PogMoma's Diary

It's certainly working for you so keep up the good work!
I can relate to accounts, it's what I do, it was never my dream I inherited the job from my Mum 19 years ago (long story) I went as far as AAT and decided that was enough studying for me :)
I don't envy you but it'll be worth it in the end.
Monday tomorrow boo :(

Oohh so you know what I'm going through lol I had a mini career crisis abount 3 years ago and decided I needed to do something about it. It was either IT or Finance but at that time the company wasn't looking for any junior IT people they could train so Finance it was. I'm doing ACCA at the moment, can't wait for exams to end! I thought I'd be done at uni but nope... People do say it's worth it in the end, one of my colleagues who is post qualified a few years said she's still waiting to feel it hahaha. I've got to see it through, I'm nearly done! OH said he'd buy me a Mini when I'm fully qualified hehehe :D

Yep Monday again... busy week ahead!

Sunday's food - PV

Boiled eggs
Asparagus tips
Oatbran pancake
Tea with milk and Truvia (I put in too much - too sweet bleurgh)
Steak
More asparagus tips
Soy milk

Dippy eggs with asparagus is YUM! First time I've tried them and I'll def be having those again. I OD'd on asparagus today cos I forgot I bought them so I had to quickly eat them all up. Love em.

I've found these really nice sugar free chewing gums - Extra Dessert Delights. I bought the Lemon Square which is nice and the Mint Chocolate Chip which is really nice. I think I'll be buying more of the mint choc chip in the future. I went on Amazon to see if there were anymore in thie range and there are LOADS! These are helping with my sweet cravings. I seem to remember you're allowed 5 sugar free sweets a day on Dukan so I'll be counting these as those and not finish the whole pack all in one go :D

Steps weren't that great this weekend, well below my daily target of 10,000 but that's ok. OH said he thinks my face has gotten smaller :D

My husband said this morning that he could tell I'd lost weight, and I had a sort out over the weekend and can get into some of my smaller clothes :)
It's great isn't it?
What an incentive to pass your exams!

Oohh that's great news! It's like you've just bought a new set of clothes being able to wear all the smaller ones that didn't fit before :D

This morning scales showed 69.8kg :D

I worked out my Dukan TW (True Weight) on the Dukan site and saved it down just before I started this. I've opened it up again to see what it says and apparently I will reach my target by 30/05/14. So I have 12.8kg still to lose and 87 days until Dukan target date. That comes to 147g I need to lose every day. Putting it like that makes it sound doable. I doubt it will happen tho, I have a week in Spain over Easter and as a slow loser anyway I'm going to guess it's going to take longer than that.

Whatever the case it's going in the right direction so I'm happy :)

Hope everyone has a good day! x

Monday's food - PP (allegedly!)

Mackerel fillets in spicy tomato sauce (it was very oily so I don't think it was allowed on Dukan)
Chicken wings
Tea with milk
Oatbran pancake made with oatbran, wheatbran, egg whites, skimmed milk powder (I left it on too long so it got a bit burnt :( )
Beef grillsteak
Lobster bisque soup (probably illegal)
SF cream soda
Cottage cheese with onion & chives

...and then late night addition - Rolos and a Double Decker :(

I don't know why I ate so much today. The soup probably isn't allowed cos of the cream in it but it was in my kitchen cupboard and I really fancied it. I ended up leaving some of it tho, it was too rich.

Scales won't be so kind to me tomorrow morning but it's my own fault!

Surprisingly this still only came to total 1,910cals according to MFP. Then what the hell and how much was I eating before I started logging everything in MFP??? All the bread, pasta, sweets and that???

BTW I'm not updating any tea (green or herbal) or black coffee that have practically no cals in them on this diary but I do have at least two of one or the other every day at work. I have four different types of green tea and several other types of herbal tea too. I'm addicted to Teapigs tea :D

Water - I try and have at least 1.5 litres a day. I should try and get more down but it makes me to go the loo too often lol This is a massive improvement compared to a few years ago when I wouldn't touch plain water with a barge pole and lived off fizzy drinks and fruit juice. I've quit fruit juice completely and only have them occasionally, same goes for the fizzy drinks. At least on Dukan you're allowed sugar free fizzy drinks.

I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow to get my lunch together to take in. A couple of boiled eggs and oatbran pancake me thinks. Salad bag is ready in the fridge so I'll grab that too. I have small tins of tuna lying around everywhere at home and at work for emergencies! Let's draw a line and be good tomorrow :)

Morning Pog, well done on the last few days - sounds like things are going well :) Don't worry about yesterday, we all have days like this. Just get back on it today and you'll be grand :)

X

Thanks Clareel, I'm back on it now!

Scales showed no change from yesterday - 69.8kg so I'm happy with that. So close to getting into the 10 stone range!

Have a good day all x

Hohoho it turns out 69.8kg is 10stone 13.9lb!!! Hohoho!

Wooohooo Pog!! Well done on getting into the 10s, that is awesome! Onward and downwards from here lol, hope you've had a good day today :)

Thanks Peeps :) I had a good day considering on past pancake days I would eat and eat until I was absolutely stuffed. This time I was sensible and had a couple of Dukan friendly pancakes, one with peanut butter and the other with lemon & sweetener on top.

Tuesday's food - PV

Oatbran cookie (2T oatbran, 1T quark, sweetener, cinnamon powder - mixed and zapped in microwave)
Boiled egg
Tin tuna
Salad
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Medium skinny latte
Pancakes (eggs, dried skimmed milk powder, sweetener) + peanut butter and lemon & sweetener

I was supposed to go to the gym tonight but gym buddy bailed on me. I was nearly at the gym when I checked my phone only to find texts from him saying he's still at work. I felt knackered already having walked really quickly from work, I was hungry and NEEDED pancakes lol so I went home!

Fitbit says I've done 11,358 steps so far today so I'm not too fussed about not going to the gym. I don't know how I managed that many today tbh especially since I was running late this morning and hopped on the bus halfway to get into work on time. Whatever the case, I'm happy :)

PP day tomorrow. Cooked a whole load of chicken tonight so it's chicken all the way for the next couple of days!

Oh yea another thing I keep meaning to mention is that I don't lose as much hair when I'm washing it now. Coincidence?

Oh the day I realized that I was so happy! Even the lady who does my nails commented on how lustrous and thicker my hair was looking :D

Hohoho it turns out 69.8kg is 10stone 13.9lb!!! Hohoho!

woohoo!!!! :party0011: Yay for you!!

Enjoy you day xx

Morning! You're doing brilliantly with your steps, I guess you're still loving your fitbit :) how are you doing at recording your sleep? I don't know whether to give mine another try.
What does PV and PP mean?
Have a good day x

Well done on just having 2 pancakes Pog, I didn't even bother as knew I would eat about 10 lol. Hope you have a good day :)

Morning! You're doing brilliantly with your steps, I guess you're still loving your fitbit :) how are you doing at recording your sleep? I don't know whether to give mine another try.
What does PV and PP mean?
Have a good day x

Hi! Yep I'm still loving my Fitbit. It goes everywhere with me :D It's interesting to see how much sleep I get which is not enough and how well I've slept. Maybe give it another go but don't get stressed about it?

PV is Protein + Veg and PP is Pure Protein.

Hope you're having a good day!

Well done on just having 2 pancakes Pog, I didn't even bother as knew I would eat about 10 lol. Hope you have a good day :)

Yea I surprised myself with the pancakes. I just knew that I was pleasantly full and wanted to stop! Maybe the lack of ice cream made it easier for me? :D Hope you have a good day too!

Weighed in at 69.4kg this morning. I haven't been around this weight since last Aug-Sep when I tried Exante! Also my work trousers come down without undoing button when tugged so it's being held up with a belt lol

Last edited:
My whole team at work have decided to give up lifts for lent starting from now. Forfeit penalty is going outside, getting everyone a drink from Costa and walking up the stairs with it. We work on the fifth floor. I'll be leaving home 15mins earlier than normal tomorrow lol

Back