WW & SW - but it's all come back on, quite gradually at first but I've ballooned over the past 2 years :(
Like you some of it was due to medication (feels so unfair doesn't it?) But I needed treatment & I have to accept that - I know that only played a small part in my weight gain but it still stinks!
Somedays I still can't cope with the fact I've ended up this weight again - I never went above the 20stone mark again until last year, so spent 14 years below it (but not by much)
Something Emma posted really struck a chord with me - about your body reflecting how you feel - my ballooning weight reflected the mental chaos in my life perfectly!
Food was the only way I knew how to cope going through some times I wish I could forget.
I've forgotten what my point was now..... Lol memory like a sieve! ;)

I wish you well on your journey hun & I hope I can offer you lots of support along the way :)
I've never found a group of people who seem to understand me from every angle before - it really REALLY helps
CGxx

Hi Chezz or should I say curvy muffin! :D yeah I am looking forward to my meal out on Sat, my youngest niece is off to a friends place for the day so I am taking the eldest who is eight for a day out one on one which she will love, we will be ladies who lunch ha ha Oh I hope you manage to get some nice new jeans, its always good when you can buy clothes in smaller sizes, well done you, I know I have already started being able to wear tops and trousers that I haven't been able to for yonks which feels fab!

Oh an enjoy your meal out and your bottle of wine, sounds like a great plan!

I have also got Salters scales, they weigh me in at the same amount however many times I get on in the same period which is fab as I then know they are more likely to be accurate unlike the previous ones I had which I could put the scales in different rooms and weigh in half a stone heavier or lighter depending ummmm

What day do you weigh in again? mine is Sat so I have to weigh in tomorrow, am a tad nervous even though I have been on track, something about having an official weigh in day that frightens me a bit which is silly I know! Em xx

hi em

good luck tomorrow on your weigh-in not that you need it your doing fab mine is sundays so i better behave tomorrow and just have light meal tomorrow lololol
i think its lovely taking your niece out they grow up so fast i always say enjoy there company while there that young once they grow up i know they do not mean to do it but they want to be with there familys
yes i had some other scales before i got these oh i loved them they use to make you half a stone lighter than you was and if i put them in the bedroom they would really make you feel happy 9lbbs lighter lolol well there in in now lolol
well you enjoy your meal love and time with your family im sure that will lift your spirts as well

xxchezzxx

thanks Chezz, have a great day hun, lost 4 lbs this week so am very happy, hope your weigh in on Sun goes well hun, Em xx

thanks Chezz, have a great day hun, lost 4 lbs this week so am very happy, hope your weigh in on Sun goes well hun, Em xx

Em FOUR pounds nearer your goal, that is fantastic! Do you reward yourself with non- food treats? You should be so proud of yourself, it's not just progress physically but mentally too! :)

Claire x

CG, thanks for hunting down my thread, I agree with you this is one of the most supportive forums I have been on! It feels so nice when you 'bump into' (virtually!) a couple of people who seem to be on the same wave length and having the same struggles. I did find a very supportive forum when I was thinking of having weight loss surgery - all these people either saying how much weight they were losing, or counting the days til their surgery. The forum was quite new and I think we all thought we had come to the end of the journey - weirdly I logged back in a few weeks ago and there is now a shiny new sub-forum called 'revision surgery' and when I looked closer, it was filled with the people I had come to know who had surgery a similar time to me - all now having gained a fair amount of weight again, and some considering having the operation re-done so it would work again. I played with the idea myself, but where do you stop?!

Claire x

Chezz, hope you are pleased with your weigh-in tomorrow!

Mine was yesterday - I lost 2lb so 4lb altogether, not bad for 2 weeks but I usually lose more at the start of the diet! As long as it stays consistent I suppose!

Btw, my weighing scales are weight watchers ones, iv had them a few days and they aren't brilliant - as long as they stay in exactly the same place they're ok, but if you move them you can never make them weigh the same again! Strange! I could do with a little fence round them so I don't accidentally knock them!

I hope you are all having a good weekend!

Claire x

well done Claire on your weight loss, that is fab! :D,

Also yes I always do non food treats as well its just that as I enjoy my food but not my binges I find having planned food treats really helps me stay on track as I don't feel hard done by food wise, if in the form of a meal out at the most once a week or once every two weeks,I feel I have some of my trigger foods but in a safe situation where I can't just carry on eating non stop, also I am realising that my appetite has shrunk so much that when I do go out for a meal I am needing much smaller portions and so have so much less than I would have previously had but I do love a good meal out, its my way of rewarding myself for my healthy eating the rest of the time and then also allows me to have fun times with friends and family. Non food treats for me tend to be theatre trips, cinema, buying music and in the future but not yet will certainly be new clothes! What do you do for treats? Em xx

hi rasberrycupcake
i have lost 1lb this week but im very happy least its going down not up

xxchezxx

raspberrycupcake said:
Chezz, hope you are pleased with your weigh-in tomorrow!

Mine was yesterday - I lost 2lb so 4lb altogether, not bad for 2 weeks but I usually lose more at the start of the diet! As long as it stays consistent I suppose!

Btw, my weighing scales are weight watchers ones, iv had them a few days and they aren't brilliant - as long as they stay in exactly the same place they're ok, but if you move them you can never make them weigh the same again! Strange! I could do with a little fence round them so I don't accidentally knock them!

I hope you are all having a good weekend!

Claire x

Well done on your loss this week Claire!
Going back on those forums & finding people you used to connect with must have been an eye-opener - I hope you can take something from knowing other people have found themselves in the same situation as you - so you are not alone x

CGxx

I guess you're right CG, it just made me feel sad to think we had all taken such a difficult route (whatever the women's magazine articles would have you believe, weight loss surgery is painful, and definitely not the easy route. Imagine sitting with a delicious meal in front of you and knowing you could only eat 2-3 bites. It messes with your head! And that comes after the 6 weeks of puréed food!!! And then after all that, we still ended up big again!

But all in the past! I am losing it for good this time, I think losing the weight and keeping it stable will help keep my mental health stable. So it has got to be done!

well done Claire on your weight loss, that is fab! :D,

Also yes I always do non food treats as well its just that as I enjoy my food but not my binges I find having planned food treats really helps me stay on track as I don't feel hard done by food wise, if in the form of a meal out at the most once a week or once every two weeks,I feel I have some of my trigger foods but in a safe situation where I can't just carry on eating non stop, also I am realising that my appetite has shrunk so much that when I do go out for a meal I am needing much smaller portions and so have so much less than I would have previously had but I do love a good meal out, its my way of rewarding myself for my healthy eating the rest of the time and then also allows me to have fun times with friends and family. Non food treats for me tend to be theatre trips, cinema, buying music and in the future but not yet will certainly be new clothes! What do you do for treats? Em xx

Sounds like the perfect plan, that way you don't have to worry about what you are eating when you're out with friends either. New clothes sound good too!

I don't tend to have non-food treats, i find it difficult to go out, have pushed away most of my friends, and feel guilty if I buy anything nice for myself!

hi rasberrycupcake
thats true what you say i want to lose 1-2lb a week or more some weeks if be but im happy to do it slowly as then i know it will stay of this time ..................... i think you are a remarkable person to be honest about your surgery and the down sides to it all we ever here is the good side and i agree with you it must mess with your head its not something you must have gone in to lightly good luck sweetheart )))))hugs((((

xxchezzxx

well done Chezz on your weight loss, going from your stats that means a whopping 3 stone off! yay!! :D Go Chezz! Go Chezz! Em xx

I can understand where you are coming from raspberrycupcake I have been a virtual recluse for years due to my mental health issues, binge eating etc etc and pushed away all my friends and family, put off meeting up with anyone really but my friends and family luckily didn't give up on me which I am thankful for as I pushed them all away so much that I could have totally forgiven them for washing their hands of me. I let my insecurities about my weight / binge eating isolate me and on top of that my severe mental health issues made me feel like a complete failure, I pretty much hated myself, didn't want to go on living and sought help through various therapies yet most weren't of much help. I didn't want to go out at all and be around men for years due to the sexual abuse and I felt the best place for me was either at home locked away or dead. I am finally finding due to the DBT sessions that I am turning my life around, I am finally realising that I need to get out more and I still find it so hard as I'm so insecure and get so anxious yet since I have been doing it my life feels much more worth living again, I now enjoy meals out with friends and family, trips to the cinema, theatre etc , at first I was super anxious but as time has gone on I am being more "mindful" and managing to be in the moment and not feel so anxious also for me especially the theatre has always been a really big love of mine yet for years I wouldn't go, what if I was too big for the seats? or just being around people, now I use any spare money I have to treat myself to theatre tickets or use b'day and Christmas money for them as I love seeing the plays and musicals. I have never been good at treating myself , always put much more focus on treating everyone else so this is my way of to quote the hair product ads "you're worth it", something my therapist tries drilling into me each session.

It is difficult to do this and to realise that you are worthwhile and deserve treats but when you are insecure and have very low self esteem this can seem like a big fat lie yet it isn't and its worth working towards, just baby steps, a little at a time, little treats, short meetings with people, maybe just a coffee, just to get you out and meeting people again, nothing too long or too daunting, my psych always drills into me "baby steps" as I tend to be all or nothing, either total recluse or push myself too much, the middle road is much better!

Em xx

hi em yes i got to the 3 stone mark my little mile stone going to try and put some pics
go chezzie go chezzie

xxchezzxx

THREE STONE! Chezz that is amazing! 42lbs! Just imagine carrying around a sack with that weight in it!

My baby nephew is roughly a stone at the moment, which is a bit horrifying when I feel the weight of him / see the size of him and then realise I would like to lose at least SIX of him!!!

I hope you're pleased with yourself! I keep getting told to keep a diary of positive things each day - I never seem to get round to it which is stupid of me, but if you have got a diary or something, that is definitely something to go in it!

Well done, keep going! (this is when the cheerleaders start shaking their Pom poms lol)

Em, I really do think we are fighting such similar battles! I get told the baby steps thing a lot too. The trouble is I am quite impulsive and if I am having a good day will miss out all the baby steps and just dive straight in, whether that is getting the bus by myself or finding voluntary work. Then it all goes pear shaped and I feel even worse than when I started. So this time I am trying t stick to the baby steps!

Back