POLL:- do you agree we should pay for missed weeks?

Should you pay for missed weeks?

• Yes

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whats the chip and pin system? the class i used to go to charged you even if you were working, which is why i don't go anymore because i worked shifts, which i always thought was a little unfair. I'm going to rejoin in Novemeber with a different class!

I think it is fair because like it has been said, it is a commitment of the SWC and if you paid for some other type of class you would also pay. 6 weeks holiday is a good number as most full time workers will have an annual leave allowance of something approaching 6 weeks. My mum has to be down as a shift worker as she splits her time between the uk and france as they have a house there so obviously for the time she lives over there she can't attend class but our SWC simply said that she could 'cheat' the sytem. I think that is fair as she isn't shurking the class, just doing something she has done for years. So what I guess I'm saying is that in certain situations then I think a 'loose' commitment like my mum's is fair providing both parties are aware of it from the beginning. But the payment is there to a) let the SWC know where she stands but more importantly b) to keep the member thinking about the class and keep attending. We all join SW with the intention of losing weight and a great way of doing that is to go to the class each week. If you feel like you just can't be bothered or can't face the scales it is still important for your weight loss journey for the next week to keep attending even if the news isn't great - so having that financial commitment may spur you on to attend.

So I think it is fine provided that the exceptions can be taken into account, like shift working. My job is changing over xmas as a temporary promotion and I may not be able to make my class so I've already told my SWC. I hope to attend a different one in the week. If you do this then you don't have the forfeit money because you've still obviously got what you've paid for so it's another thing to consider, if the time isn't great for one week then maybe you could attend a different class as a one off?

I do agree it's a pain that we even have to pay at all because it does feel like the kind of thing we should all be able to do on our own and I think that's why we resent paying the money!

Emerald
X

like everyone else has said at the end of the day it is the SWC business
xxxxxxxxx

Ok here is my pennyworth lol

I can see that SW is a business... and of course overall they are making mega bucks... I mean there are so many people that wish to loose weight.

Now when I had my salon.... they were told if they didn't turn up for an appointment they made... they were charged full price as I couldn't fill the space as I was waiting for them and prepared for them... if they rang me within a reasonable time I would charge halfprice as still sometimes you can not get someone to fill their appointment time as depends what treatment it is.

So yes they are there to make money... but I have to say... I do think it is expensive ... now don't bite my head off for saying that... I mean .. if you were all in a local area... what is stopping you all forming your own group?

Yes... I am not with a group... as I don't live in the uk... I have been replying on all you lovely people here for support and have to say it is 100%. Thank you thank you...

I just get a little annoyed that to be healthy... it costs so much lol... healthy food has gone up... gym membership (not that I have one lol) and now people go to clap and get weighed and pay for that. Oh yes there are some better consultants than others and do tasting evenings and all that.... but at the end of the day... you are still paying them to loose weight or not some weeks.

(oh gawd I can see I am going to get shot here lol)

But if you are concerned then why not reply on all us lovely people here for support and join the internet SW to put your weigh in? Just a thought... good luck....Mind you I did look at that as not into clappy clappy and that was really expensive!

*walks off to wall to wait to get shot*

we are getting the chip and pin system in November, you have like a little credit card that keeps all your payment.weight info, so swc has more time with class. But she has expalined that we must let her know in advance because unlike the paper way, it's harder to fiddle...

i think it helps me that you have to pay for missed weeks, because if i didnt i would go sumtimes but if i thought i d gained no way i would go then thats usually the point where i give up all together.

The only thing that annoys me is u phone consultant and never get her and send her a text and she never replies that drives me nuts

Debs x

I think missed weeks should be paid for, otherwise we'd be tempted to skip 'bad' weeks, which can turn into bad months, then all the weight's back on before you know it.
In our group, its also free if you're ill as long as you let her know by text/email beforehand.

I agree with the opinions that if we didn't have to pay for missed weeks then it would be too easy to skip them. It is a business for the consultant and they need to know they have their money coming in just as everyone else does. If they accommodate shift workers so you don't have to pay for missed classes while working then that is great. When I am on a late shift I can go to my consultants early class in a different place so I got no excuse for missing WI!

We had to fill out our forms for the chip and pin thing last week but I don't know when we are getting it.

I can't believe WW is going up to over £6! That is ridiculous. I think if SW hits that high a price I ould have to stop going

i think it helps me that you have to pay for missed weeks, because if i didnt i would go sumtimes but if i thought i d gained no way i would go then thats usually the point where i give up all together.

The only thing that annoys me is u phone consultant and never get her and send her a text and she never replies that drives me nuts

Debs x

that is exactly how i feel. i wouldnt go if i thought i had put on and didnt have to pay. sorry to hear your consultants not there for you. ours is ace and sends me texts through the week to see how i am and little poem texts etc

love
Mindy:D

Back