PogMoma's Diary

I'm just catching up quickly.... gosh you had an eventful trip! You all healed now?

And agree with Mandy - PogBaby is sooooo cute! And he is posing for the pic! :heartpump:

Oh Pogmoma sounds like a bad dream trying to locate each other! Pogbaby is adorable. Bet your glad to be home. Think carb cycling sounds ideal just need to get to grips with it myself. Enjoy your reunion with your baby. x

Omg is pogbaby a hedgehog? Wantwantwant

Welcome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had those problems. I thought it might have been a coincidence or I was imagining it. How long have you been carb cycling? Have you had tests recently to see if your thyriod levels have changed? I'll go find your diary, I remember seeing it when I first tried Atkins AGES ago and you were just starting your diary :)

I have aves only been carb cycling for around a week and half now but it actually just fluctuates my weight as much as just low carb did anyway so one part of me is like meh but the other part of me thinks cool "I can eat nice things in moderation, not affect weight loss and I'm probably chucking some food groups in the there that will help my body out"

my thyroid was fine last year after just low carb but I felt beyond dreadful, I'm due some more tests for same reason in a week or so and il update on how it looks now. However I'm not going to know if it's real or not since I've been eating carbs...who knows, I know one thing the doctors never explain your results to you nor do they dig deep and do full panel work apparently they just run general thyroid on most which comes back normal.

sorry to hear about Gibraltar how awful I'd have been panicking big time. Bless you, glad you found each other in the end. Not like losing someone back home.

AWWWW pogbaby! So cute! Hope she's had a nice holiday as well hehe :)

This carb cycling sounds very interesting will be looking forward to seeing how you get on!

I've been having a shake with protein powder, almond milk and usually a frozen banana of a morning and really does fill me up - Almond milk is so low in calories as well it's amazing! Have fun shopping anyway x

Hehe thanks, I was so excited to see Pogbaby I practically ran up the stairs when we got to her sitter's place. She's an African Pygmy Hedgehog and they're bred to be kept indoors as pets. She's super cute :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398607090.543975.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398607117.292304.jpg

I think we've recovered from the holiday now but my face is peeling loads! I'm so glad we came back yesterday so we have today to sort stuff out and get ready for work tomorrow. It's gonna be manic next week at work - busiest time of the month for me. Better check my emails today at some point to get a head start.

I've done measurements so will post in a min. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday :) x

AWWWW look at her with her little hedgehog toy that is adorable! Those pics have really cheered me up sat here in the library lol, thanks PogMoma and PogBaby hehe.

Bless you with your face peeling :( Have you got anything to put on it? I think Honey is supposed to be good but would be a bit sticky obviously!

Hmm busy at work is that good or bad? Good as in you won't be bored and days will go quick but bad as in it's a bit stressful! Hope you're having a good Sunday too :)

X

WI - Post holiday

69.1kg (+1)

Body fat: 44.9% (+0.4%)
Muscle mass: 21.8% (-%)
Chest: 99cm (-)
Left arm: 28cm (-)
Right arm: 28cm (-)
Waist: 83cm (+1)
Belly: 103cm (-)
Hips: 104cm (-)
Left thigh: 59cm (+1)
Right thigh: 59cm (-)
Left calf: 38cm (-)
Right calf: 38cm (-)

Total 2cm gain (total 19cm so far)

Post holiday WI shows 1kg and 2cm gain. Not bad especially since I had pizza mid afternoon, cheese burger and apple pie for dinner yesterday.

I'm going to change my WI day to Saturday from next week as I'm planning to do low carb - Mon/Wed/Fri, high carb - Tue/Thu/one of the weekend days and the other weekend day a free day.

Today's food

B/L: left over chicken biriyani from the freezer
D: Steak and steamed veg
Snacks: Mikado, Actimel drink

Hmm... MFP says that only comes to 892cals and I think that's too low but I don't feel like eating for the sake of it. I'll see how I feel, if I feel like eating more. Maybe I'll add a couple of poached eggs for dinner. That still only comes to 1,032cals. I did get up really late today so maybe that's ok.

I'm going to cook up a few days worth of food to take into work. Tofu & courgette stir fry, beef mince & tin tomato something. Protein shakes made with frozen fruit and soy milk for breakfast next week!

Only 1kg on whilst on holiday that is brilliant! have fun cooking :)

Tooo cute love little pogbaby. I used to be very low on calories too when doing low carb. Your right not to eat for sake of this though. Just go with how you feel and beware if your feeling really tired cause you'll need to eat more. x

AWWWW look at her with her little hedgehog toy that is adorable! Those pics have really cheered me up sat here in the library lol, thanks PogMoma and PogBaby hehe.

Bless you with your face peeling :( Have you got anything to put on it? I think Honey is supposed to be good but would be a bit sticky obviously!

Hmm busy at work is that good or bad? Good as in you won't be bored and days will go quick but bad as in it's a bit stressful! Hope you're having a good Sunday too :)

X

Hehe glad to have helped :)

I'm not too worried about the peeling. It doesn't hurt, just looks a bit urm manky? lol I have some exfoliating stuff so I'll try and that then moisturise the hell out of my face before going to bed tonight and hope for the best :D

Busy at work is always good but it might be a bit stressful as they changed the main system we use and it went live just this Friday gone. It's gonna be mayhem!

I have aves only been carb cycling for around a week and half now but it actually just fluctuates my weight as much as just low carb did anyway so one part of me is like meh but the other part of me thinks cool "I can eat nice things in moderation, not affect weight loss and I'm probably chucking some food groups in the there that will help my body out"

my thyroid was fine last year after just low carb but I felt beyond dreadful, I'm due some more tests for same reason in a week or so and il update on how it looks now. However I'm not going to know if it's real or not since I've been eating carbs...who knows, I know one thing the doctors never explain your results to you nor do they dig deep and do full panel work apparently they just run general thyroid on most which comes back normal.

sorry to hear about Gibraltar how awful I'd have been panicking big time. Bless you, glad you found each other in the end. Not like losing someone back home.

The carb cycling book doesn't recommend weighing everday anyway cos after high carb days, your weight will go up so it can be depressing. I weigh everyday just out of curiosity but only count the weekly ones so I can see if there is any real progress.

You're right about the 'I can eat nice foods and not affect weight loss', I seriously think cutting out food groups is a big nono.

Hope the results come out ok, I'll look out for them. The things we do to our bodies eh?

Yea exactly, even if I'd had some money with me when I got lost it wouldn't have been that bad but hey ho, I think I'll be using it whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself and I want some sympathy from OH lol

Ha ha good idea pog! X

And omg she is lovely. Xxx

Il keep you posted and I agree weighing daily is not great but I panic and like to make sure it's not going up too much...:( well that what I tell myself anyway. I do just log the weeklies and stay pretty much the same weekly too so who knows.

yes do use that whenever you need, I would :) but I'm evil. Men are suckers for keeping us girls happy.

Gosh yes I think you deserve some mega pampering for his deserting you, leaving you frightened and penniless. I'd milk this one for years!
1k up after holiday is great x

Hehe thanks ladies :)

Food

B: protein shake with almond milk and blueberries
L: tofu & courgette stir fry, M&S coronation chicken
D: mini duck fillets and steamed veg, avocado
S: 1/2 pack M&S beetroot vinaigrette crisps

Which comes to 1,195 according to MFP. Plan is 1,200cal for low days and 1,500cals for high days so I'm happy with that. Just need to stick to it :)

Last edited:
Oh Pog food looks delish! What are these M&S beetroot vinaigrette crisps that you speak of? Sounds right up my street :)

I think they're new, never seen them before. They were next to the kale crisps and apple crisps, slightly smaller than the normal crisps packets. It was a bit too vinegary for me but girl who sits opposite me loved it and finished it for me :) x

Back