Possibly too much info .. toilet habits

I used to go once a week before slimming world.. I know that is really bad.. Now I go once or sometimes even twice a day! I find pyslium husks are magic, they can even help to clear out stuff that's been in there for years! Ewwww

hennyhamster said:
I used to go once a week before slimming world.. I know that is really bad.. Now I go once or sometimes even twice a day! I find pyslium husks are magic, they can even help to clear out stuff that's been in there for years! Ewwww

Do you mix them in with your food or take the powder with water? Never taken them but am thinking of getting something in the next few days

Thank you all so much for your advice, no "ahem" movement on the situation as yet and its weigh in tonight! I may have to resort to laxatives :eek:(

for years?!! flip how does that work lol. being dippy here but i cant see how stuff would be held in for years!

for years?!! flip how does that work lol. being dippy here but i cant see how stuff would be held in for years!

Yeah it can if you don't eat enough fibre to push it out. If its really chronic you can end up with Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which is really very serious (caused by pockets of rubbish in your bowels) and can in the most severe cases require your whole bowel to be resectioned and having a stoma (or what is more commonly know as a poo bag!)

I first started taking them because i have a yeast overgrowth in my intestines and because they swell they cling to all the old bits of err feaces that is stuck to the walls as well as softening what is in there. And i had to replenish my intestine with healthy bacteria. I took them with water but it is disgusting stuff and i had to hold my nose so I could swallow it so maybe I should have sprinkled it over food. i originally took it for a colon cleanse but it is also used for constipation and is supposed to help lower cholesterol too. I use it sometimes now if I am constipated for a few days and it works wonders.

Spoke with consultant who suggested a huge serving of baked beans ... along with a stern "don't even think about not getting weighed tonight" - I have had the beans and about 5 pints of water ... nothing. Going to the health food shop for a some buts this weekend

lol i guess that's why I've got an orange tinge! That big bowl I had last night! I'll see in the dark tho! (worked tho, been twice)

My 'habit' is still all over the place, sometimes i can go days, sometimes it's a few times a day! I always feel better when i'm going regularly.

I can't believe how much fibre is in all bran! Will definately get some, does anyone know how much is in the fibre plus bars?

I used to go maybe 5 times a week/once a day max.... (before ANY kind of diet)

ever since I started restricting my diet (2008) my bowels have been knocked off, was going a lot more and all sorts of worrying pains etc. (this was with a very healthy diet)

Then I got the swine flu & seasonal vaccine (2009), and I was going up to 10 times a day night and day.

My 'habit' is still all over the place, sometimes i can go days, sometimes it's a few times a day! I always feel better when i'm going regularly.

I can't believe how much fibre is in all bran! Will definately get some, does anyone know how much is in the fibre plus bars?

All-Bran is awesome! :)

Kellogs Fibre Plus - 5g (1 per hex)

Alpen Light - 4.7g (2 per hex)

So basically I would go for the Alpen Light everytime xx

The feet on a box thing helped me a bit so thanks for that.

Also, pork is very hard to digest and can stay in your body for up to 7 years so stuff definitely sticks around more than we realise. =]

That's shocked me about pork! We eat quite a lot of it with pork chops/gamon/bacon/sausages :eek:
i can't think about that cos its making me rather unwell ... i have always said I would be a vegetarian if I could still have sausages and bacon as they are my favourites!

Back