PogMoma's Diary

I'm sure PogBaby will be well cared for...just think, SHE gets to go on a vacation too! How exciting for her! :)

Aww bless you I'm sure pogbaby will be just fine but its always hard leaving our pets isn't it!

Have a fab holiday Pog! X

I'm supposed to be weighing and measuring tomorrow morning but I feel the same weight and sizewise. The only upside is that my skin feels smoother and clearer and I think my eyes look a bit brighter too and I've been sleeping much better. Not complaining cos although I've been having at least two juices a day, I have been eating not so well. For instance yesterday lunch was Wagamama, today's lunch was king prawn katsu curry and dinner toast with butter. I've been eating like that since I started on the juices apart from the very first week. So considering that, I'll be happy if I haven't gotten any bigger when I see tomorrow.

We leave late afternoon so I'll have two more juices tomorrow before we leave and that's it. When we come back I'll be on 100% juices for at least one week. I'll see how that goes and maybe do another week and start introducing food after that. I need to lose weight and shrink in time for OH's mum's wedding. I worked out I have 24 days to make it happen!

OH's sister has been sending loads of pictures of PogBaby tonight which made me happy. However just after she took the last picture she sent me, she told OH that PogBaby bit her really hard so she had to give PogBaby her snuggle pouch and have her on her lap. Oopsie. Tetchy PogBaby "Stop with the picture taking and leave me alone gawd dammit!" lol She seems ok tho :)

Will update tomorrow after WI x

Definitely a great result if your feeling and looking good and food sound good and healthy to me.

Aww PogBaby is giving her a message or maybe a love bite?

I have a wedding the end of August and need to get my butt in gear too but after watching my OH clean the juicer the other day think I would do shakes lol.

Have a wonderful time X

Thanks Val :) I like to think PogBaby bit cos she misses us :D

I can't believe I've been juicing for a month every day now. I started on June 10th!

So results of WI;

I've lost 1.7kg (just under 4lbs) and 2cm from all over. Not bad since I was so convinced I felt bigger. More surprisingly my body fat % has gone down and muscle % has gone up.

No exercise apart from the usual walking everywhere thing I do.

I've had 2-4 juices everyday. The days where I only had 2 juices would be when I knew I was eating out for lunch or dinner. I wasn't exactly careful when eating out but one thing, I did stop eating when I was full. I wasn't following any plan and I was eating quite a bit of pasta and bread which I shouldn't really. Come to think of it, I haven't had any red meat in the past month, just the odd chicken bits in food or seafood.

I'm quite happy with my little experiment so when we get back I'll get on it properly with juice only first then juice + clean eating.

What a brilliant result Pog, especially as you have been having a little of what nyou fancy as well as juices. I'm sure you will do great when you get back before the wedding.

Most importantly though hope you're having a fab holiday and enjoy every minute! Can't wait to hear all about it when you're back :)

Brilliant results. Xxx

Hello from Greenland! Quick update whilst I have access to the internet... We're having an amazing time and I absolutely love it here. There's been lots of walking, hiking and sleeping lol I think our bodies are confused because it's light outside even at midnight. It's 11pm here and it looks like 7pm or something early. After nearly a week of meat, fish, potatoes and bread I'm seriously craving fresh fruit. I had a banana today and it was soooo good! Although the food here is really nice (we've tried whale, reindeer, seal, musk ox - all very tasty), I can't wait to get back to juicing. I feel like I need to cleanse my system. We fly back to the UK on Sunday so I'm planning to weigh in on Monday to see what 10 days of holiday has done and start juicing again. I'll catch up on everyone's diaries when I have wifi on my phone (I'm on a communal PC right now) x

Wow Pog! Sounds like you're having a great time, how exciting to try all those foods but I see what you mean about craving fresh stuff! Enjoy the rest of your holiday! X

I'm back online (properly)!

Holiday was really good, it feels a bit surreal now. If anyone has the chance, I'd definitely recommend it. People at work were asking how come I managed to get a tan lol Although the temperature was quite low, the sun was very strong and in a few days in our faces started peeling lol

Yesterday went to do a shop and got loads of fruit and veg required for today and tomorrow. Got Tesco delivery tomorrow night for the bulk of this week's juices. So good to be back on them! I've brought in sweets from Greenland into work and they're sat next to me but I really don't feel like having any of them. Apparently they're very nice and people keep coming back for more :D

So WI this morning.

I'm at 70kg which is 0.6kg up from before we went but I've somehow managed to gain 2cm each on my belly and hips and a random 1cm on my left thigh lol Body fat up and muscle down so not good. I blame the massive McDonalds meal I had yesterday!

I've had two juices so far and two more sitting in the fridge. Feeling good :)

OH is going to pick up PogBaby tonight. I've missed her so much! Apparently she didn't stop being grumpy so I do wonder what she'll be like when she comes home. I'll let her off even if she bites :D

That's no exercise. Glad you had a fab time and welcome back. X

Welcome back Pog :) sounds like you had a fab time and your head is in the right place to get stuck back in to the juicing! Hope everything is going well and pogbaby forgives you soon hehe!

X

Thanks guys :) PogBaby was unbelieveably grumpy when OH dropped her off home. We couldn't even get near her without her huffing and spiking up. I was quite upset but at the same time so happy to have her back. We fed her some meal worms and put her to bed. Next morning I opened her shoebox (where she sleeps) gently to see what mood she was in. Very reluctant huffing going on but nothing major. Before we went away I was giving her three wax worms in the morning whilst stroking and talking to her. Lots of progress was made and I was worried that might have gone back to square one after hols but maybe she remembered the routine, she let me stroke her, had her wax worms and she's been friendly ever since :D:D:D Maybe she was stressed out or home sick or something like that and hopefully she's grateful she's back and she'll be nice to us :D

PogBaby asleep in OH's hand.

1406148600602[1].jpg

OH took so many pics on hol and we haven't begun to go through them yet but here are a few.

Around midnight sailing through the icebergs. Look at the reflection on the water;

100_1087.jpg

Amazing views;

100_1126.jpg

Houses built on rocks;

100_1289.jpg

Ferry we travelled on for three nights;

100_1285.jpg

Pretty town we want to go back to;

100_1391.jpg
100_1411.jpg

Bye bye Greenland;

100_1444.jpg

Sorry about the massive post. Hope you enjoyed x

Attachments

• 1406148600973[1].jpg
    1406148600973[1].jpg
    20 KB · Views: 33
I'm sure I've mentioned the acupunture and massage place I've been going to for the last month or so but I can't remember if I posted about the treatments so to recap - a new Chinese treatment place opened a few months ago and it's on the way home from work. I went in one day thinking I'll try the massages cos I tend to get stiff neck, back and shoulders. I came out buying a package of 10 x 30min acupunctures + 10 x 30min massages and they threw in 3 x of each extra + 6 cupping sessions (Google - Chinese glass cupping therapy).

Anyway the owner of the place is a middle aged Chinese lady and she's one of the doctors there. She's taken a liking to me and thinks I'm her adopted daughter. After a couple of time going there she started talking about "fixing me then making me slim". For those of you who don't know me that well, I'm Oriental and Orientals have this thing about being brutally honest with weight gain. The lady doctor obviously thought nothing of it and I understand the culture thing (I get it everytime I go to Korea) so I wasn't offended, in fact it's quite funny. "making me slim" turned into "making me slim and beautiful" and yesterday she actually called me "fat" lol Bearing in mind her English isn't that good, she comes across quite blunt with her broken English and mixed in Chinese words and phrases here and there. She's found out I understand a bit of Chinese so whenever she can she tries to speak to me in Chinese lol

So yesterday after my last session she asked me when I was coming next, tomorrow? I told her that was my last session and she said she knows but she needs to make me slim. Out of curiosity I asked what was involved. She said acupuncture + massage + herbal stuff + food she makes herself. I tried Chinese medicine weight loss before when I was in Korea and lost around 8kgs in a month but I was starving most the time. No sugar, no processed food rules etc. Then when I moved to the UK and gained weight for the first time, the proper yo-yo dieting began reaching my heaviest weight twice now.

Back to the present, so when the lady doctor suggested this I was intrigued but didn't want to spend a fortune on it. Long story short I managed to haggle and get a 20% discount on it :D Weigh in, measure and the first lot of acu + herbal drinks started today and she reckons by tomorrow evening I'd have lost around 2kgs. Something about the acu she does that drains the toxins out or something. We'll see. It was quite late today so she didn't have time to make me food but for tomorrow I am to only eat fruit and veg. No meat, bread, rice etc. That made me think.. Hang on... that fits in perfectly with my juicing which means I'm on the right track juicing and it seems to go hand in hand with the weird Chinese thing I've been roped into lol She gave me some powder I'm supposed to make and drink first thing in the morning on empty stomach and this other liquid thing she told me to drink throughout the day diluted in warm water. All natural herbs apparently. Then tomorrow she will make me food for the next day and I should eat whatever she tells me to. Acu will be fore 10 days and I'm supposed to go see her Mon - Fri. It's a full time thing!

I'll just go along with this for now. She claims she can get me to lose 10kgs in one month and she's so confident she told me to pay half now and if it doesn't work she'll give it back to me but if it works I pay the rest. Not bad deal I think.

She's so funny, she said she'll make me slim everywhere but I need to keep the boobs so if I start losing my boobs I should tell her so she can adjust the stuff she gives me lol

Anyway here goes nothing!

Part 1 of 2 root canal this morning. Numbed up to my eyeballs cos it's a front tooth that's infected. Juice no 1 is going down very slowly as I'm worried the juice will dribble everywhere even tho I'm using a straw lol

Doctor lady said I wouldn't be able to sleep last night cos my body will be working on flushing toxins out but I don't have to worry as I'll feel energised today. She wasn't joking. I couldn't fall asleep until way after 2am and even then my arms and legs felt so heavy it was a bit uncomfortable. I also woke up a few times cos I was so thirsty. However this morning I feel fine, not tired at all. If anything I'm a bit traumatised from the dentist!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Wow so much to catch up on!

Firstly - the pics - OMG how stunningly beautiful - especially that first pic hun, so beautiful!

2nd - the Chinese treatment - sounds interesting and completely worth a go, plus you got such a good deal, and as you say it fits perfectly with what you're already doing - so good luck hun, will have all fingers and toes crossed for you :)

3rd - oh golly glad part 1 of the teeth is over and soon part 2 will be over, and all sorted! :)

Funny what you say about Asian people being brutal about fat - the person I stayed with in Italy is a lady I met online on an Italian ex pat forum, we hit it off and became good friends over the phone but had never met - so a 6 day stay was always going to have potential risks - but I'm pretty easy going and thought we'd be fine. Welllll it turns out she is a complete fattist - has real issues with fat people - and one night after way too much to drink (she was trolleyed) she was so unbelievably cruel I wanted to pack up and leave right there and then - if we'd been in a town or city, I would have. I even had bruises on my boobs from where she grabbed them and screamed "Look at this fat, just look at it!" etc. The next day she said she didn't remember anything - but it's there lurking like a dark nasty beast. I'll stay friends with her but won't ever stay with her again.

Back