please somebody in the 8's want to get in the 7's?? xx

I'm trying something totally new this week. First day was on monday so its day 4 of reducing my portion sizes at tea time. Why only tea time? Because I make home made free soup for lunch and only eat my HEB's and fruit as snacks during the day and i'm comfortable with the portions. Its my evening meal that totally lets me down. I used to be a 'normal' eater until I met my 1st boyf (many moons ago) and as large eaters (they'd have tea and then a chinese ordered about 9pm!!) I just went along with it and slowly my mum witnessed my transformation from a very slim teenager to a tubby, then overweight one. I've struggled from then on!

I'm one of those people that watch other plates whilst eating to ensure that I don't finish first, that way they won't know how disgusting my eating habits actually are. Now I don't want to blame my little boy but its got worse since he was born as hubby and I now both eat extremely quick in case he starts crying or needs our attention there and then.

So, I decided that if I want to get to target, and to stay there that ultimately (in my opinion) I eat too much and too quickly and as I felt very uncomfortable after stuffing my face on sunday night, monday seemed like the best time to start! I do have to remind myself to eat slowly and I am leaving food on my plate at each evening meal so far this week. I hope I can get the portions right when I get used to it more!

I'd love to hear if anyone's ever done this but i'm scared of posting a thread about it as I know some people don't think thats what Slimming World is about. I'm not saying it is, just for me its a personal journey that i'd like to do!

God, sorry for the essay ladies!

I've cut down my portion sizes. this may sound strange, but I realised I felt better if I got hungry between meals as I could always eat something, than if I felt stuffed after.

sw do say to eat until satisfied, not eat as much as you can cram in, so you do need to learn portion control, you just need to find your own portion size rather than having it dictated to you. It makes sense that someone at 10 stone will need to eat more as it takes them more calories to move that weight around.

I read somewhere in some losing weight article that being hungry (not starving) when it gets to meal times is a good indicator that you didn't over eat at the last meal.

I've cut down my portion sizes. this may sound strange, but I realised I felt better if I got hungry between meals as I could always eat something, than if I felt stuffed after.

sw do say to eat until satisfied, not eat as much as you can cram in, so you do need to learn portion control, you just need to find your own portion size rather than having it dictated to you. It makes sense that someone at 10 stone will need to eat more as it takes them more calories to move that weight around.

I read somewhere in some losing weight article that being hungry (not starving) when it gets to meal times is a good indicator that you didn't over eat at the last meal.

Thanks for your reply Kate, I'm feeling really positive about it all, I did day 5 last night and hubby was here - THE biggest test. I did chicken and spinach biryani from one of the mags and its so lovely. I does feed 4 however and I remember we didn't leave much the first time. I halved all the ingredients (apart from the sf ones, in fact I added fresh toms right at the end) and pleased to report that I did eat slowly and I left around half on my plate whilst hubby filled his face.

When he took my plate away I thought he threw it away but when I went into the itchen he'd covered it and left it. I asked why and his reply was in case I wanted some later as I hadn't eaten much.....we did have a little chat later as he mentioned he could start to see and feel 'bones' (rather than the fat covering them!!)

So its day 6 and I'm looking for a nice kebab recipe for tea. Its our usually SW break which is normally huge! I shall do this...I'm feeling tonnes better already!!!

XXXX

Hubby does most of our cooking, follows a recipe *whether it be for 4 or 6) and then used to share it out between the two of us, if I didn't finish it he thought he'd done something wrong (men :rolleyes:). Thankfully now, he's realised that I don't need to eat that much and he now lets me serve myself, and I have left overs for lunch.

So last night was the hardest yet. I made delicious chicken kebabs with salad and pitta and although I made and cooked enough for 2 kebabs each I had it in my head that I could only have 1 pitta for my HEB anyway so I served just the 1 to me with the 2 chicken kebabs worth of meat. I did manage to leave the chicken and felt good for about half an hour and then I felt hungry again.

I was quite disapointed in that feeling as I hadn't had it so quickly after a meal all week. It goes down hill from there, I had a bag of french fries and a curly wurly taking me over syns as I wanted to have a drink with hubby last night.

So, todays a new day, i've woke feeling hungry but not starving. Looking forward to the week, got to plan my meals and go out in this horrid weather!!!

XX

I also have this problem when eating with my other half, im sure most of my weight gain was from eating the same portions as him! Lucylu79 i have the same problem of eating way to fast, im really making an effort to chew more and to stop when im full but im finding at the moment im starving by meal time so generally there are no leftovers but certainly before snacking im thinking to myself, am i really hungry? Do i really need this? I also had my worst day yesterday as was out for a meal and drinks for a friends birthday picked a healthy pasta but went over my weeks syns on eating some bread and olives and on 4 drinks I had. I'm just hoping I've at least stayed the same this week and not just put back on what I lost last week. Not a great start as only my second weigh day tomorrow! Been to a spinning class this morning for an extra push so fingers crossed!

I do find tho my weight loss is always really slow like 1lb a week even tho I'm hungry must of the time and doing a lot of high intensity excercise and mostly don't have any syns or at most only 5 syns a day. (other than yesterday of course) What is everyone else's average weekly loss? It might be coz I've only got a stone and a half to loose but just wish I could speed up the weight loss but can see anything more I can do. Any tips or pointers anyone?

xxx

Lucylu, if I feel hungry half an hour later, I have a pint of squash and see how I'm doing, if I still feel hungry 15 mins later I'll have a yogurt and banana (unless there's left overs when I go and get myself a tea plate sized portion).

Skinny Jeans - recently my losses have slowed right down, and have lost 8 lbs in the last 4 months. I have found though that on the weeks where I relax a bit more on my syns and eat more superfree I lose better, but I have to try and not relax too much otherwise I end up with weekends like the one I'm currently having where I go a little crazy on syns, OK so a take away chicken madras with boiled rice on Friday and three slices of tiger bread one of which had peanut butter on, might not be a binge in most peoples eyes, but this morning my stomach feels yeuk and I've put 4lbs on and my waist has increased by an inch since Friday.:sign0007::banghead: But I am officially under target (still in range) so shouldn't worry.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who weighs and checks measurements more than once a week, I have to admit i've weighed myself every morning and have seen a loss each day except for yesterday and today.

My weight losses have been all over the place recently. I can never judge it and if I try I'm normally wrong, for example last week I truly thought i'd lost a bit more than 2 and yet there it was, bang on 2. This week i've eaten less in meal quantities but its 3 weeks after my 5lb gain so in theory i'm back to 1lb per week mode.

The only way I can lose more than that seems to be if I start exercising (I don't do any at the moment based on the fact that i'm running around after Alfie so that counts?!) and usually the 2nd week of exercising I'd see a 2lb loss or something.

I've got hubby's bday end May and my brothers visiting from Poland whom I haven't seen since last year so I want to look my smallest!

Up for a 4 week challenge you two?

x-x

I'm up for a challenge, what are you proposing? I'd like to lose the last 5lbs to get me down to 8 3 and lose and inch from my waist and hips.

I check and record every morning and evening.

Exactly that, you set your own challenge and we shall report as normal each week, mines to see the 7's so 7lb's to lose, yikes!

Tiphareth I've heard the theory before than eating syns within reason can actually speed up weight loss so I'm giving it a try but I limit myself to no more than 5 a day. As last yr when I did SW I didn't drink for 3 months and had only about 10 syns max a month some of those being the 1 syn mullers so not really bad syns and only lost 1lb a week so think its worth a try.

Lucylu79 I am also obsessive about weighing and I think it helps me as if the weight isn't budging it motivates me to be more strict when otherwise I might have had a few sneaky more syns!

I'm deffo up for a 4 week challenge. Think it will be good to motivate each other. Will see what the result is tomorrow after my weigh in then set my target depending on the outcome. I always just weigh and never measure so as part of the challenge I will measure my waist and thighs as that's where I need to loose from and incorporate that in my challenge! :)

Think I'll join ya, I'll measure also on weds and report with my weight loss (hopefully) and take it from there. Just had my mini roast dinner, no gravy, no stuffing, good girl aren't I!

Ok so I've had my weigh in and I've got a 1 lb loss! Making me now 9st1lb. Really pleased with this as after all the rubbish I ate Saturday I thought I'd have at least stayed the same if not put on. I was really strict yesterday tho and killed it at spinning class. Has made me think tho I'm going to move to a mid week weigh in date as if im a bit naughty on a weekend then Monday leaves no time to claw it back and I have a few unavoidable occasions coming up. So I will weigh again Weds and start my 4 week challenge. I'm going to challenge myself to a 6lb loss as I would normally only loose 4lb in that time so hopefully I can somehow push for an extra 2lb from somewhere! Just wanna be back in the 8's then at least I will feel like I'm on the countdown to my goal of 7.11 but the 9's at the min just feels too far away! x

Ps. In addition to this an inch loss on waist and thighs will also be part of my challenge. Not sure how possible this is as I've never measured before!

Well done skinny! A 1lb loss is fab if you wern't expecting it!

Well after my weekend i'm up to 86 syns so I need to reign it in a bit, i'm off work today as my lo is poorly, trying not to pick too much as I seem to hover around the fridge when i'm at home!

Weighed myself this morning to see the weekends damage and I was 8st4.8. I remember seeing 8st3 something on fri morning so my aim is to see it again before wed's if possible!!!

x

How are we girlies?

Kate have you had weigh in or is it tonight?

I'm getting anxious about weigh in as I don't know the difference between my scales and classes. I need 2lb to take me back to where I was but I would love just a little bit more just to prove that this eating less is working. I'm still thinking about eating slower at every meal but i'm not leaving ant on the plate anymore. Hope i'm dishing up more! Saying that though i'm on a green day and made JP with beans and HEA cheddar and I only had 1/2 can of beans. I would normally have the full tin so somethings working, even if just in my head.

Anyway hope we are all ok.

x-x

1 on for me this evening. Better than a couple of days ago and my stomach still feels a bit rough. Plus I'm still under my official target, so not too unhappy.

Tiphareth said:
1 on for me this evening. Better than a couple of days ago and my stomach still feels a bit rough. Plus I'm still under my official target, so not too unhappy.

Another lb off 4 me girlies! 8st 12 by the gym scales which is the lowest I've been since late oct. I'm 8st 4 by my scales so really confused as 2 what I really do weigh lol. I'm starting 2 feel slimmer & 10's aren't such a struggle 2 get on. I'm peed off wiv a few people's comments though grr! I mentioned on Facebook that I had lost 20lbs since having my lil girl a yr ago & got sarky comments from some very overweight women on there! Apparently I'm wasting away & there's nothing 2 me blah blah blah! Well I would look skinny 2 them they must be about a size 22! It really peed me off cuz surely it's down 2 the individual what size they want 2 be? I wouldn't dream of saying 2 them omg why are u bragging about having takeaways on Facebook u'll pop soon! Sorry 4 the rant I just don't know where certain people get off! Have u girls had negative comments? I know larger women would kill 2 be a size 10-12 but I bet if they lost the weight & still had lumps n bumps like me they'd want 2 lose a bit more!

Another lb off 4 me girlies! 8st 12 by the gym scales which is the lowest I've been since late oct. I'm 8st 4 by my scales so really confused as 2 what I really do weigh lol. I'm starting 2 feel slimmer & 10's aren't such a struggle 2 get on. I'm peed off wiv a few people's comments though grr! I mentioned on Facebook that I had lost 20lbs since having my lil girl a yr ago & got sarky comments from some very overweight women on there! Apparently I'm wasting away & there's nothing 2 me blah blah blah! Well I would look skinny 2 them they must be about a size 22! It really peed me off cuz surely it's down 2 the individual what size they want 2 be? I wouldn't dream of saying 2 them omg why are u bragging about having takeaways on Facebook u'll pop soon! Sorry 4 the rant I just don't know where certain people get off! Have u girls had negative comments? I know larger women would kill 2 be a size 10-12 but I bet if they lost the weight & still had lumps n bumps like me they'd want 2 lose a bit more!

Congratulations on the lb off.

Here's my rant on the subject.

I think the problem is people perceptions of what is normal have grown larger as more people have become over weight. There's then all this back lash against slim people because of the media attention on undereight models, that any one now who is on the lower side of a healthy BMI (ie one under a BMI of 22) is considered too thin, where as health problems start to become a potential at a BMI of over 23.

I've had some people tell me I'm losing too much weight, but this is coming from larger rather than smaller people, so there can be a bit a jealousy in there and a not wanting to admit they may need to lose more than just a couple of pounds. Maybe because vanity sizing is leading them into a false perception of their actual size. ie I'm a size 14 and always been a 14 therefore have an "I don't have a problem" attitude, and say things such as "I don't go on what the scales say, I go on how my clothes fit", where in reality the size 14 they now are used to be a size 16 or 18. When I was a teenager a size 10 was a 23-24 inch waist now it's more like a 26 to 28 and the 24 inch is now a size 6 or 8.

Problem with being short is that to get to where we should be BMI wise no clothes fit us, or at least I'm finding that problem, hence the reason I'm no longer aiming for a BMI or around 21 and will stay roughly where I am and just lose a couple of more lbs to get me to 8 stone 7 so I'm not fluctuating up towards 9 stone. Although I am tempted to start looking at kids clothes.

End of my rant.

Tiphareth 1 isn't bad at all, you'll easy get that back and still under target is fab so well done!

Madmum I kno what you mean about people making negative comments about weight loss when your not huge. My view is what's wrong with trying to control and maintain a healthy weight BEFORE it gets out of control. I'm 5'1" and got to 9.6 for me this is the biggest I've ever been and I wanted to get it under control before i got any bigger. Everyone at work keeps saying "oh you will waste away" but I say to them, did you notice I put any weight on in the last year? (we wear quite unflattering baggy uniform at work) They reply no. I say well I've put on a stone and a half actually so you probably won't notice when I loose it either but the important thing is that I will and it will mean my clothes fit better, I feel healthier and I will be happier with body and myself. In addition my target weight is STILL within a healthy BMI. So I will not be underweight. So well done on your loss don't let others get you down, I think it's just jealousy really.

Lucylu how did the weigh in go? 4 week challenge!!

Xxx

Back