Poppet's Next Attempt!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by Poppet12, 20 October 2016 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Torn_Tranquility

Torn_Tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(21.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    We have both episodes of Silent Witness to watch this evening as well, very exciting!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. littlemissnaughty

littlemissnaughty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Hi Lovely,

Just had a quick look through your food diary.

Well done on your 3lb weight loss this week :)

You're doing fab and have given me some good meal ideas. I'm starting to keep a note of all the good meal ideas that I find, otherwise i will forget them as I have a memory like a sieve!

It's great that you've got you OH onboard. My hubby always supports me and the kids are always really good, not eating too much chocolate in front of me, lol! Like you though I make sure hubby has a few extras and bigger portions. I find it is so much easier with hubbys support. I know people who don't get support from home and I always feel sorry for them as it must be so hard to sit there eating a lettuce leaf when they are tucking into a takeaway!

Looking forward to getting more ideas and tips from you and also supporting you on your journey.

4. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Hope you enjoyed Silent Witness T_T! I thought it was a good one- felt a bit more old school than last weeks, with the watermelon bit.
    Thanks for popping in @littlemissnaughty and for the words of encouragement!
    I know what you mean- I have a folder that all my fav SW recipes go into or I lose them! I'm having curry from the fakeaways book for tea tonight- it's been slow cooking and tormenting me all day haha.
    OH is generally ok but does sabotage sometimes! Asking if I want sweets and suggesting ridiculous meals for tea- I mean, I know I've mentioned this pie a few times now but c'mon!
    Today's food is back to EE:
    B: Bran flakes with a sliced banana (surprisingly nice!)
    L: Apple, noodles (not ideal for speed but I was rushing)
    T: Slow cooked beef curry. We call it Afghan curry as OH reckons it tastes like the curry he had over there, but I think it is actually down as a Jalfrezi in the book.

For anyone that wants the recipe, start with two onions and add meat or veg of your choice. Then the spice blend is: 1tbsp curry powder, 1/2tbsp garam masala, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp cinnamon and a bit of garlic/salt/pepper/chilli to your taste.

I put a chopped yellow pepper in mine for extra speed, and I'll have it with a small portion of rice.
    I doubt there'll be leftovers from this so I must try harder with lunch tomorrow and refocus on speed!

5. Trefoil

Trefoil Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.87%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done that is fabulous!!! Just trying to catch up with everything! Food sounds lovely too!!

Ruth
    X

6. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Thanks Ruth! Good to hear from you, it sounds like you're super busy at the moment x

7. littlemissnaughty

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Hi Poppet,
    I've never used cinnamon in curry before but love it so may have to give it a go.
    Hope you're doing well today :)

8. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Me neither! I just decided to follow the recipe to the letter and it really works- I didn't put any chilli at all in mine yesterday as I didn't fancy spice, but the flavours are so good.
    Not a bad day today thank you, I have been avoiding work which has resulted in resealing my bath lol. Going to finish it off then get some lunch I think.
    At the in-laws for tea so not sure what it'll be!

Trefoil and littlemissnaughty like this.
  9. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Whoops! I seem to have been AWOL! It's been a super busy weekend and I haven't been the best! Breakfasts and lunches have been fine pretty much, but tea has been another matter entirely.
    We went over to in-laws on Thursday to help them move some bits about ready for their new kitchen and they bought us pizza hut..
    Then on Friday we were late home and had fish & chips..
    On Saturday I forgot I'd made plans with friends from Uni and we went out for tapas..
    And then last night, I was all set for making SW tikka and rice, but somehow made it into a kebab with a naan bread instead..!! :eek:
    So as you can imagine, I was somewhat dreading getting on the scales this morning, but my efforts earlier in the week must have been good enough as I still lost half a lb.
    Will try harder this week! I'm going out for tea on Thursday but I will study the menu beforehand and make a good choice.
    Hope everyone is well! X

Trefoil likes this.
  10. littlemissnaughty

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Hi Poppet,
    I wondered where you'd been as not seen you for a few days.
    Woops, never mind we all have bad food days, especially when we're busy. I'm sure you'll get back on it, just draw a line under the last few days and start again.

Trefoil likes this.
  11. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I will thank you littlemiss!
    It's been a very hectic but mostly exciting time, I just need to get back to normal SW eating now.
    I skipped breakfast this morning as had to take one of our bunnies to the vets. She's quite poorly and I've been researching all morning the best way to help her. It doesn't look too good but I will do my best to nurse her.
    I am now pretty hungry so think I'll get some toast and fruit and yoghurt for lunch, and make spag bol for tea. Bought OH some slices of garlic bread so I don't have to cook a full baguette.
    Might have a hot chocolate tonight but I'll see how I feel. If not today will be pretty much syn free- certainly won't do me any harm after the weekend I've had!

Trefoil and littlemissnaughty like this.
  12. littlemissnaughty

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Ah your poor rabbit, I hope you can nurse her better or atleast keep her in comfort.

I don't blame you buying garlic bread slices, it will help remove any temptation :)

I think we're having turkey pie for dinner tonight, so will have to syn the gravy and the pastry but that'll hopefully be my only syns as well.

Trefoil likes this.
  13. Trefoil

Trefoil Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.87%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well even though it's been a bit naughty it all sounds very nice :) well done on the 1/2lb down!!!
    You are fab :)

Ruth
    X

14. freakydarkstuff

freakydarkstuff Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Popping in to subscribe... Don't know if you remember me! It's been a while!!

15. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Thanks Ruth, I am back on form now :) I enjoyed it at the time but dreaded weigh in! Was a pleasant surprise to have lost anyway!
    I certainly do remember you Lisa! How are you?! Nice to see you back! How's Reece? I'll pop over to see your new diary! x

16. freakydarkstuff

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm surprised I managed to find you again!

Reece is well- 4 years old now! Time has flown.

How's married life?

17. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I know! After my sneaky name change too ;-)
    Wowee 4 years old! That's crazy, it doesn't feel like all that long ago but I think he'd only just turned 2 last time we spoke?!
    Oh it's lovely thank you :) been a bit of a bumpy couple of years job-wise for OH but he started a new one in August that he actually likes and everything's settling down. I'm coming towards the end of my studies and ready to get out in the big wide world!
    How are you/OH/life?! X

18. freakydarkstuff

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear hubby had a bad time with work- it can really get them down :( Hopefully it's smooth sailing on the job front now.

Reece would've been 2 the last time we spoke! I meant to stay on the diet train when I was preggers with Riley but food was too tempting haha.
    I'm still at my rubbish job- in my last month of maternity leave :(
    Still married so we haven't killed our husbands yet!!!

How are the bunnies?

19. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Fingers crossed! He's v happy where he is now so hopefully will stay a while!
    I think you're allowed to be off when pregnant :) it must be hard enough without having to obsess about food!
    Aw that's a shame :-( maybe once everything's settled with the kids you might be able to start looking for something else?
    Bunnies are ever increasing lol. I've got one at home that I'm looking after at the moment as she's poorly- hopefully turning a corner but it's been tough going with her. Our lot are all good though thank you!
    I've been rubbish this week, sorry! Yesterday was on plan til we went out for tea- I embraced the value menu and had three yummy courses of terrible food including garlic mushrooms, homity pie and ice cream for pud. Whoops!
    Will try harder to turn it round this weekend and might be in with a chance of maintaining on Monday. Not really sure where I'm going wrong- usually can pinpoint it to disorganisation or no fresh food in- but neither of these apply at the moment!

20. littlemissnaughty

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Good morning hun,
    Stick with it and you'll get back in the zone in no time.
    Meals out are always so hard and if you're not 100% motivated it can go wrong very easily. Put hey draw a line and start again. Hopefully if you stay on plan this weekend you will see a result on the scales on Monday.

21. freakydarkstuff

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As long as you enjoyed your naughty meal then that's the main thing- nothing worse than blowing the diet for a rubbish meal!!

What's homity pie?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.