PogMoma's Diary

I have scrolled back through your posts but can't see if you posted how much your carb intake is on high and low days.... Are you aiming for a certain number? How did you come up with that?

Woohoo everyone aboard the carb cyling wagon! I first read about it on Vicky's diary and after doing some research myself, it made sense and sounded like I could actually stick to it. Time will tell if it helps me lose weight. What I can say tho, food was really nice yesterday and today. I need to put more effort into cooking stuff.

No gym today. Work is manic as expected, the new systems are supposed to make our lives easier but nothing works! Everything is taking twice or three times longer than it used to so stayed till late to sort stuff out. Grrr... Will try go to the gym tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good evening x

yeah seems like everyone's getting in on it which will be brilliant for us all to see loads of progress from people.
Are you enjoying your pasta? Your menu looks nice :)

dont worry too much about the gym, you will get there.

That update at work sounds very annoying! I hope it is worth it once they iron out the creases so to speak, just frustrating when everything takes twice as long!

Hope you have another good day carb cycling!

X

Loving the pasta! I don't mind that I'm not "allowed" it a few times a week, at least I can have it on high carb days!

I bought three books on carb cycling including the one coffeelover has mentioned. I've read a lot on Chris Powell's website too. He doesn't give specific carb allowances, more like "this is how your high/low carb meal should look" type guideline based on the size of your hand ie protein - palm, carbs - fist, veg - loads, fat - thumb, flavourings - two fingers. The other two books went on about how to calculate how much you should based on your weight etc and it just went over my head. I don't want to be obssessed with counting carbs all the time so I've decided to go with Chris' approach. Although there is a lot on the website, it's worth reading the book too.

One thing I am watching is total cals per day. 1,200 for low carb days and 1,500 for high carb days as a rough guideline.

I've put everything in MFP so for example Monday was total 1,195cals/49g carbs, Tuesday was 1,519cals/198carbs and today should be 1,181cals/71carbs.

It's all experimental at this stage as it's only my first week. I'll see how it goes for the next couple of weeks and adjust if needed but so far I can see this is totally doable!

Food

B: All Bran breakfast biscuit, protein shake
L: tofu/courgette stir fry, yogurt
D: sausages, veg
S: avocado

Looks great lets see the lbs drop off x

Fingers crossed! x

Morning Pog, hope you have a good day :) Weekend nearly here yay!

X

Morning Pog,

the great thing about carb cycling is the feeling you are not on a diet, it gives some breathing space without wrecking results provided you are sensible it's brilliant. I agree with you that those diet specifics go over your head, I'm the same. I read a load and took a lot in but as for counting, calculating and planning too much I'm off so kind of doing my own diet which is read it all take the advice I like, disregard the rest and add a bit of my own :)

your menu sounds lovely and I can't want to see how the we it drops off on you!

Morning from rainy London!

You're right Lauren, it doesn't feel like you're on a diet and as long as you find something that's works for you that's reasonable, stick to it. Everyone is different so no point in trying to stick to things that don't work, just because they're the rules.

I've been weighing everyday just out of curiosity and today scales showed 68.7kg which is 0.4kg down from Sunday. Official WI is Saturday so let's see...

I did have a few chips from my OH plate and a few squares of Galaxy last night tho.

Food

B: sweet potato, cheese string
L: pasta, homemade Bolognese (I think I have one or two servings left now), Parmesan
D: sausages, sweet potato, veg
S: orange

My meat delivery is supposed to arrive today. I looked up the order I placed and oops, I might have overdone it. There's loads! Hope I have enough space in my freezer lol

Morning right back at ya from rainy shields :( not the most motivating of weather.

hey that's great about the loss so far....it will likely lead to more come official weigh in. I don't even know whats happening but it's happening if that makes sense on this diet?? Lol

your menu sounds gorgeous as usual and as for the galaxy it probably will work in your favour since it was a one off :)

Afternoon Pog, menu looks great again :) I'm interested in this carb cycling I may have to buy a book! I did intermittent fasting for almost a year which I loved at first but struggled towards the end running out of calories etc. I wonder if carb cycling would be more suited to me because you can still eat 3 decent meals on the low carb days. Hmm! Might have to look into it :)

X

Eww Dont like galaxy. I'm much more a cheese girl ;)

Hehe chocolate debate!!! Truth be told, if I had pick one type of chocolate, it would be white chocolate. When it comes to chocolate I can take it or leave it except every now and then, what really gets me is caramel, toffee, fudge, Percy Pigs or Haribos... you get the idea.

My OH is a Cadbury's fan so the fridge is always stocked with loads and loads of choc. Good thing I don't need to have it all the time!

So tomorrow is usually Nandos Friday at work cos it's payday week Friday but a Patty & Bun joint opened recently near Liverpool Street. The guys at work have decided to shake things up a bit and have burgers instead of Nandos this month. Now, if I had to choose between chicken and beef, it would ALWAYS be beef and I'm a sucker for burgers. After thinking about it, I've decided to join in and have a burger tomorrow for lunch.

(Oops, had to go tend to an emergency. We put PogBaby on the bed but OH just said she's not on there. Last time she went missing she got inside our ottoman bed and we had a hard time getting her out. This time she was hiding under the desk. She's an adventurous little thing!)

Anyway, so back to tomorrow's lunch. I know I should count that as a treat day but I don't need to eat anything I want tomorrow, I just want the burger (gawd dammit, and maybe the fries too :D). I'll try and go low carb on the other meals tho. A bit worried Saturday WI won't show good results but hey ho, it's an ongoing thing so no that bothered.

Will update again tomorrow x

Last edited:
Ooo A burger how exciting! Go for it Pog, I'm like you with chicken - it's the healthy option blah blah but can be so boring and dry! Enjoy your burger I say :)

Hehe what is Pogbaby like playing hide and seek! I had a game of it last night with the cat, fun and games these animals!

Hope you have a fab day, enjoy your burger and your weekend!

X

Back