Please help- urgent advice needed

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Morning folks! I need some urgent advice! Ive been dukaning since beginning of Jan! Ive been 100% apart from with two very shortlived slips:- one evening/day and one evening which both resulted in huge rebound gains, particularly the first which was 8.75lb gain - eeeeek! It has taken me 3weeks to get that back off!

My dilemma now is we lost my mother in law last week! So far i have managed to stay on track but i am very corncerned ill slip when we have the pre-wake coffin vigil in the house on thursday night and then the funeral/wake on friday! Reslistically its not gonna be possible to avoid buffet food on euther occasion and i wont be able to eat separately from others (altho i honestly do hope to be careful). Also alcohol will be involved and to be frank, im gonna need/want it. Im terrified of another big rebound and am not sure emotionally ill manage to cope with another setback weight-wise right nowso am scared ill then give up. Because its worrying me - which i know is ridiculous for me to focus on with everything else going on - im desoerately wanting to find a way to limit potential damages!

Whats anyones thoughts on going part-conso temporarily by introducing perhaps the bread today onwards! Wud this actually make a difference towards limited carb/glyco rebound if some is already in my system before thursday night/friday! I really homestly plan to be as careful as possible but it will be impossible to completeluavoid eating carbs on those occasions - and realistically who knows how strong ill be at the actual time...

So sorry to read your news. Firstly, do what you can to get through the next few days/weeks, if needs be the diet can wait.

On to my own experience. When my Mum died I'd just started conso. I can't remember what I ate but we did have oatbran daily - that probably saved me weight-wise - also had a couple of whiskies most evenings to help me sleep:eek:. I did put some weight on, but not much (can't remember - a kilo or so) which came off easily while continuing conso (luckily husband in charge for that - my head was somewhat fogged and not in diet-mode or anything else).

So, I suppose being on conso did help but I didn't have any extra weight to lose. I know that Dr D advises going to conso to get through holidays and the like, so maybe worth a try but you have enough to deal with, only you would know if you'd manage. Please don't put extra pressure on yourself though.

Good luck and take care.

So sorry for your loss hun and I agree with RobinHood. Take care and my condolences to you and your whole family. x

Thank u all! I know its ridiculous worrying about my food at this time - i think its a control thing maybe - something i can try do simething about!

I was only looking to lose 1.5stone and have only 0.5stone to go - my fear isthat my rebound 3weeks ago was so high at 8.75lb, (and i was at same weight b4 then as i am today) that im scared if same happens again, im practicalky back at the beginning again!

Anyway, ive taken the plunge andhad a bit bread - will also add wheat bran to my porridge tonight! Im not planning on addjng fruit, statches etc at this stage; will just see how i go! At least i feel as if im trying to control possible rebound as much as possible! If i can stay roughly at this weight, that would be great - i can tackle the last half stone later!

Thanks so much for the support! God it hurts eh - i just feel so useless with supporting my husband; because im disabled with very limited mobility, ive been pretty much laid up since the day she died (obviously physically it took its toll on me) so i havent been able to help properly with arrangements, other than verbally! I know im still here for him/his family but i wish i could have been able to take more of the load off their shoulders :(

I missed this thread yesterday - I wish you all the best for the difficult days to come. You sound like a lovely person and I'm sure your husband feels your support shine through your words as we do.

Take care
x

Maintainer said:
I missed this thread yesterday - I wish you all the best for the difficult days to come. You sound like a lovely person and I'm sure your husband feels your support shine through your words as we do.

Take care
x

Aww thank u - u made me tear up there! Sniff sniff lol x

Zebs sorry to hear about your family loss - get the next few days over as best as you can - dukan and this forum will still be here to help all we can and it will be something positive that you can concentrate on. Will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow - take care love x

thinking about you and hope your coping xx

Thank u again so much for all the supportive comments!

Im home now tho hubby is staying with her doing the overnight vigil. Evening was ok - strange to say but it is actually quite a comfort to have a last big family get-together with her with us - so to speak!

Im not catholic but i like being there while they do the rosary etc; and its nice to tell/hear stories etc with her kinda still being there! No singing by when i left, but ill bet a few irish ballads are sung at some point during the night.

Tomorrow however be another day with a whole other ocean of emotion to swim through!

Food-wise, im pretty chuffed with myself! I was careful thru the day and this evening had 6 wee quarter ham salad sammiches (ie 3 bits wm bread); handful crisps and a crunch cream biccie - not bad eh! Maybe gives me a bit more leeway to carry forward to tomorrow when alcohol will be my bestestest friend but will require soaking up lol (i had to drive tonight).

Anyway, enuff - im rambling! Thank you all again - so much xx

Back