Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Or sometimes, the scale wants to be evil and just doesn't want me to see that wanted small goal number >_<

Pretty unremarkable day today! Quite a few snacks this afternoon as my husband has a business trip and so dinner was really late. A lot of wheat today too. Weigh in tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath!

Breakfast: AllBran with nuts, seeds, tiny bit of dried fruit and milk

Lunch: cheesy beany pasta mess thing (was not in the mood to cook!)

Snack: garlic-stuffed olives, Nairn's oaty bakes

Snack: garlic-stuffed olives

Snack: quesadilla made from multi-grain tortilla

Dinner: turkey noodle soup with wholewheat noodles

(I'm reserving the right to have some of the low GI non-dairy ice cream later, I have enough calories left!)

Your food today doesn't look bad. Whole wheat is much better than just normal white wheat.

The garlic stuffed olives sound yummy :)

I lost 0.2lb today. I would be happier if I had lost .3 because then MFP would say I have lost 22lb overall instead of 21lb. Darn rounding! ;)

Goals all went a bit to pot this week so I'm not going to recap them here. Suffice to say this week wasn't the most on-track week I've ever had but nor was it the end of the world. I'm going to take things a little easy this coming week, I'll still eat well but not going to keep track of goals or anything. I have a lot going on at work and my brain is already too busy!

Congratulations on the weightloss! You did great:)

I don't like the rounding on mfp either. Because our scales don't round to the nearest pound >_<

Well done, Plum. I'm so pleased you have lost weight especially as you were not expecting you to.

BTW, I'm really getting jealous of you eating so much olives including Manzanilla and Cuquillo Olives - they sound so exotic that I think I need to investigate what they are and buy some. :)

Thanks Ashie! I was pleasantly surprised, I must admit.

I do love a nice olive. The fancy-named ones from M&S are basically a mix of red and green. ;) They are yummy though!

Bit over on my calories today (impressive since I didn't start eating until lunchtime) but tbh I'm not fussed! I've come down with the most rapid cold ever this evening (felt really knackered about an hour ago, and now have a raging sore throat and sneezing/runny eyes, but felt completely fine earlier today) so just sort of had what I wanted for tea and didn't worry much about it.

Breakfast: err, naughty Plum. Eat Breakfast! Oops.

Lunch: M&S feel fuller longer beef stroganoff and side salad

Snack: cottage cheese with rasberries and mixed seeds

Snack: wasabi almonds

Snack: mini babybel lights

Dinner: minced beef and red lentil one-pot, steamed veggies, M&S mini chocolate pot (Ashie, I was celebrating your lovely day in spirit, y'see ;) )

Sorry to hear that you have a cold. You should try a pinch or two of turmeric in hot milk or hot water. It works wonders. Trust me. :)

AshieFan said:
Sorry to hear that you have a cold. You should try a pinch or two of turmeric in hot milk or hot water. It works wonders. Trust me. :)

Hm, that sounds interesting - does it taste odd? I'm a bit turmeric-averse since an ex tried a food experiment - turmeric toast (make toast, butter it, sprinkle thickly with turmeric - I only agreed to try it to be supportive).

It does sound like the sort of thing that would work though!

Awww poor Plum, I hope your cold goes away soon. There's a nasty cold going around here too. I've been on the verge of catching it all week.

Eat what you can, it's not easy to cook etc when you're sick. Do what makes you feel better, and snuggle in the blankets. I enjoy drinking tea with lemon, ginger and honey when I'm sick. Or I guess now because of low GI/GL rooibos with agave syrup.

Hm, that sounds interesting - does it taste odd?
It does sound like the sort of thing that would work though!

Yes a little odd but it's all for the good. :)
And, seriously it does work. Use a tiny pinch of tumeric if you want!

Hi all, I've been lurking and reading while being ill. Turned out not to be a cold but more of a flu or something. I imposed a self-ban on posting/emailing etc after texting people interesting things when my fever got too high...

I'm left with evil tonsils so still working on recuperating as am due to fly to Cyprus next weekend, so will keep quietly lurking for a bit yet! You all seem to be doing really well. :)

On a food front, there hasn't been much! Been trying to avoid starchy foods as I think they can feed the germs and tbh haven't really been hungry. Trying to manage protein and good veg though. :) I lost 4lb overnight one night which I was dead impressed with in my delirium the next morning. ;)

Hi Plum, hope you are okay and recovering from the cold/flu. Get better soon.

I hope you get well soon Plum! Hugs!

Back