please help me

SW is great!! I am so happy on it!

Extra easy really is the best one for me-so much less complicated than anything else
xx good for starting off

Hi honey.

Im not spotting all of your HE's? So on your red day you had pasta as your HEB, but you get two.. and you dont note any HEA's.. again you get two of those. I assume your aware that your pasta pot lunch will have had syns? and proberly quite high too as of course you were on a red day.
On your green day, you had both HEB's (weetabix and your weighed out chicken) .. did you have milk with your weetabix, ( i guess so else it would have been quite dry:D) but if not, i can only see one HEA which would be your laughing cows. Now correct me if im wrong, but im also 98% sure you get 5 as a HEA - but please, someone tell me if i have this wrong. I never manage five and usually just syn one as a replacment of butter.

Whats up with the '6 grapes' and '4 strawberries' ?? They are free so why not enjoy a few more!? lol.. ;)

other than that, which i may just have read wrong or misunderstood, looks good :)x

- i appologise, iv just realised you'v written HEB next to your pasta pot batchelors soup thing- iv never heard of this, so didnt notice. x

hiya, how you doing?
with the weetabix i had the muller yogurt and Stawberrys and grapes. so saved on the milk.
i read its 6 cheese triangle if they are extra light laughing cow.

the pasta snack pot i thought was free but wasn't as i was doing a red day, not green there new in tesco i think there the same as the packet but in a pot. so guess there free. bachelors tomato and herb made with water.

the healthy extra a and b i did realize i had to have them until today, thought i could half them but defeats the point i guess. this is hard work. im addicted though. ha ha

thank you for your help and does this seem about right???

caroline x

I dont think you could count your pasta pot as a HEB then honey, it would have to be syns- unfortunatly proberly a fair bit as its pasta based on a red day :( but given that you seem to be keeping your syns to under 5 a day.. i expect you had enough.. but you should maybe try and aim for a little over 5 atleast? make the most of them :) as youl find reducing syns one of the options you can turn too should you find you plateu (sp!?) towards target.

Okay, iv just grabbed my book for you. Its FIVE laughing cow LIGHT cheeses, or SIX extra light. - not to be confused with dairylea, as that then varies also so just be careful with that one as you only had 4.
Really not worth halfing your HE's - when you know the plan inside and out, you can half them in terms of using half for one thing and the other half for another. (Now, not to confuse you but by this i mean simple things, like i might have an alpen light.. but instead of having two which would be a full HEB, i might have two slices of ww malted danish bread, which would usually be 3 slices for a full HEB. To make this a HEB i would then add 1 syn, as the average syn value that is allocated to a HEB is 6 syns you may have noticed) Please though, dont confuse yourself... its difficult enough getting into the swing of things in the very beginning! LOL use your full HE's, and make sure you know exactly how much of what you can have.

id say youv done well, its just teething problems.. we'v all had them! and we all get caught out.. esp with red and green days if you'v done extra easy, you start eating things and think 'oh crap, this wont be free!'

have you considered Extra Easy? i prefer as alot less hassle, and as you only get one HEA and HEB, it may suit you better anyways. xxx

I love doing EE too and am hoping for a good loss this week yea you still get all your super and speed food and HEB HEA

Hi if you are doing red and green, remember that if you dont have cheese as a HEA then you have milk, it is essential that you get your calcium, and you can have up to 2 HEAs on red/green, and 2 HEBs. On ee you can only have one of each ie 1 HEA and 1 HEB. Basically the principal on ee is that you dont have to measure/weigh your free food, but at every meal you have to fill your plate with 1/3rd superfree food. Hope this helps

Basically EE is just all the free food from green, all the free food from red, is all completley free on EE. For that you then get 1 HEA and HEB rather than two.. and when counting syns you would take the higher value ( so if somthing is 4 syns on the red plan but 7 on the green, you would have to take 7) but EE is the main sw plan now, so you will notice the syn value will be in orange when showed in the magazine or in your book :) x

I have a food diary in the weightloss journey section. if you click on 'slimmingworld' and scroll down a little, you will see all the little sub forums like ' weight loss journey diarys.. syn values etc' .. mine is in there.. but as iv just re-started there isnt an awful lot to look at, but EE is a popular plan and you will find most people follow it so more food diarys will be extra easy based, hope this helps ;)

I would definitely recommend the EE to you Caroline.
Remembering how much of each thing you can have is sometimes difficult when you first start so EE simplifies things.

All you have to remember is that you can have half a cow and a field of potatoes if you are that hungry, as long as you have 1/3 superfree food too.

Yeah Extra easy is just that-extra easy.

You have 1 Hex A and 1 Hex B a day. Each meal must be 1/3 superfree foods, but other than that no weighing, measuring nothing-so really easy.

Hope this helps

x

Basically EE is just all the free food from green, all the free food from red, is all completley free on EE. For that you then get 1 HEA and HEB rather than two.. and when counting syns you would take the higher value ( so if somthing is 4 syns on the red plan but 7 on the green, you would have to take 7) but EE is the main sw plan now, so you will notice the syn value will be in orange when showed in the magazine or in your book :) x

You take the lower syn value on EE, not the highest. X

You've already had some pretty good answers, but I just wanted to add that you don't need to worry yourself. It can take time to get to grips with the plan so don't worry if you have any confusion. Re-read your books, keep checking and asking questions, and it will all fall into place. When I first tried SW a few years ago, I had to rewrite all the information out for myself and refer to it literally every time I ate for at least a week. Once you get to grips with it, it is pretty simple and a great plan :)

Back