poo

i get used to 'not' going......i have always been irregular, but if i eat something fatty or rich = i am dashing for the loo!

Beetroot...will try that one.

Beetroot is definetly on the menu for me tonight!

Yowza, I cant imagine not going for 4 days! :eek: SW certainly keeps me, er, regular... :rolleyes: :D My second coffee of the morning usually gets all systems running. If I drink coffee in the afternoon they restart... :rolleyes: Caffeine is definitely the On switch.

I also eat loads and LOADS of superfree and lentils. Lentils fix everything. :cool:

(PS and drink loooaaaads of fluids too)

I'm going to incorporate a little bowel movements section in my food diary.

Aren't figs supposed to be good for the old digestive system?

I'm going to incorporate a little bowel movements section in my food diary.

Aren't figs supposed to be good for the old digestive system?

Yeah figs work really well, but they are hard to get fresh and the dried ones will have syns. You would only need to eat 2 dried ones for effect so maybe they would be worth it. Pears work for me , its a matter of finding what gives the best result for you.

Beetroot tastes of mud = fact!

Really? I dont think it has that much taste when you eat it without vinegar. Think you could wizz it up in a soup and apart from the colour dont think you would taste it. But then again I make spicy soups.

eye6769 said:
Really? I dont think it has that much taste when you eat it without vinegar. Think you could wizz it up in a soup and apart from the colour dont think you would taste it. But then again I make spicy soups.

Yup! I have tried both plain and vinegar ones and don't like either. But I roasted some last week with carrots and stuff and was bearable. Just. :)

Loving this thread!

I'm like EB and some others and go about once every 4 days! Use to be much more regular, and I thought the upping of veg would be lethal, but clearly not!

I'm going with the body holding onto what it wants theory!!

I never liked beetroot until I grew my own, picked it very small, and roasted or boiled it. Lovely!

Warning - do not be alarmed if your wee turns red when eating lots of beetroot!!

Well if this isn't a s**t conversation :p

Anyway... just popped (or should that be, pooped?) in to say...tomorrow's Friday. I will have a date with the toilet haha

I find that if I'm really constipated, vodka works wonders, and is enjoyable too heh heh

vickidyers said:
So pleased this poo thread generated some thought provoking comments and suggestions. I'm now armed with many ideas and am not overly worried now as other seem very similar

I may start a poo diary....! or possibly just add it to my food diary. I have been once this week on Tuesday.

:hitthefan:

Hehe poo diary!

Leapfrog said:
I think you need to find what "works" for you. For me it is any kind of "exotic" mushroom (ie not button mushrooms), beetroot, walnuts, dried apricots & red wine, to name but a few. For my MIL it's kiwi fruit.

As for beetroot - it is lovely raw in a salad

Does it work if it's pickled? X

Back