• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pop, Soda, Fizzy Drinks......

just go steady as the citric acid in these drinks can knock you out of ketosis xx

Jools

Gold Member
S: 16st8.0lb C: 16st8.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 42.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I limit myself to one glass of pepsi max a night when the kids have gone to bed and its me time!

xx

ChubbyMonkey

S: 18st10lb C: 15st9lb G: 13st8lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 3st1lb(16.41%)
I only bought x2 small bottles of it, so I might leave them for a while then if it can harm ketosis in anyway. I'm sure it said within the Atkins book you could have diet sodas.

Jools

Gold Member
S: 16st8.0lb C: 16st8.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 42.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
yes you can hun, why not try to go cold turkey this week then have small amounts next week and see if it stalls you? Like I say I drink black coffee / water all day then save 1 glass for my treat at night.

xx

NekoZombie

S: 19st6.9lb C: 17st13.3lb G: 12st8.4lb BMI: 35 Loss: 1st7.6lb(7.91%)
To be honest a can of diet coke a day makes the diet much easier for me. I know citric acid affects some people, but I don't think it has made a difference to past losses when I was on LL.

I would only say (like the others) go easy - one 330 ml can a day is probably enough!

I've never had problems with weight while I drank diet coke it helped me a lot and also green tea with different flavours.Right now I switched to water at least for a while...I've done this before for 1-2 months...Sometimes it's good to break a habit at least for a while.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 0
Slim And Save 2
Syn Values 6
Slimming World Off Topic 26
Slim And Save 5