Possible gallstones :(

Oh Andy, its good they got you in so quick. Fingers crossed everything gets sorted. Trust me I know how you feel. I have the most horrendous gall bladder pain right now (about a 5/10 on the attack pain register though) guess the bad ones are only when I eat!!! on. I'm trying to keep my mind off it. Hopefully the pain killers will kick in soon!

B x

I don't do LL but I've had gall stones and had my gall bladder removed a couple of years back.

The pain you describe sounds exactly the same as what I experienced, and I felt the need to vomit too.

I would advise going to hospital every time you get an attack. I was about 21 when my problems started and my GP said I would just have to live with it until I was about 40 and they might take it out.

When I had a bad attack and went to hospital with a gall bladder infection, the doctors in A&E were disgusted. They wrote a letter to my GP saying I should be referred to a surgeon, because the more stones pass through the more likely you are to get an infection which can turn very serious.

Also, my mum had a stone that got stuck. The doctor was very rude and didn't want to come out on a house call when she was in agony, but when he got there he saw that she was jaundiced. If you keep having pain check the whites of your eyes and your finger nails. If they look yellow, get yourself to A&E!

Friend says it doesn't sound like a stomach ulcer and I have read the symptoms of some types of angina and not too impressed!

What was the gallstones pain like and where was it?

thanks xx

Serenity don't read symptoms on the internet you can convince yourself that you have everything on there. Put this out your mind and wait for the GP to tell you its most likely not as bad as you think and most likely related to weight which you are doing something about :)

im exactly in the same position as you, waiting to see a surgeon, keep having really bad attacks, am on cd, had my ultrasound and have loads of huge ones, am about to go back to the doctors now to see what else i can take pain wise.

i had gallbladder problems since i was 28. every time i dieted it was fine but as soon as i started eating fat again WOW the pain was incredible my doctor had to come out on three occasions to give me a shot, i had attacks about twice a year until 3 years agop then it went mad until almost constant pain i vomitted every time and even passed out a couple of times frightened everyone around me, then last jan i had the gallbladder removed keyhole surgery, brilliant only problem now is i can eat as much fatty food as i want and get no pain!! even the memory of that pain sets me on edge, i didnt have large stone but lots of sludge. good luck it will be the best thing you do getting rid of that pain. Bridie x

Really feel for you hunni, i to had a scan to contirm gallstones in december and have an apointment for 28th Jan to see the consultant so we will both hopefully be painfree by the end of feb , good luck hun.xx

I think the shortest attack ive ever had is 4hrs, bloomin painful.xx

Whatever you do dont put off the surgery! I was hospitalised before early dec with acute pancreatitis caused by a gall stone blocking the pancreatic duct and was seriously ill. The pain of the pancreatitis makes gall stone pain feel like a lightly grazed knee - no joke! Was taken back in with inflamed gall bladder Jan 3rd and risk of serious pancreatic complications so high I had emergency keyhole surgery to remove gall bladder the following week. Need MRI scan in 2 weeks to check no stones left in ducts as they couldnt do that during op due to inflammation (not good time to have op when its flared up). So dont let the diet put you off surgery, pancreatitis is very serious indeed. I had lost 10stone with LL, and dont mind that some has gone back on its more important to be here. I can deal with that later!

Thanks everyone.

Susan, yours sounds worse than mine. We sound on a similar path though! Good luck xx

Got my hospital appointment to see the consultant on Wedesday afternoon so will let you know the out come.

Hope you are well.xx

had my hospital appointment yesterday and am having my gallbladder removed by keyhole, the op will be within 18weeks.

Good luck, Susan, I hope however long it takes passes quickly and without pain! I have an appt monday morning - nervous but ok.

Glad you got on ok, shame we dont live closer we could keep each other company in hospital,lol. good luck.xxx

hi hunni, just had my hospital on the phone ive got my pre op on 15th and my op on 16th woohooo we are going to get sorted finally.xx

good luck.xx

BTW fantastic pics your looking great, well done.xxx

Wow, that's a short time betwene pre-op and op! I had my pre-op on Monday and am booked in as a day case for the 21st.

Good luck and let us all know how it's going! *hugs*

And thanks :D

Hi Andy, well its D day for me have to be at the hospital by 7.30am.:rolleyes:

Your turn next week.:D

It strange this morning i usually sit browsing minis with a lovely hot coffee, but not this morning.lol

Let you know when I out and sorted, have a great weekend hun.xxx

Back