Please sw help me loose weight

A healthy start to the day :) at the risk of sounding bossy - are you going to have your third of your b'fast in speed food and did you measure your milk? Here's to a good day for you!
Hi Hun ur not sounding bossy thank u for help no Hun I am going to have a tangerine now and melon just not shure on dinner how are u doing today I did measure milk x

Well done there ;) I'm doing ok today thanks - but kept busy all day inc going to see MiL in hospital - she had loads of choc and biscuits and offered them to us - my hubby had 2 chocs :eek: I didn't have anything - go me!!

So - so far so good - I'm looking forward to lovely quick recipe for chicken & chorizo - had to go out to buy the chorizo and avoided all those Easter goodies at Asda - go me! :classic_wink:

Thank u so much for your kind words and help I do think sw can be quite dear I find writing a list will be better for me as I go beserk I buy stuff I already have lol to be honest I have bought carrots broccoli and cauliflower and only had it once my baby has had it more this week I am really going to try and have veg how has ur journey been ur right the sw site is really good I have had my weetabix and a coffee will be having a piece of melon very soon xxx

I agree that we could spend a fortune on SW food plans but as you say when we have a list it stops us from picking up things we don't need! There are a fair few cheaper "free" and "speed" foods out there - we can save the dearer stuff for syns ;) and those are limited aren't they? When I have too much veg in - I either make soup or put it on a casserole - then I freeze it if I can't eat it straightaway.

Think you've read about my upndown journey now :classic_smile:

Here's some recipes for SW coleslaw:

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/recipe-search.aspx?search-term=coleslaw

Lots of all sorts of SW recipes on the net too!

Last edited:
I agree that we could spend a fortune on SW food plans but as you say when we have a list it stops us from picking up things we don't need! There are a fair few cheaper "free" and "speed" foods out there - we can save the dearer stuff for syns ;) and those are limited aren't they? When I have too much veg in - I either make soup or put it on a casserole - then I freeze it if I can't eat it straightaway.

Think you've read about my upndown journey now :classic_smile:

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/recipe-search.aspx?search-term=coleslaw

Lots of all sorts of SW recipes on the net too!
Ok am finding you now hopefully lol xx

Well done on refusing the Easter eggs Asda had loads to and some really nice looking tastey ones sorry to hear about your MIL and u done really good I find little choccies can add up to so many syns x

Do my speed food veg didn't go to plan I boiled it for around 20 minutes and was still hard that's never happened before so binned it I think in future will put it on before my dinner or stick to the microwave bags wich are dearer and my baby enjoys it to I do enjoy sw chips and thinking of getting a actifry I think that is what there called

Hi Georgina

Why not try hiding your speedfood in the food if you aren't keen on fruit and veg?

Maybe dice up lots of garlic, peppers, onions, carrots, courgettes, mushrooms and fry off with some lean mince and a can of chopped tomatoes. Add a dash of Worcester sauce and hey go Speedy Bolognese to go with a big plate of pasta and bobs your uncle.

The above works really well with quorn mince and Turkey mince as well which are both really cheap.

Hey @Georginaungi

Just reread your thread to get some idea of why you aren't losing do here comes some "tough Love" i.e.telling it like it is to try to help you😁

You say "I'm following SW, I don't know why it's not working etc." Now bear in mind that I know SW works as I have lost 2 stone. That leaves two possibilities:
1 - There is a physical reason why you aren't losing eg plateauing, thyroid problem, etc
2. - You aren't following the SW plan properly.

Reading back through your diary I found all of the following in the past couple of weeks:
* I guessed my syns
* I've been totally off plan today
* I had a slice of cake and some yorkie
* I don't have enough speed food

While it might be worth seeing the doctor to rule out any physical cause, I really think you can do it if you get your head in the zone and have a few weeks 100% on plan.

I've been struggling this weekand falling off the wagon a bit. I go on holiday in 4 weeks and have 3 weigh ins left before holiday.

How about we have a pact that we both stay 100 % on plan for the next 3 weeks? No cheating, no temptation. I keep telling myself that 3 weeks is no time at all and if I can t have enough willpower and discipline to follow an easy diet just for 3 weeks then I've got no hope in life!

Let me know if you are in!

Write down here everything and I mean everything you eat and when you eat it. That way those doing Slimming World can help you.:)

Do you go to a meeting or are you trying to do it at home alone? If at home do you have the up to date books or using old ones?

Hey @Georginaungi

Just reread your thread to get some idea of why you aren't losing do here comes some "tough Love" i.e.telling it like it is to try to help you😁

You say "I'm following SW, I don't know why it's not working etc." Now bear in mind that I know SW works as I have lost 2 stone. That leaves two possibilities:
1 - There is a physical reason why you aren't losing eg plateauing, thyroid problem, etc

Reading back through your diary I found all of the following in the past couple of weeks:
* I guessed my syns

While it might be worth seeing the doctor to rule out any physical cause, I really think you can do it if you get your head in the zone and have a few weeks 100% on plan.

I've been struggling this weekand falling off the wagon a bit. I go on holiday in 4 weeks and have 3 weigh ins left before holiday.

How about we have a pact that we both stay 100 % on plan for the next 3 weeks? No cheating, no temptation. I keep telling myself that 3 weeks is no time at all and if I can t have enough willpower and discipline to follow an easy diet just for 3 weeks then I've got no hope in life!

Hope you've had a good day :);):cool: xx

Last edited:
Hey @Georginaungi

* I guessed my syns

I think that's a really helpful post - I recognise my dieting slip ups in there too - you're right SW's a great diet when you get your head round it (I think it's quite tricky at first tho) I hope you have some good losses b4 your hols!

How's things Georgina? We're here to help! :classic_smile: xx

Hi Georgina

Why not try hiding your speedfood in the food if you aren't keen on fruit and veg?

Maybe dice up lots of garlic, peppers, onions, carrots, courgettes, mushrooms and fry off with some lean mince and a can of chopped tomatoes. Add a dash of Worcester sauce and hey go Speedy Bolognese to go with a big plate of pasta and bobs your uncle.

The above works really well with quorn mince and Turkey mince as well which are both really cheap.
Hi Hun I did make spag Bol yesterday with garlic onions and peppers u could of got More speed tomorrow I am going to write the fruit and veg I like wich is speed and put it in my fridge how are u doing Hun x

Hi everyone iv missed posting here and catching up my wifi was playing up yesterday I will post yesterday and today's food then reply thank u for ur msgs also xx
Saturday
Breakfast.
Poached egg on toast with 1 sausage 4 syns
Dinner. Uncle bens mixed peppers rice pouch with mackerel 2 half syns
Tea. Spag Bol pasta mincemeat peppers onions mushroom garlic tomatoes
Syns fredo 5 half 2 sw bars also had 3 slices of melon

Today I started of with 2 pieces of toast b choice with butter my friend invited us for a roast I jumped at the chanch and was delish and then I had a piece of chocolate cake with light cream I did have some syns left and also speed food but I also know choc cake is not a good option now I have had a tangerine big glass of flavoured water and ready for bed

Back