Porridge

Result!...cinnamon porridge I am pleased to report is much nicer and masks the strange after taste I found. And have tried 150 and 175 mls water....the 175 is more suited to my palate, but some of you may prefer it runnier or thicker.....bit of trial and error needed on the water.

I made it this morning for hubby with 200mls and an extra minute, and it exploded all over my microwave during the extra minute! He did say it tasted lovely though, it still looked quite runny to me - i didn't try it as i'd just cleaned my teeth! I'm going to make it for myself for lunch when i get home today, i think i will try 150mls and two minutes, see if it gives similar results to the extra minute, but less mess ;)

I just made it for the first time, I think 150ml water, give it a good stir before going in the micro then 2 mins. Mine was a bit watery and almost boiled over too. Taste was ok, but a bit clumpy hence good stir.

Looking forward to trying this next month :)

Boooo i didn't like it :( The taste was ok, a bit too sweet but it reminded me of eating raw pancake batter... the texture made me feel really sick! Ah well, good job i like the shakes and the bars :)

ive just ordered a box of 50 after reading the comments on here as they were generally positive.. Im not hard to please so i will probably like em..
And if ya can have more than 1 a day thats a bonus for days when i want food n not shakes... (have given up on the soups as i only like on of them and thats thai chick) mind you they are doing them in boxes of 50 so maybe i might order some of them at end of month ....xx

As a cheap, filling replacement, it's completely fine for you to just buy a box of regular Ready Brek and chuck in a vitamin bill whilst you're eating it. It does everything the Exante Porrdge mix does but at a fraction of the cost. You can even pour half a tin of Evaporated Milk over the food prior to eating - it goes down even better that way.

Ok, not really.

Personally, I'll stick with the shakes for now. You lot have made these porridge sachets sound seriously dodgy and I think I'd likely end up using the stuff as wallpaper paste.

Sorry to say its a No from me I find it really far too sweet and I have a sweet tooth or I thought I had, so pleased I only ordered 2 so I could sample them, from now on I will stick to my mushroom soup shakes n tesco bars.

Just had my first porridge. OMG it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely going to invest in a box of them

My first porridge today. Kind of tasted to me like hot vanilla shake with oat bits in. I like it :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I tried it today and I didn't like it :( I really really wanted to as well....grrrr!
The smell put me off to start with...really sweet and vanilla-y, and although the taste was slightly better (I did finish half a portion, which is all I made for myself) I don't think I'd buy it again.
Looking on the bright side, at least I didn't buy a full bumper pack of it, so I haven't lost anything really.

I love it too!

Make mine exactly as the instructions say and it's thick and creamy - yum :D

I tried that and it was a bit runny going to try with less water tonight

I tried it today and I didn't like it :( I really really wanted to as well....grrrr!
The smell put me off to start with...really sweet and vanilla-y, and although the taste was slightly better (I did finish half a portion, which is all I made for myself) I don't think I'd buy it again.
Looking on the bright side, at least I didn't buy a full bumper pack of it, so I haven't lost anything really.

Awwww sorry you didnt like it. I think porridge is my new favourite :)

Ive just brought two packs.. so is it the case you just had hot water? u dont need to whisk it?

The perfect mix for porridge is the one that YOU like best. I am also Scottish and prefer porridge with salt but whilst on Cambridge I managed to not only get used to the sweetness but even to enjoy it (as an alternative; for real porridge my choice is still with salt!). Experiment a wee bit until you find the right texture and then just enjoy!

Oh, no, is the porridge sweet? I was looking forward to ordering but if it is sweet I best not. Looks like sticking with the soups for me.

Porridge?

Hi, sorry if this info is posted elsewhere. Am new to minimins today and am starting Exante this week so am just finding my feet!
On the Exante website shop you can buy packs of porridge oats but I cant see them mentioned in the plans. Can you have them just the same as the other packs?
Thanks in advance!
Lx

Back