• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Porridge!

Ok, so I dont know if I said before but I bagged a bargain and bought 81 sachets from a friend of a friend for £50.

They came this morning (I am on day 7 as I bought a weeks worth from my CDC) I have just tried a plain porridge - OMG they are vile.

I felt like I was eating wallpaper paste it was soooo disgusting!!:cry::cry:

I even tried shaking in a tiny bit og my choc mint shake to see if that would help the taste but it just made it worse!

I have 21 of the ******* to eat up aswell!!!
eughhhhhh :(

Anyone have any tips of what I can do to make it edible??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Lol I never thought bu-ggers would be filtered!! Sorry for the offence!! :D

try adding something sweet tasting like cinnamon (?spelling) , some people say nutmeg or ginger. In short try everything, coz i wouldn't waste 21 packs i f it were me xxx

Hi,

What a bargain! - I make the porridges really watery and add cinnamon and nutmeg makes them ok - not great but edible. good luck x

Thanks trim, I will try everything, I think i will just have to force myself to eat 1 a day as like you say, Im not wasting them!! x

Thanks Tink, I might try adding more water!!! x

are they plain ones or the apple and cinnamon ones? I had the A&C one this morning...and they were sooooo nice! :) xx

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
I love the porridges!!! I don't like the apple and cinnamon, too sweet, but the plain... yum!! Love it!

Hi there.

I have to say the porridge taste horrible. It should be against the law to make somehting so vile...

I tried the apple/cinnamon one and oh my god, I actually gaged.

I have no idea to make it better, I tried sweetener, more water, less water, I can't take.

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
Seems I'm the only one that really likes them! I have them every breakfast, and sometimes twice too! Ha

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Yuk another hater here ... plain porridge is yacky! ..
Im going to try the apple and cin though just incase its ok ...

LOL @ lovely!! yes I agree it should be against the law!! They are gross!! I will try some cinnamon tomorrow!! x

fed-up-and-fat

hoping for a good loss
I love them too. I add nutmeg to the original one and add more water than is recommened to otherwise it is far too thick. Love the A&C one too. Look forward to starting the day with my porridge.

Hope you can grow to like them.

Charlie xx

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
See this is how I am with tetras, though I used to like them, they make me feel physically sick now. But porridge, I'll eat all day! I like that it has texture to it, feels like I'm eating, not just drinking! lol

Yeah caroline, you see thats why I htought I would like them!! I loveeee "normal" porridge but that was awful!! Could it be that the shelf life of them is only a few weeks left??

And how can you not like choc tetras, my god they are amazing! I halved one yesterday with hot water it was lush!! :D

I will have to try adding extra water tomorrow and cinnamon! x

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
I would have thought they'd be fine. I had an out of date one the other day by accident, whoops! Tasted fine, just didn't go as thick.

They're just far too sickly! I don't like the taste, the texture, anything. They give me a funny after taste too.

I love the A&C porridge.
I sometimes add 1tsp of apple sauce (like the stuff you have with roast pork and crackling......:cry:)
It has about 4 kcal and virtually no carb. 0 fat etc.
It makes it even yummier - and yes I know on SS I shouldn't but if that's my only sneak.......!!!:rolleyes:

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
You can use psyllium husks with the shakes to make basically a porridge, I did that with toffee and walnut but now I can't stand that flavour at all!