PogMoma's Diary

Thanks Clareel! I'm still nervous about WI and measuring tomorrow. Oh well, what will be will be :p

Best of Luck Pog, I hope everything is going in the right direction for you - I think it will be! X

WI - week 3

70.1kg (+0.5kg)

Body fat: 44.9% (-0.5%)
Muscle mass: 22.2% (+?%)
Chest: 100cm (-)
Left arm: 28cm (-)
Right arm: 29cm (-)
Waist: 84cm (-)
Belly: 105cm (+1)
Hips: 105cm (-)
Left thigh: 58 (-1)
Right thigh: 59 (-1)

Total 1cm loss

Well that's a mix of results. At least my thighs seem to get smaller. The belly I blame on the naughty sausage roll I had last night after gym! Although kgs has gone up since last week, body fat is down, muscle mass is up and I'm not getting bigger in other places so I'm good with that. I haven't been 100% strict this week anyway so I've only got myself to blame. At least I went to the gym twice this week and I'm still doing the stairs. Hopefully that will all help get me fitter and stronger.

I'm happy to say the peanut butter jar is now empty lol I've decided not to buy any for the time being. I have to cut down on the "tolerated" items as well.

I'm so sad, I dug up my old Dukan data and put all the info alongside my current one. Found out my current Dukan week 1 had worse results than my old, week 2 had better results and week 3 worse results. Here's to having a better week for week 4!

While I was having (savouring) my sausage roll last night, I had a weak moment and had a look on the WeightWatchers website. I've tried Slimming World before but never WW. I didn't quite understand how it works tho? It sounded like everything in moderation, nothing is off limits and lots of points counting. Hmm...

It's Friday! Nearly weekend :)

Hi Pog, you should be proud of those results, weigh will fluctuate anyway and you've really upped you're exercise so may just be body retaining water? I bet your thighs will be getting toned by all those stairs!

I'm not sure about WW, I did it before years ago and it was basically a simplified version of calorie counting only you counted points instead. I think it has changed quite a bit now though, maybe have a little look on the WW forum here and see if you can find any more info? If you do decide to go for it I think grou pon has a good offer for the online membership - £15 for 3 months if I remember rightly.

Whatever you decide, be proud of the positive changes that you've made so far and geep up the good work :)
x

Thanks Clareel, I'm ok. Not too depressed :)

Got me thinking, why did it work better last time? It was because I signed up for the Dukan Official Coaching. I had to log my weight and slip ups every single day and if I wasn't good, I'd get told off lol Also they send motivational emails out every day too. I can remember actively taking part in all of this.

Now that I'm doing it alone, it's not as easy. That's probably why I decided to keep a diary so I'll have somewhere to report my ups and downs.

Anyway I'm feeling a lot more positive now. Got to remember this stage isn't forever and the more I stick to the rules, the quicker it will be over!

Forgot to mention, I'll put that WW idea on the back burner for a bit and see Dukan through. I don't want to keep jumping from one diet to another. I know Dukan works!

At least you have plenty of options - Dukan sounds like i works really well but I guess it's just a bit more restrictive than some other things. As you say though it won't be forever! Hope you're having a good day :)

X

Forgot to mention, I'll put that WW idea on the back burner for a bit and see Dukan through. I don't want to keep jumping from one diet to another. I know Dukan works!

I've done so many different diets, but Dukan is the only one that's actually worked for me. Good luck, looking forward to hearing further updates! :)

Pog, how have I only just found you diary?! I love your stories about pog baby and roller skating, wow.. I'd have done exactly the same in your situation at the birthday party - I've got a christening on Sunday and wire for my jaw is looking like the best accessory for my lilac dress right now! Well done on the cm loss and please stick around because I want to read more about your escapades! :)

I've done so many different diets, but Dukan is the only one that's actually worked for me. Good luck, looking forward to hearing further updates! :)

Thanks Ceridwen, good luck to you too! :)

Pog, how have I only just found you diary?! I love your stories about pog baby and roller skating, wow.. I'd have done exactly the same in your situation at the birthday party - I've got a christening on Sunday and wire for my jaw is looking like the best accessory for my lilac dress right now! Well done on the cm loss and please stick around because I want to read more about your escapades! :)

Hehe thanks Lorlypop, my dairy was somewhere else but I had it moved here today. What do you plan to do on Sunday? Fill up beforehand and not eat there or take a break from the diet? I'm determined to stick around as I love reading other people's diaries for motivation and inspiration and I think I need to check in to keep (at least kind of) on track!

I live in Central London (zone 1) with no proper butchers or fishmongers nearby. Just lots and lots of Tesco Express' and Tesco Metro type shops. One bigger Sainsbury's is about 15min walk away. That's about it. So I turn to the internet for a lot of things. This includes MEAT. There's this site I ordered steak from before and they come delivered in insulated boxes and the meat quality was really good. I've just put in a big order for steaks and other types of meat to be delivered in two weeks time.

Now "Operation Freezer Clearout" has begun.

I decided to have tonight some frozen button brussel sprouts. I have no idea how long they've been in there for but the Best Before Date said May 2014 so thought surely it must still be ok? The bag had been opened tho and some of the sprouts felt dry to touch which was odd given they're supposed to feel frozen cold and solid but I microwaved a few. Tried one and ew... not very nice. Thought maybe I have to bin the rest.

Then an idea occurred to me. Pog Baby! We're still trying to figure out what human food she likes. So far we know she loves chicken, beef steak and likes cucumbers but doesn't like carrots. We're allowed to feed them brussel sprouts, lets give her some!

She loved it! She's such a good baby, my OH won't touch them with a barge pole lol So for the time being the sprouts are here to stay unless I need the freezer space.

Birds Eye veg pouches are nice tho, very handy too. Packed in individual portion size bags, pop into microwave and it's ready to eat. Will be buying some more of them in the future.

Got to get OH to finish that tub of ice cream over the weekend :D

Is Pog baby the little hedgehog in your profile pic? So cute!

I love brussel sprouts, but don't think I've tried frozen ones before (and don't think I will after the review above :) )

What site did you use to order your meat, does it work out cheaper than supermarkets as you're buying in bulk?

Thanks :) Yes Baby Pog is the one in my profile pic. She's such a little monkey!

To be fair the frozen brussel sprouts were fine when I first opened them but they've been in the freezer for a good few months so it's really my fault for not sealing the bag and eating them quickly enough.

The meat website is Westin Gourmet and they have some good deals on which work out to be cheaper than some supermarket stuff. But mostly I can't seem to find the meat I want in supermarkets all the time so it's nice that I can pick and choose what I want. Also they're not in the supermarket "let's get the prices down as low as possible, nevermind the quality" race and it's in their best interest to provide good quality meat so I like them.

If you're thinking of ordering from them, use this link and I get extra points for referring friends :D Somebody Loves You... Click here to grab your Free Chicken

I should have had my official WI today. Scales showed 69.5kg this morning which is 0.6kg down from yesterday and 0.1kg down from last Friday. It just goes to show that if I stick to the rules, the weight will go down. I feel a lot lighter than yesterday as well, tummy feels smaller.

Need to fit in oatbran at some point and dinner will be steak (and chips for OH).

Today's plan is to study and go to the cinema in the evening to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel. Trailer looked like it was going to be funny :) No popcorn, nachos or sweets!

Hi Pog

How you doing today? How was the movie?

Agree with others - Pog baby is adorable! How old/young is she?

I love experimenting with my putty as well to see what human food they like ... one doesn't touch dairy at all but loves to lick the curry out from an indian takeaway box (doesnt matter how spicy!), one loves my baked salmon and one cannot get enough sausages!

Sorry about the poor loss last week (altho the unofficial WI seems to have fixed that!). On to 100% on plan and a bigger loss this week!

Hoe you had a lovely weekend xx

Well done on the weight loss pog! How cute is pog baby eating sprouts hehe! Hope you've had a good weekend :)

Hi Pog

How you doing today? How was the movie?

Agree with others - Pog baby is adorable! How old/young is she?

I love experimenting with my putty as well to see what human food they like ... one doesn't touch dairy at all but loves to lick the curry out from an indian takeaway box (doesnt matter how spicy!), one loves my baked salmon and one cannot get enough sausages!

Sorry about the poor loss last week (altho the unofficial WI seems to have fixed that!). On to 100% on plan and a bigger loss this week!

Hoe you had a lovely weekend xx

Today was good. The film was funny in a quirky way. We enjoyed it :)

lol to the one that likes Indian takeaways! My dog used to love onions. If someone was chopping them she'd go nuts and beg for some. The only thing that she wouldn't eat was mushrooms haha.

Pog Baby is just over 5 months old and we've had her for just over 3 months now :)

Yep! 100% on plan! It's going to be a challenge cos I have dinner planned for Wed, Thu, Fri :eek:

Well done on the weight loss pog! How cute is pog baby eating sprouts hehe! Hope you've had a good weekend :)

Hehe thanks :) Weekend was good. Gonna pop over to your diary in a min!

Today was good. The film was funny in a quirky way. We enjoyed it :)

lol to the one that likes Indian takeaways! My dog used to love onions. If someone was chopping them she'd go nuts and beg for some. The only thing that she wouldn't eat was mushrooms haha.

Pog Baby is just over 5 months old and we've had her for just over 3 months now :)

Yep! 100% on plan! It's going to be a challenge cos I have dinner planned for Wed, Thu, Fri :eek:

Onions? Seriously? That's hilarious!

My big fella decided he wanted to try sausages last night. Took one bite and then kept swiping at the other two and wouldnt share! Random!

Pick the steak and grilled veggies! Or the chicken or the salmon :p

Back