Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Thanks Cali, the whole thing just cracked me up. I haven't told anyone at work that I've been trying to lose (apart from two friends), up until now anyway!

Weekly Round-up

Weight

This week I lost 1.6lb. Since my weight has been futzing around this month, I'm only 1.2lb down from what I was 3 weeks ago. The monthly total/average next week is not looking good! But of course I'm pleased about my loss this week. :)

Goals

Have a week of 'good' days - achieved 4/7 days

Have good fats with every meal/snack
- achieved 5/7 days

Continue the kitchen cupboard clearout - I got one cupboard cleaned out

I was at or below my daily calorie limit for 3 of the 7 days. On the other four days my 'overspend' ranged between 12 and 227 calories.

I drank a lot of water this week; there was only one day when I did not drink enough, and most days I drank more than 8 cups.

Weekly Goals

My goals for the coming week are:

Be at or under my calorie goal each day

Write up a list of quick standby meals and ensure ingredients are in the store cupboard

Sort through another kitchen cupboard to rid it of non-GI-friendly items

Congratulations on the weightloss!

Your goals sounds great. I need to get strict on low GI/GL too. You ladies are inspiring me :)

Plum, I think you've had a pretty positive week. Well done on the following:

- the compliment :D
- the weight loss :talk017:
- meeting your mini goals over at least and well over 50% of the time :)
- being around your calorie limit ( I class being over by 12 a success!) on most days :clap:

A great week. :)

Thanks Cali and Ashie! I have to admit last week's goals had too many things to keep track of, that's why I've gone a bit simpler this week!

Food today; I've been hungry! Left breakfast too late as well.

Breakfast: AllBran with nectarine, 1/2 banana, mixed seeds and milk

Lunch: M&S nutty superfood salad (really nice! grains, beans, veggies, nuts and seeds) with olives and tiny tin of tuna/bean/tomato mix

Snack: nairn's oaty bakes and light Philly

Snack: nectarine and cottage cheese

Dinner: red miso soup (packet), homemade fried rice with egg, veggies, ham and prawns

Food looks really yummy today Plum. The nutty superfood salad sounds yummers! I want a M&S near me!

Your dinner sounds really yummy too, you had me at miso soup and fried rice. I love those two so much. You had a really exotic food day today :)

I'm going to try to recreate the salad myself, if I get a recipe together I'll post it! :)

(I often thank my lucky stars for M&S. It's not cheap but a godsend if you need something ready-prepared!)

I've not come across the nutty superfood salad - is this new ( I try to avoid M and S these days as their foods are so tempting) or is that what you call it:)?

Your food does look very yummy today, Plum. I love fried rice. That will be on the menu within the next couple of days :D

AshieFan said:
I've not come across the nutty superfood salad - is this new ( I try to avoid M and S these days as their foods are so tempting) or is that what you call it:)?

I hadn't seen it before either! Nutty super food salad is on the side, on the top it says nutty grain & vegetable salad. Really yummy with a soy/ginger dressing!

Well, Friday and Saturday went a bit wrong. Friday was going well until the evening. My best friend and I both had an awful day at work and wound up consuming FAR too much wine. Saturday was therefore a complete loss as well. By the evening I felt ok to eat something simple, so had miso soup, banana custard, wholemeal pasta with grated lowfat cheese, and yoghurt. (spread out over about 3 hours and consumed on a 'what could I eat now that wouldn't make me queasy' basis)

Getting back on plan today! Experimenting with a porridge-based American style pancake recipe this morning.

No worries about this weekend Plum, today's a new day and a new start :) Your porridge based pancake sounds yummy. Let us know how it comes out :)

Pancakes SO GOOD! Have posted to the recipes forum along with the long-promised barley risotto and a bread machine recipe.

(mmmm. PANCAKES!!)

I'm giving myself a break from strict MFP food tracking today, we went out for lunch and although I made sensible choices I haven't got any idea of how to log it so am taking a day off! But not going mad and eating everything in sight, just not tracking. :)

Food today has been an attempt to get back on track. I realise that breakfast sort of belies that statement but I think they were pretty healthy pancakes, as pancakes go. We had lunch out because we were shopping.

Breakfast: oaty pancakes. PANCAKES! yum. with lean bacon and 2 pork and apple sausages and a glass of milk

Lunch: mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese and crab, side salad and a few french fries with ketchup (for the lycopene!)

Snack: oatcakes with peanut butter and apple butter

Dinner: kamut penne with homemade bolognese sauce, a sprinkle of parmesan and steamed veggies, plus some garlic stuffed olives beforehand

Snack: Booja Booja ice 'cream' - I'm excited to try this, it's made out of mostly nut milk and agave syrup plus flavourings. We picked up two flavours (maple pecan and a chocolatey one) so I hope it's not disgusting!!

(http://www.boojabooja.com/ice_cream_ingredients.asp for the curious, they even show the GI and GL!)

Food sounds really good today. The pancakes and the ice cream sound really good, plus they're all low gi which is a bonus. Maple pecan sounds really really yummy :)

The ice cream stuff was pretty tasty actually! Not 100% like dairy and a bit of cashew 'undertaste', but much richer than, for example, the vegan Swedish glacé we get here.

So, really struggling with stress/motivation today which is making me not hungry at all. Been having a difficult time at work and it's all kind of coming to a head today/tomorrow. I guess it's better to not feel hungry than to want to eat everything in the world? Which is what used to happen to me.

Back