Possible Low SYn Beef 'Wellington'

WelshJojo

Gold Member
Having just made the lush chicken liver pate, I wondered whether you could utilise this to made a SW friendly Beef Wellington. Surely if your steak is free and the pate is too, then all you have to syn is the filo pastry, which is only 2 syns a sheet-has anyone tried this-or do you think it would even work??? x

I would certainly give it a go!!! Sounds great and seriously considering making the pate too anyway!!!

you really should make the pate-i'm sat here eating it with ryvita thins(which are only 1.5 syns each) and its heavenly :D

Fab idea! I like my beef rare so think it would work but if you wanted to cook it well done the filo might suffer a bit as it's so thin. Worth a try though!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Kitchen Basics, Pastry, filo sheets, raw 22.5g large
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 3 Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Kitchen Basics, Pastry, filo sheets, raw 45g jumbo
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
5½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Kitchen Basics, Pastry, filo 28g raw
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]still aint to bad
[/FONT]

beef wellington

Hi all I sort of made this by accident the other day, my girlfriend had salmon in filo and as I dont like salmon much I tried steak wrapped in filo, it worked well. I think there will be no problem adding pate too. we did find you needed 2 sheets though as the first sheet started to tear. :)

Back