Porridge

vlcd maker said:
have you tried the pasta or spaghetti bolognese from w8, i tried them and they seem quite nice and you need a fork!

Personally I'm not interested in other companies meals. I'd rather stick to Exante than start adding other things

Mine arrived in the post today.......so think I will have it for my tea. :)

I agree with Starlight, I will rather stick to Exante than mix products! Starlight, i enjoyed the oats so much that the second day into the diet l ordered a box and now l have it for breakfast every day. Hope l do not get tired of it so soon. With the water issue l have come to realise that the less water you put the creamer it is. For those of you who like oats really light then 200ml otherwise experiment till you get the right consistency for you.

really useful thread, i made one last week and found it way too runny. will try as described here tomorrow.

really handy to have something to actually eat rather than the bars

thanks !

renekot said:
Go for it handbag-annie. If you are a oats lover you will have no regrets:D

Loved it!!!! Very sweet and I usually put salt in porridge, but thought it was fab. Just ordered the one but will get more. Xx

Well, I think I have found a way I love it :D, and its gonna be a life saver ;)
Make as the pack directs with 200mls if water.... Micro for 2.5 mins.... It's still a wee bit too runny for me, so I add a teaspoon if psylim husk powder, and its perfect :D
I definately think its far more filling that any of the other packs, or bars :D

I couldn't yesterday :eek:
2 porridge and 1 soup yesterday :banana dancer:
I might mix it up today, as I am WS ;)

WOW , well just had my first one .. and OMG I am in love !!! I hate 'normal ' porridge , but liked the CD ones so wanted to give it a try .......well it was divine .... although it tasted far more like rice pudding than porridge ...my fave :D just a bummer i only have 10 to last me till next month as cant afford any more :/ gonna have to ration it !!!

Had my second go at porridge this evening and it was yummy scrummy :D Last week I had one, but it was the wrong consistency and a bit lumpy. I'd used lukewarm water and zapped it in the microwave, which seemed to work okay, but I had put too much water in.

Tonight I used 200mls of cold water and then 'nuked' it for the full 2 minutes and somehow this time it came out just right. It's still a bit sweet, but I can live with that - the best bit is it's very filling.

Well, I think I have found a way I love it :D, and its gonna be a life saver ;)
Make as the pack directs with 200mls if water.... Micro for 2.5 mins.... It's still a wee bit too runny for me, so I add a teaspoon if psylim husk powder, and its perfect :D
I definately think its far more filling that any of the other packs, or bars :D

If l may ask what is this psylim husk powder? is it among the allowed foods? if yes where can l get some to try.

renekot said:
If l may ask what is this psylim husk powder? is it among the allowed foods? if yes where can l get some to try.

You can get it ay Holland and barretts health food shop.
I find that the packs can give me a case of tummy tummy. The husks bind you together without going too far the other way :)
The do thicken up whatever you put them in, so the porridge and soup do benefit I find. You do have to be careful not to use too much though, as it can end up very gloopy :)

Well, I had my first porridge last night and wasn't a massive fan. It might grow on me, but I don't know. Found it a bit powdery and the aftertaste made me gag. Weirdly the first few spoonfuls went down quite well, but after about 10 mins of trying to plough through it with a teaspoon I started going off it and it tasted rank. :(

Bum xx

Well, I had my first porridge last night and wasn't a massive fan. It might grow on me, but I don't know. Found it a bit powdery and the aftertaste made me gag. Weirdly the first few spoonfuls went down quite well, but after about 10 mins of trying to plough through it with a teaspoon I started going off it and it tasted rank. :(

Bum xx

Try adding some cinnamon or nutmeg, it might improve the taste for you. I always have cinnamon on mine and its delish! :D

Oh id love to order some porridge. But i have 2 bumper packs of soups and shakes to get through yet eeeeeeeeeeek.

Will defenatly get some of them husk thingys to thicken the soups a bit. Never heard of it before :)

Thanks for the tip about adding cinnamon - I am a fan, so I will try that :) x

Back