Poached egg....help!! lol

Missy Fatpants

Im am really really fancying poached egg for my breakfast...however i cant make them :( Has anyone got a foolproof way i can try out??? I keep meaning to buy one of them poaching pans, but i always forget lol

Someone help stop this craving lol

Sorry can't help as I'm useless at making poached eggs.. I have bought poachets from lakelands, they are fab and hardly no mess!!

Hope u get to feed your craving :) X

I boil a pan of water add some vinegar and then when its beginning to boil i give it a mix and crack an egg in :) then leave it for a few minutes (youll know when its done) and then drain it as i fetch it out the pan x

Boil a deep pan of water then turn down the heat so you get a few bubbles per second, add a big splash of vinegar, break the egg into a small cup, stir the water so that there's a vortex in the middle gently tip the egg into the middle of the vortex and leave it for 2-3 mins remove with a slotted spoon

Or line a ramekin/small cup with microwaveable cling film, break in the egg tie the top of the cling film over the egg and drop into the pan, leave for 2-3 mins remove with slotted spoon blot with kitchen paper and remove the cling film!

ok i just gave that a go and i think im destined to never have poached egg lol....the water went all scummy, the yolk seperated from the white and it looked foul lol.....im having one last go, just waiting for the pan to boil!

looks like it might just be beans on toast lol

thanks guys!

I bought a microwave poacher off ebay for about a fiver, id be lost without it

Or line a ramekin/small cup with microwaveable cling film, break in the egg tie the top of the cling film over the egg and drop into the pan, leave for 2-3 mins remove with slotted spoon blot with kitchen paper and remove the cling film!

I dont like poached eggs but that's how I do it for the OH - just break the egg into a pouch of cling film (lining a cup or whatever), tie the top up and lower the cling film pouch into a pan of just-boiling water for 2-3 min. Worked perfect. (Ive never been able to do the vortex thingie).

you guys are the best!!

Just done it in the cling film and its perfect....poached egg with beans on toast yummmy!!!

Thank you xxx

Shirleen said:
Ugh beans and egg on the same plate *shudders* lol

I was going to say the same thing!

Baked beans eeeew hehe

But heyho whatever tickles them tastebuds i suppose :) x

oooh no it has to be beans and egg together lol

that will sprob explain it then as they are almost a week old eggs! Altho they were fresh on the day i bought them as i get them from the local farm shop and there fresh every day :)

i got an egg poacher from morrisons for about £2 best thing i ever bought along with my microwavable omellete makers as if i try do this in a frying pan i get scrambled eggs xx

After trying all the methods I bought an egg poacher for the microwave, it does up to two eggs at a time, is easy, 50 secs=1egg. 1min 10secs =2eggs
Lakeland and similar shops sell them

Ugh beans and egg on the same plate *shudders* lol

OMG, beans and egg is the best and yes on the same plate yum yum... You sound like my OH and hes just weird, he loves egg and he loves a sald but am i chuff allowed to give him an egg salad????

I have rules, eggs are not allowed with tomato sauces beans/ sketti, but are allowed with tinned toms.
Not keen on toast with eggs, but will suffer if accompanied by bacon.
If I have savoury rice I always have hard boiled eggs with it!
No salt allowed on fried eggs but allowed on boiled.
In an egg sarnie if ketchup is added so must spring onions!

I'm not fussy at all just following the rules!

i do my poached eggs in a cup in the microwave just spray the inside with a little fry light crack your eggs in mirowave on high for 10- 20 seconds at a time till cooked how you like them.

Shirleen said:
I have rules, eggs are not allowed with tomato sauces beans/ sketti, but are allowed with tinned toms.
Not keen on toast with eggs, but will suffer if accompanied by bacon.
If I have savoury rice I always have hard boiled eggs with it!
No salt allowed on fried eggs but allowed on boiled.
In an egg sarnie if ketchup is added so must spring onions!

I'm not fussy at all just following the rules!

:-D No, not at all!!!

Eggs go with just about anything in my mind. I always do poached haddock and poached eggs on toast. I just pop the eggs in after the haddock and they're perfect. I always thought it was coz the water was simmering but not boiling and was salty.

Sounds a bit odd but my method is to crack the egg onto a small plate, then when the water is boiling tip it in from the plate!
Have tried the swirly water thing and I too get scummy water and not much egg left in tact!! X

Back