"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

Hi Polly moved by your post! Regret is a terrible thing and I'm a bit like you, should have lost weight years ago and now suffering from weight related health problems. But hey we're on the right track now! Good luck and here's to improved health. xx

2lbs off...next week am hoping to break the 13s barrier......SOTW, which was a nice surprise (shared) but still nice. Hope everyone is doing ok x
Woo Hoo . . . well done chica. Shame the SW scales didn;t agree with your own but you break through that 13 barrier next week!

thanks ladies....yes you're right Bev, I lecture myself every week about not getting on them, but i still do. Hope you've had a better day!
Hi DaisyD....I think we're silly to ourselves. I only said to the Dr today, a couple of months (ok 4)back I couldn't walk just up my road without feeling shaky and being out of breath, now I can do a brisk walk right round our park and still be ok (much to my little dogs delight!). I've got arthritis in some of my joints, and if I sat on my low still, I had to find something to grab a hold of to pull myself up, and now I can just stand ...and it's all to do with weight. I think it suddenly hits you without you realising, I'm annoyed with myself because doing it this way, I could have got it under control years ago! so many "if onlys" , Good luck to you too, please call back in, its nice to have a chat xxx

It was the arthritis in my knees that finally got me to diet. That ans seeing a photo where I looked absolutely ginormous!!
I was like you - had real trouble getting out of a chair without some help.
And getting out of my little sportscar was a wonder to behold.
My right knee is still a massive problem but no amount of dieting will sort it out as I need a replacemnt really - but it's heaps better as you say.
And I now no longer have any trouble with my hips and ankles.
Amazing what a 5 stone loss can achieve!

Keep at it girl - it will continue to get even better.

Also keep at those Xmas cards - they'll soon be over and done with!

Hi ladies, and thank you. Well I have my Grandies today and then some of next week...half term...so have to NOT indulge in what I'm feeding them! I've made some more SS Soup, so will try and stick to that, bought my favourite mint Hi Fi bars for our movie night.....tonight. We always cuddled up together on the settee, with a bowl of sweets each...well I've got grapes and a Hi Fi, so should be fine!
Yes it's the knees that get you always, you would think it all pressured our feet and ankles, but it's the knees that always come off worse isn't it?
Yes CG hopefully I'll break into the 12s, can't even remember when I was there before, but I shall be so excited to be there again1
Just looking at your profile bit at the side CG can you tell me what PALEO is? is it a diet? xx

. . . Just looking at your profile bit at the side CG can you tell me what PALEO is? is it a diet? xx
I'm sure CG will reply with lots more info for you but yes it's a way of eating.
Originally based on getting back to Caveman principles of food and much "cleaner" eating.

Well I bet there weren't many overweight cavemen......foraging comes to mind! xx

Well I bet there weren't many overweight cavemen......foraging comes to mind! xx

That's the concept of the paleo diet i think - lose weight by cutting out all modern processed foods and stick to basics.

In my minds eye I've got you in a fur skirt and off the shoulder top...with a spear!! Ursula Andress comes to mind!!
giggling.gif

Hi ladies, well another busy few days. I have lodgers this week, half term and my Grandies have come to stay.....and they're definitely not good for my diet! So far have been "forced" to eat 2 jelly babies and some French Fries......plus a full Sunday roast!
embarrassed-smiley-face.gif
Got to get myself together tomorrow.....I'm praying I don't have a gain or I will spoil my "no gains" record...but it's very likely I'll STS :sigh:
Hope everyone is having a good week x

Afternoon Polly - good luck at WI tonight. Let's hope the grandies jelly baby's haven't done too much damage.

Hi ladies! Well I was fully prepared for a STS or even a gain this week, and was amazed when she told me I'd lost 1/2lb....and like you say every little bit helps. I'm straight back on plan, with no distractions for a whole week...at least not that I know of anyway. I'm trying to break the 13 stone barrier....only 1 lb to do that, then 3 more lbs and I will get my 3 stones under my belt (not literally) bum is big enough as it is!!
files

Thank you for the good wishes. I haven't had time to come on and really chat, I can make up for that come tomorrow xx

Well done Polly - and only 1 lb to the 13 barrier. Woo Hoo.
Enjoy the last day or so with your grandies!

They've gone home now Bev...that's why I'm back to normal...well normal for me!
Glad you enjoyed your "Italian" ! lol xx

I have been with my grandkids at their house, always goes wrong when up there. Well, will see in the morning,

lolol! as much as I love to have mine...they are definitely NOT conducive to my diet! Good luck Doreen!.

I just thought it wasn't Ursula Andress in the fur outfit, it was Rachel ???? can't remember her name now duh!! x
no it wasn't it was Raquel Welsh...lolol.....don't worry, it's an age thing!
files

Don't know what she looks like now though CG !
thank you all systems are GO! xx

Hi CG, are you home again?
Thank you...according to my scales (HHmmmm) I've broken the 13 stones barrier and only 1/2lb away from my LBD Chistmas challenge, but WI officially in an hour, and as long as the 13-12 is real...I'll be happy xx

files
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! 2.5lbs off, broke the next stone bracket and only 2 lbs away from my Christmas LBD target! wahaaay! xx

Back