PogMoma's Diary

I so want to like almond milk cos I like the nuts but I think I'll give up. After that last post I went out and popped into H&B, got myself a small carton drink of almond milk, a third and different brand that I haven't tried before and thought nah... :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it Sam!

Soy, oat, rice and coconut milk are all nice but I haven't tried hazelnut. Is it worth trying?

So gym today. I don't think I've been for two weeks so took it easy. Sit down bike was a struggle but maybe it was because I was talking more than usual.

Gym buddy said he was about to board the plane going to Copenhagen when he looked round and saw his gf held up way behind him. Went over to see what it was about and surprise surprise, it was her passport that was the problem. He said she travelled fine to Spain a few weeks ago but apparently they have different rules!

So they came back to his place and she just sat there looking sorry for herself. Then after a while she decided to pack ALL her belongings and storm off only to call him halfway to the tube station to say it was too heavy for her to carry by herself, could he come and help her. He refused and she ended up coming back to his place, plonked herself on the sofa and pouted like a stroppy teenager lol Next day she wouldn't get out of bed so he went out and did his thing, came back home later and she was still in bed and hadn't eaten anything so in the end he had to cook something (she rarely cooks) and feed her! Then they had a serious chat about what they were doing (they fall out every other week) and they don't really want to call it quits cos they do really like each other but can't continue falling out like this all the time so he suggested they do a slow, gradual break up rather than a 'See ya later' and not contact each other again. But the next day came and they went back to normal lol

He's a bit of a child himself so it's quite entertaining for me to watch him deal with a female version of him :D

Anyway they ended up spending around £400 on the non-holiday holiday and when he suggested she pay for half of it, she refused saying she didn't know why she had to pay lol

Till the next drama that unfolds... :p

Back to food. For dinner I decided to try something new. Got chicken breast fillets (I personally don't like them, I prefer bone-in thighs or legs but OH won't eat anything other than chicken breast and especially nothing with bones in), stuffed them with lightest Philadelphia and wholegrain mustard and covered with bacon. Bunged them in the oven and 30mins later GOBBLED them all up! It was sooooo good! OH had chips and I had baked sweet potato and steamed veg. Must try it again!

I was in a hurry to make them cos OH was starving so I forgot to leave some plain chicken to give PogBaby but I remembered to leave some sweet potato so will give that to her later as a treat.

Nomnomnom... :)

Evening Pog, hope you've had a good day :)

Glad my life's not that dramatic!

I like all the milk alternatives except almond and hazelnut...someone told me hazelnut was delish in coffee, and it sounds like it should be good but blurrgghh..

Didn't see you last post there! God what a drama with gym buddy and the GF lol! Chicken sounds good for tea! I don't usually like chicken breasts either and prefer thighs but that sounds really nice :) Hope PogBaby enjoys her sweet potato :)

Glad my life's not that dramatic!

I like all the milk alternatives except almond and hazelnut...someone told me hazelnut was delish in coffee, and it sounds like it should be good but blurrgghh..

I know! Gym buddy is surprised his gf survived this long in her life lol

Ah good, you don't like almond milk either :D Hmm I do have a feeling that hazelnut would be quite similar to almond so maybe I save my money and give it a miss!

Didn't see you last post there! God what a drama with gym buddy and the GF lol! Chicken sounds good for tea! I don't usually like chicken breasts either and prefer thighs but that sounds really nice :) Hope PogBaby enjoys her sweet potato :)

We must have posted nearly at the same time! Try the chicken like that, it's yummy :) PogBaby is now nomming her sweet potato x

Gym buddy and his gf should be a blog. Chicken sound so good and with sweet potatoes yum. Still haven't cracked open the almond milk but remember it being very thin compared to regular milk. So cute that PogBaby loves sweet potatoes and chicken. x

Gym buddy is so entertaining, I wouldn't get any exercise done if I went with him!! I find almond and hazelnut milk too thin, they don't change the colour of coffee and I don't like that. Dinner sounds lush!

Usually I have a catch up with gym buddy on the bikes and then we go off and do our own thing. It makes gym going not so boring ;)

I had soy milk with my buckwheat muesli this morning, so much better.

Food

B: buckwheat muesli, soy milk, banana
L: grill steak, salad
D: leftover chicken/bacon thing from last night, veg
S: kale crisps (if I need it in the afternoon)

Gym again tonight. It's supposed to be tomorrow but gym buddy has drinks planned.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Loving the gym buddy stories:)

Sometimes hearing about other people's relationships, and what they put up with, makes me wonder... why? I'd probably have simply gone on holiday!

I've never tried other milks but I know I hate the special nutty flavours in sole of the Nespresso coffee capsules so that would put me off.

Loving your menus... and Pogbaby

Sometimes hearing about other people's relationships, and what they put up with, makes me wonder... why? I'd probably have simply gone on holiday!

Haha I'm glad you said that as it was my first thought as well!

Morning Pog :)

Morning!

I know! Gym buddy has suffered for over a year now but he just can't break it off. She's got him whipped/hooked/wrapped around her little finger/whatever you call it. He's deleted her phone number so many times too but he just can't stay away. I guess if you're strongly attracted to someone, you have to put up with the stupid stuff that comes with it!

WI says my measurements haven't changed since last Saturday but that's ok. Weight has gone down by 0.4kg.

Food

B: buckwheat muesli, soy milk, EAT matcha latte
L: something from Pilpel (falafel place), probably houmous, pitta bread and something
D: sausage sandwich
S: fruit salad

Yep long weekend :)

Go onto You Tube and search for African Pygmy Hedgehogs and cats or something like that. They tend to get along fine or ignore each other. I think these hedgehogs are ok with any other pet except maybe some ferrets. Not sure if you can get them in Dubai tho! It's illegal to keep them in some US states I understand. I heard about them having different personalities etc before we got ours but didn't "believe" it lol The carers who looked after PogBaby while we were in Spain has two boys - one very shy and very scared of everything (apparently PogBaby chased him around and nearly made him jump out of his skin lol) and the other is really lively and adventurous. He fancied PogBaby but she wasn't having any of it! Love triangle right there :D x

I just read this! I have no idea if hedgehogs will survive here. And the last thing to be worried about is legalities - in Dubai everything goes :p.

My mum would disown me if I even considered adopting another pet though.

I've put everything in MFP so for example Monday was total 1,195cals/49g carbs, Tuesday was 1,519cals/198carbs and today should be 1,181cals/71carbs.

It's all experimental at this stage as it's only my first week. I'll see how it goes for the next couple of weeks and adjust if needed but so far I can see this is totally doable!

WI says my measurements haven't changed since last Saturday but that's ok. Weight has gone down by 0.4kg.

Just saying on my diary that am going to look at carb cycling from next month (but within Dukan rules). I have done a lot of research online (cant read books about this stuff - too boring :eek:).

Going to use you to set up my initial carb intakes, as its obviously working for you - well done on the loss!!

Fab loss pog well done! Mmm falafel :drool:

Thanks Peeps. Lunch was soooo good. It was a lot tho so ended up leaving some. I only managed half of my dinner sandwich as well!

I've had this knot in my neck/shoulder for a bit now and noticed a new Chinese medicine place had opened up on the way home from work. I've been wondering whether to try the place or not for the past couple of weeks and tonight I was so knackered I knew I had to go in. I'm used to acupuncture and deep tissue massages so I know good from bad and this doc was really good. I ended up buying a full course of 10x acupuncture sessions and 10x 30min deep tissue massages. They threw in 3x extra of each and 6 cupping sessions (using glass cups to suction out toxins) for free too. This doc made all sorts of places crack and knew which points to press. Nothing like the feeling of neck bones being aligned! Ahhh it was worth it :)

PogBaby got caught eating OH's leftever chocolate crumbs tonight. They're not allowed dairy cos they're lactose intolerant but when OH tried to pick her up she growled at him lol Ooohhh scary lil thing! :D

Night all x

Pilpel looks great. Don't think there are any up here yet. It's the Chinese place a chain? If so I'll go to my local one.

I'd growl too if someone tried to take my chocolate does PogBaby bite lol. x

Back