"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

Thanks CG....I really appreciate you remembering me.
Happy days today...2.5 off .....:)....only 1/2 lb for next award...and near the next stone marker too xx

Way to go Polly ! That's a great result.

PS Do you WI on Thursday? I was convinced it was Weds night.
Age you know affecting me.

Yes Thursday morning....I would probably be 3lbs heavier at a night time! lol x

lol! Gotta get to 12 first...but I will! xx

Hi Polly, just happened to see mention of your photos which took a bit of tracking down I must confess!... great change and well done!
I'm still hoping to get a bit more weight off this year and considering that it's taken me from April 2010 to lose approx. 3st I am having to be very patient to say the least. As for photo changes.. this is me when I started..
2010 16st 2lb (1).jpg 16st 2lb / now WI March 2013   13st 9lb.jpg13st 6lb

As you said.. I can't believe how enormous I had been and no wonder my back was soo painful at the time.

I have the same problem myself with company.. often go a couple of weeks or more only saying the odd few words to a cashier when I go shopping and it can get quite depressing sometimes. Still.. we have to count our blessings don't we? One of the reasons that I like going on a cruise at Christmas as there's always plenty of chat.

Love the idea of being able to sell your cards at the local shop... just wish there was something like that around here.

Anyway.. keep up the good work, you've done fabulously! :happy096:

Hi Emmaline, how nice of you to come have a chat, thank you. Yes sometimes it's a bit disheartening if you're a slow loser, I call myself a plodder, but it DOES come off. You obviously have a disability....am sorry about that, but of course if you can't be energetic, or do exercise it's obviously going to make it so much harder for you, but you also obviously have will power on your side, so VERY well done. Huge difference in your photos!!:)
I really can't believe the difference in me now...my Arthritis doesn't bother me too much, it's my hands and toes really getting misshapen and sometimes a bit painful that give me problems.......at least I can walk much better with my dog....don't get out of breath nearly as much as I did 6 months ago,and going upstairs is no longer a struggle. Of course, I couldn't dance the night away (given the opportunity that is) but losing this weight has benefitted me no end.
Yes life can be lonely at times...so you have to make the best of what you have...and that's what I try to do.
I think I put my photos on the old Little Black Dress challenge thread, because we all agreed to do that. It was a shame that a lot of the ladies seemed to go missing...perhaps they gave up or just stopped posting, I don't know. there were some great inspirational photos though,,,and ladies being really excited at their results.
The forum is great to come and have a chat...brings us into a social community that we wouldn't otherwise have. xx

My mum has complained about alone-ness for years. It's been her biggest problem for a long time.
And she has always said weekends are the worst - so when she was more mobile she always used to vist M&S on a Sunday and then have lunch in the Tesco restairant next door. I used to hate her going - as she is an M&S'aholic. Shed buy clothes without trying thme on and never return them when they were too small. Great for me as a lot of really nice t-shirts came my way!

Both your photos look fantastic - both of you look so much slimmer.

My mum has complained about alone-ness for years. It's been her biggest problem for a long time.
And she has always said weekends are the worst - so when she was more mobile she always used to vist M&S on a Sunday and then have lunch in the Tesco restairant next door. I used to hate her going - as she is an M&S'aholic. Shed buy clothes without trying thme on and never return them when they were too small. Great for me as a lot of really nice t-shirts came my way!

Both your photos look fantastic - both of you look so much slimmer.

I think the alone-ness thing is quite common with most of us that now find ourselves single again for whatever reason but I know that I wouldn't want to have someone here on a permanent basis.. got used to my own foibles even tho' I do find myself saying that I wish I had someone.. :confused: ..mind you just knowing that going for a meal or a cuppa with company is so much nicer.

Thanks for the compliment Bev... must say that for some time I couldn't see the difference myself.

I was trying to find the "black dress" thread Polly but without success.. can you give me the link please?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/332431-lbd-plan-done-ok-ladies-next-challenge-2.html

This is the new thread Emmaline...I can't find the old one...this challenge is for Easter.

I got my little dog nearly 3 years ago now. I was used to the Grandies staying over regularly, or they phoned or Skyped me, my daughter always checking I'm ok...and then they all went on holiday and I didn't see anyone for nearly 3 weeks, and I just felt SO alone, and for the first time got really depressed. I'm not that sort of person who wallows in self misery, I don't GET depressed...thankfully...and I just get on with things, but this time I ended up in tears...I decided to get my little dog....now I talk to her lol! My daughter is always telling me to get out of the house more, join some clubs...just DO something. Well I've never been one to just turn up anywhere without being invited, and even joining SW was a real trial for me, going in on my own..it took me a couple of weeks to pluck up the courage to do that. I play darts on a Thursday with some lovely friends...but when I first started I had a job to walk in the pub by myself!
No I wouldn't want anyone living here in my house either, visit? yes, but not live. My youngest son lives in Cardiff.....the other side of the country, and when he comes to stay, it's lovely, but I wouldn't want it as a permanent situation...cooking and cleaning etc for someone else...been there, done that...plus worked full time! Now my time is my own.As you say we get used to our own company...and I've always been extremely independent, do my gardening and decorating, just annoys me now that since my hubby passed away, there are things I can't do like lifting and heavy digging...and I have to ask for help. While I'm capable, I won't pay anyone to do anything when I can still do it. Takes me longer but eventually it gets done. I would like a friend to go have a meal with, or to the cinema or theatre.....or just to shop and have a coffee with. Most of my friends still work, even though they should be retired, so I don't have anyone. Poor old bugger aren't I? lol xx

Thanks for the compliment Bev... must say that for some time I couldn't see the difference myself.
Emm - you look hugely different!
But I know what you mean. I actually couldn't see any difference in myself either until I'd lost almost 3 st.

I was trying to find the "black dress" thread Polly but without success.. can you give me the link please?
Polly is just trying to confuse you - as she didn't post them on the old fred but actually on the new one.
The actual post with her piccies is here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...one-ok-ladies-next-challenge.html#post6950374

I already put that link on Bev
giggling.gif

I really have a job to find threads on here...so glad I have a list of the ones I answer regularly.
Also had trouble trying to edit my signature.......remember Bev you said about the huge space on it? well it won't let me add anything, I get an error messgae. I put a new thread on yesterday, and Cavegirl has told me to PM Pierce...which I've just done, so hopefully he will be able to help me......xx

Problem was Polly your link wasn't actually a link - when you clicked on it, it din't go anywhere so you needed to copy and paste it into the browser bar.
I also put the link to your actual post with your piccies.

Re you signature. You are probably over the limit so it won't let you add anything - you'll need to delete a load of stuff.
Also everything in your sig i slinking out to your ticker! Including the big smiley, your image of all your awards and the words as well.
That's probably what's screwing up your sig.
Go in and edit it and get it to show you the actual html by clicking on the 1st icon in the top left corner!
This will show you where you might have some issues.

. . . I really have a job to find threads on here...so glad I have a list of the ones I answer regularly.
Not teaching grandmother how to suck eggs I hope here - but if you click the SETTINGS link at the very top of any page it will show you which threads you've subscribed to that have any new posts. Right at the bottom of the SETTINGS pahe there is a link to show you all your subscribed threads.

No Luvvie, I can find the threads I'm subscribed to it's when I'm looking for something else I find the forum very confusing.

Right, just followed your instructions, and changed to SOURCE, there are about 6 lots with ticker factory on...I don't know if they should all be there...it's all text.When you change your ticker and update it, are you supposed to highlight the previous week and delete it? I thought when it updated, it just removed the last one>???
I've just looked at some chaps post...his signature has LOADS of stuff on it. 2 big photos, about 50 awards, plus a load of text...so I really don't know what my problem is.
I sent a pm to Pierce....no reply...then looked in my Sent box...and it says I haven't sent anything...I obviously have NO idea what I'm doing. xx

Hi Linz the actual space seems huge compared to some......and I'm no techy, so have no idea what's up x

oh Lord!! no...you have no idea how long it takes me to add a new award! lolol! I spent over an hour, trying to put an Easter Egg piccy on for the Easter Challenge thread......never did get there!
embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

Back