Please help !!!!

macy12

Ok, I`ve been on SS for 3 weeks tomorrow, and lost my first stone, which I`m absolutely chuffed about!

Today is my birthday and I`d really love a chinese.
Now, part of me says don`t do it, you`ll regret it, the other part says hey, go for it JUST this once.

I have literally spent the last two hours changing my mind and now I`m so pee`d off with myself.

I know no one can tell me which to choose, but if anyone has any input, it would be very much appreciated !
:cry::cry:

Last edited:
How was it for you getting into ketosis? Because you would be back at day one in terms of ketosis so if you had side effects do you want to go through that again? I don't know what i'd do as I won't have a birthday on cd but I want to lose the weigh as fast as possible and don't want to slow it up by cheating. Your choice though.

dont do it your regret it in the morning, your doing so well and there will be more birthdays just think next year you wont feel guilty when you wont to calibrate.

I started back 10th March, B'Day was 11th march...I ahd 2 glasses wine and 2 slices of cake...and I've still lsot 6lbs this week. I knew I would be having the cake & wine before I started so I knew I wouldn't be guilty or angry with myself.

The best thing to do is listen to yourself...if you want to go for it, knowing it's a one off and not a slide into backtracking, then I say go for it..."It's your Birthday and you'll eat if you want to!" ;)

My advice, would a be friendly don't do it! ((hugs)) so many fail returning to ketosis you would REALLY kick yourself if it ended up being you. ((Hugs))

I haven't given in for my birthday or valentines and don't regret it at all. I am of a firm mind, that i'm ignoring eating on my hubbies birthday, daughters birthday, days away the lot.. all in the next 2 months.. there is always some reason or other to 'cheat'..

Good luck in your decision though :) And Happy Birthday! Well done on giving yourself a 1 stone loss for birthday!! :D

Last edited:
Hiya my birthday is in 10 days time and im on week 5 and lost 20lb I have had the same dilema but Im gonna celebrate my birthday when Ive lost my weight as I feel so well and motivated and I dont want to lose this feeling at the minute.

Im sure you will chose what is best for you.

Sharron

I agree not only will you have the side effects of not being in ketosis for a few days but you will proberbly regret it. Where I used to treat myself with food I now treat myself in other ways. Go to the cinima or the theatre. Buy yourself a nice bit of jewellery or perfume or makeup you could even book yourself a massage or facial or get your nails done etc All theses treats make you feel good and have none of the regrets attached that eating a takeaway has plus some of them cost about as much as a takeaway Also remember just in case alcohol in ketosis can be dangerous xxx

Hey, its my birthday tomorrow and I am planning on adding a meal, no cake, no wine.....I think just the fact of having a meal, for me, feels like enough of a treat!

Lately, instead of rewarding myself with food, (like I used to) I have some 'me' time. Sit and have a nice coffee out somewhere and read a mag, buy nice cosmetics and body products, have a nice long relaxing bath, go window shopping for hours ....things like that.

I am not sure what my OH has planned for tomorrow, but I know that I really want to stick to CD, I dont really want to go through the struggle of getting back into ketosis...I'm not emotionally strong enough for that.

It was my birthday on monday & i didnt give in, it felt strange not eating or drinking but at the end of the day i was so proud of my self.

I honestly would not do it. I did not celebrate my birthday last year when I SSed and did not regret it. It is only one day and you have many more slim and healthy birthdays ahead of you.

I am sure you have had plenty of Chinese meals in the past and believe me, you will enjoy them a whole lot more when you eat them at target.

You lot are FANTASTIC !!!!! The funny thing is within minutes of me posting, some friends turned up unexpectedly with a lovely M & S choc birthday cake !

And........... I didn`t have a piece !!!!!
I politely explained my diet, and they were sooooo understanding.
It wasn`t until they just left, that I realised how chatting had distracted me these last three hours !!!!

So, gonna have a nice bowl of warm cinnamon and apple porridge instead and watch the telly !

And as a few of you have said, I`ve got plenty of time to enjoy a chinese when I reach my target !!!!!

Thankyou all again so much
x

Am pleased you decided not to do it,well done.I had my 40th and I had just started ss,it was easy to resist and ss once I really thought about it,I didnt feel deprived as I faced it with a positive mind and thought if I can get through this I will see it through to the end,you will be so happy when you wake up in the morning that you have stuck with it.
And by the way
****HAPPY BIRTHDAY***
xx

I personally wouldnt do it. I know by next morning i would really regret and then getting back into Ketosis too.....

Well done you tho for resisting the birthday cake & chinese. Stay strong. You will have lots of other birthdays to celebrate.

Well done on staying strong! And Happy Birthday!!! I just think if you had had the Chinese you probably would of thought ud wasted the day, so you would eat everything else in sight too! (well thats what I do anyway!) and the next day you would probably feel so bad and find it hard to get back into diet, and binge again!! And 4 weeks later you will be thinking "damn i could of lost a stone by now - not put another one ON!"

Ok some of you may not agree with me, but I think its a personal choice. I went into ketosis in 24hours and never experienced headaches etc. Ive also had a few occasions to attend and I have had a nandos and chicken shish with lettuce etc and I havent been kicked out of ketosis and I havent felt sick and I havent fallen off the wagon. Im comfortable in knowing that I still have self control. Im in week 5 now and although I have had times that I want to give up (like many ppl) I havent. This diet has to be a learning curb, I have to learn personally that food is not a treat its not the be all and end all. I will stick to this diet because I never want to be obese or overweight ever again, the amount of weight I have been losing is far to much of a incentive to stop. Although you decided not too, its was your choice hun and we would of still supported you. If you had found it difficult after we'd have given you as much help and motivation as we could of. I find the inspiration pictures make me even more determined. xxx

Back