PogMoma's Diary

Thanks Susie :) Pics look good don't they? Got loads more but didn't want to bore everyone to death with them!

OMG she did WHAT NOW??? Asians are just blunt and painfully honest about weight gain ie you've gained weight, you need to lose weight, you should eat less otherwise you'll gain weight etc but your friend... proper fattist... never met or heard anything like that! I'd keep a distance from her too! How nasty! And she didn't remember! That's the scary bit, the subconscious mind... if you want to see someone's true colours get them drunk??? You've got a good heart to even consider staying friends with her x

Omg Suze that's absolutely awful! Xxxx

That's the scary bit, the subconscious mind... if you want to see someone's true colours get them drunk??? You've got a good heart to even consider staying friends with her x

I'm not that good as it turns out - had a real heart to heart with a mate and came to the conclusion that she doesn't deserve me in her life. So I emailed, reminding her of the things she said - and at first it was disbelief, "I'd never say that", followed quickly by "You're exaggerating" to the dessert of "You made it up" - so, goodbye Italian person. No one - but no one - speaks to me like that to my face ever again - at least, not by choice :)

I'm Ok, a bit sad, but other things came out of the holiday that mean I am a happy contented girl. More some other time - because I'm rambling on your thread, love!

How are things with you? More pics please hun, or else i'll start posting endless pics of my Orbit cat :D xxxxx

Good riddance I say!

Feel free to post pics of Orbit, would love to see some :)

This isn't my baby but it makes me laugh so much every time I see it. Pogs poo while they run in their wheels and it looks like this one had a proper poo party! So cute lol

Attachments

• 1406671029444.jpg
    1406671029444.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 35
Ha ha poopog. Why do they poo in their wheels x
And Suze I totally agree. Good riddance x

Morning Pog

That is such a cute pic of that little poopog :D

We've been talking about them at work and we wondered what happens when they get bigger, do you release them into the wild? Or are these special pogbabies that stay the same size?

Pog poo- so funny, how do you clean that off. They look so full of character. x

Susie so glad you decided to rid yourself of the psychic pollution 'friend' Your right she doesn't deserve you in her life. x

There are mainly two types that people know about in the UK (there are more but I won't get into that!)

British Hedgehogs aka garden hedgehogs, are wild and it's illegal to keep as pets. However if you happen to see any that looked injured or any wandering around in the winter, you can take them in, call the rescue people and possibly care for them before releasing into the wild. They are much bigger than the ones you keep as pets.

bh1.jpgbh2.jpg

African Pygmy Hedgehogs are specially bred to be kept as pets and will die if released into the wild. Depending on each pog, when they are fully grown they can weigh anything around 300g - 600g but my baby is on the smaller side. It's been a while since I weighed her but I think she might not even be 300g. British Hedgehogs need to be minimum 500g to be able to survive in the wild and hibernate in the winter. African Pygmy Hedgehogs also come in many, many different colours as well.

aph1.jpgaph2.jpgaph3.jpg

There's a theory that hedgehogs would run and poo to divert preditors away from their homes or something to do with leaving a trail for something. But because our pogs only run in wheels, they get poopy feet! I know some pogs can be litter trained but unfortunately my little one never got the hang of it. I've heard some run in the wheel and when they need to poo they stop, hang their bottoms out of the wheel and poo lol

They're such funny little creatures :) x

The quills themselves are sharp but not deadly. If a pog is relaxed, it lays its quills down so you can stroke it but if it feels threatened or angry, they spike up in which case it looks like a sea urchin and it's quite prickly to touch.

aph4.jpg

It's been just over a week since the nutty doctor lady has put me on her weight loss plan. My tummy and waist have definitely shrunk and I can see I've lost weight in my face a bit too.

However today I woke up very down and didn't even feel like talking to anyone. Apparently my team were talking amongst themselves wondering if I was OK and one of them said I looked sad. Anyhow I ended up eating food outside of the plan. Shouldn't have done that but it made me feel better temporarily.

Back on it tomorrow tho, drawing the line here.

Bonus pics of PogBaby tonight.

"Mummy where are my mealworms?"

1406935113176.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you are feeling better today love x

Sorry to hear your feeling down honey. Hope your better today. What kinds of food is in the plan she gave you? Lol PogBaby is adorable love the pics. x

Thanks ladies, feeling normal and ok today.

I've been weighing everyday since I started this new plan - in the beginning I was 69.1kg and this morning I'm the same as yesterday 66.2kg. Quite surprised since I ate a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have but not going to think it's ok to continue to eat rubbish. It's Day 11 today and I've lost 2.9kg so I'm happy. It's been a long time since I've been able to shift the weight below 68kg.

Doctor lady says I should only eat fruit and veg so I've been doing my juicing and she's been giving me boiled eggs - boiled in herbs, two for lunch each day. She also says cucumber is very good for detoxing so the more I eat, the better. I eat cucumber when I'm feeling peckish. Also she gives me herbal medicine - different ones depending on what she thinks I need. Some are stewed for 3 hours, some for 5 hours. Acupuncture was only for the first 5 days. She says when I lose enough around my muffin top she'll work on my legs.

One medicine made me so windy it was funny! She says that's normal and my body is detoxing. I should let her know when the wind stops so she can give me something different.

Whatever it is seems to be working so I'm going with this for now :) x

Just bought a pair of size 12 work trousers. Very pleased :D

I had solid food other than the prescribed eggs and cucumbers yesterday and today and I feel bloated! Shouldn't have done that!

The doctor lady wanted to see me on Thursday, she's happy with my progress and said I'm allowed to eat tomatoes and small potatoes now if I'm hungry, but not the big ones. When I asked her why not big potatoes she said the bigger ones have more starch in them so they're not good. Interesting. Ok, I'll go with that.

She said a lot of my weight is water retention and toxic weight which is more difficult to lose than diabetic weight. Apparently around 40% of overweight Europeans are like me but most are more like diabetic weight. Whatever that means.

She said she has high hopes for me and when I reach goal she wants to use me in her adverts for weight loss lol Instead she'll give me free massages. She mentioned this before and I thought she was joking but she keeps bringing it up every now and then. Bonkers! She did take pictures of me before I started all of this so it would be interesting to see the final pictures and compare. I insisted on no face pics but I didn't check to make sure she left my face out. Hmm...

I've been weighing every day cos I'm curious and as long as I stick to plan, it goes down. This weekend it's stayed the same cos I ate food that I shouldn't have but surprisingly the weight hasn't gone up. As of this morning I'm 65.5kg so I thought I'd update my stats to show it. Also I've hit my second mini goal of 66kg - about time too!!

When I reach 65kg my BMI will be 25 which is the top end of the normal range :D

Next mini goal is 63kg which will take me into the 9 stone bracket - here I come!

Measurements to happen on August 19th. I'm planning to measure once a month from now on on the 19th. It will be interesting to find out how much I've actually lost. Yesterday I realised my inner thighs no longer rub together. Must be a good sign :D

Well done Pog that's great! She does sound bonkers lol. Weird that eggs & cucumbers made you bloated. I eat tons of cucumber every day.

Thanks Val :) Sorry, I meant the food that I ate over the weekend made me bloated. I ate everything the doctor lady told me not to - meat, carbs and sugar. Eggs and cucumbers are fine. They make my tummy feel flatter :) x

Back