Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Diary

I hadn't planned on reducing my cals just yet, but when I updated my weight on my app it dropped my cals by 100. I've still got it set to maintain my weight and still having 2000 a day, so I'm happy to have that for now. My mum has been no help what so ever tho, she gave me a tin of quality street when we were round! Doh! It was nice to go there today and see my parents fussing over the little man. OH has stuck to his promise of helping me out too so I do feel a bit more rested and relaxed today now.

Argh! Am so tempted to binge on the choccies now! Baby is happily snoozing in his cosy and I have a bit of time to myself so am feeling like I might as well treat myself! Part of my also feels like I can't diet properly for a little while yet, so I might as well have a treat.

I just need to adjust my mindset. Pigging out on chocolate and getting fat as a result is not a treat! I'm determined that I will lose this pregnancy weight, which means sticking to my calories. It isn't a dramatic strict diet and I won't see instant overnight results, but I can still eat the foods I enjoy, help my body heal and gradually lose weight. I'd rather that in 6 weeks time I've lost a couple of pounds than being back up to 13 stone after pigging out for the whole time!

I also want to make sure I am a positive role model for my son. He doesn't need to see mummy unhappy with her weight, he doesn't need fo see mummy binge eating or going on some ridiculous strict diet. I want him to see mummy eating sensibly, with a healthy attitude towards food and living an active lifestyle. I don't ever want him to end up with the issues I've had for so long.

Thats a great attitude! I lost a lot of my baby weight after I had my little girl and then at about 5/6 weeks old and the night feeds were getting me down I'd sit and eat a bag of maltesers (big bag!) to keep me going! So gained a lot of weight back.

You sound like your doing absolutely amazing, well done xx

Thats a great attitude! I lost a lot of my baby weight after I had my little girl and then at about 5/6 weeks old and the night feeds were getting me down I'd sit and eat a bag of maltesers (big bag!) to keep me going! So gained a lot of weight back.

You sound like your doing absolutely amazing, well done xx

Thanks hun, how old is your little one now? It is hard after having a baby, I feel like it will be a long time before I'm back to what I was before and even then I wasn't particularly happy with how I looked then! I am a bit more forgiving of myself now tho, my body has been through so much with the section.

I am still able to have stuff like sweets and crisps now while my cals are so high. I have found though my appetite has vanished compared to what I was like when I was pregnant. I was constantly hungry and always eating! I'm not as hungry now and haven't craved crap half as much. It's only cos my mum keeps giving me chocolate I'm tempted by it!

She's 18 months, not so much a baby now! She's decided to be a monster with sleeping. So does feel like I have a newborn again at the moment!

I've really struggled with my post pregnancy body, Dpnt think - even if I get down to my lowest weight - that my body will ever look the same again which was hard to accept at first but like you have decided to give my body a break, it's been through a lot!

Families are hard when they don't really understand and aren't helpful aren't they, lol! Especially if you have a sweet tooth!

I had Hollie last Easter (came home on easter weekend) and I was so annoyed family kept buying me Easter eggs!! its the last thing you want after having a baby!

You can have a little bit of choc in the evenings as a treat within cals, its nice to have something to look forward too. I could hardly eat anything after my section so actually just ate chocolate for first few weeks but once I started dieting it did help me get me into a better routine and eating much healthier foods x

She's 18 months, not so much a baby now! She's decided to be a monster with sleeping. So does feel like I have a newborn again at the moment!

I've really struggled with my post pregnancy body, Dpnt think - even if I get down to my lowest weight - that my body will ever look the same again which was hard to accept at first but like you have decided to give my body a break, it's been through a lot!

Families are hard when they don't really understand and aren't helpful aren't they, lol! Especially if you have a sweet tooth!

I know what you mean about it being hard to accept things won't be the same. I've kind of made peace with it, I was never one for looking or feeling amazing in a bikini before I had him, why would I suddenly expect to now?! That's the way I look at it! My main concern is dealing with my binge eating and yo-yo dieting rather than what I look like if that makes any sense!

My mum bless her got me the chocs for xmas (they're still in date don't worry!). But cos I had to have a glucose tolerance test just before xmas which I was a bit upset about at the time, she thought the last thing I needed was sweets. So she did try to help me, bless!

I had Hollie last Easter (came home on easter weekend) and I was so annoyed family kept buying me Easter eggs!! its the last thing you want after having a baby!

You can have a little bit of choc in the evenings as a treat within cals, its nice to have something to look forward too. I could hardly eat anything after my section so actually just ate chocolate for first few weeks but once I started dieting it did help me get me into a better routine and eating much healthier foods x

How are you all feeling now? I must go and check up on your diary!!

Aw, easter baby! To be fair, it's ony been my mum with the sweets. Everyone else has just turned up with stuff for Anderson. I have more baby lotion than I know what to do with now!!

Its strange with it being Easter, it doesn't feel any different at all! Usually if I was off work, I'd use the bank holiday as an excuse to go out drinking or have a massive blow out. Now I have no interest at all in either! After nine months of not drinking, I've lost the taste for it and I don't want to anyway cos I wouldn't feel right trying to look after little man after drinking. We are meant to be meeting up with some friends this afternoon for a pub lunch, but I can't see myself going mad.

Yesterday was quite hectic. We had people round in the morning and then went to the pub in the aftenoon, which was round the corner from my mums so we popped in there too! Feel like it was a bit of a whirlwind! I got a bit upset while out cos little man would settle for OH and not me. It just made me feel like pants about everything I'm not able to do right now! But OH was good at reassuring me as a mum. I also get a bit anxious if he's fussing while we're out - I do feel like everyone is staring at us! I guess I just need to get over it. At home his crying doesn't phase me in the slightest?! Weird!

Calories wise, I did end up over. I had burger and chips at the pub, which I was really disappointed with cos I'd wanted something else and my order got messed up. I also had a few choccies when we got home but didn't go mad. They just didn't interest me. Back to it today.

If it stays dry today I might get out for a walk with the little man, start building my fitness back up. I honestly went so lazy when I was preggers cos by 20 odd weeks I would get a really bad stitch and back ache if I was on my feet too long. So I stopped walking, which I used to do a lot of. By the time I was on mat leave I was practically house bound cos I was too big to drive myself and couldn't walk far. I just wanna get back to being able to walk lots again, and then build up from there. I used to think I was so unfit, I can't believe I'm aiming to get back to that point before anything else!

Little man is asleep now tho after his morning feed, so I'm off back to bed for a little while myself!

Yesterday was such a lazy day, just spent all day indoors! Anderson was awake most of the morning after his morning feed and it was nice having time with him playing on his gym and just giving him fuss and cuddles. I then slept most of the afternoon! It was what I needed tho! In the evening he was a bit fussy, we thought he might have a bit of a cold cos he sounded a bit bunged up. He wouldn't settle or sleep unless one of us held him. Eventually we got him to sleep about 11 and he did go back to sleep after his night feeds in his basket ok. He seems a bit happier today, he's fast asleep in his cosy.

Last night was hard when he was fussing and upset, I felt so bad for him when he looked so tired but wouldn't sleep. There were a few points when I reached for the chocolates but stopped myself. It sounds daft but I do think of him as a way of stopping myself binging. I tell myself I wanna be a good role model and dealing with things by eating to avoid them is not being a good role model. I'm also finding it easier to talk to the OH about whats bothering me at the moment rather than bottling it up. I worry about PND and wanna make sure I'm talking about things so it doesn't get too bad.

On that note, I'm making sure I get myself out for a walk on my own today. I've not really had much time away from OH and Anderson since I had him and I think I need that today. I feel bad for saying that tho!

So, getting out for a walk on my own made a massive difference to how I'm feeling. It was nice to get the fresh air and exercise as well as half an hour all to myself! It's also given me a kick up the bum to do other things. Since Anderson was born I've felt bad about doing anything that wasn't spending time with him, even when he's asleep or OH is with him too. But today I've done some odd jobs in the house which has also made me feel better.

I ended up over my cals yesterday after having some of the chocolates. Uh-oh! I had cals left over so thought I could have a few and be within my cals, but a few turned into a few more, then a few more again. Sometimes I just think its easier not to have any at all or if I have just one bar of chocolate I'm fine!

Hey I'm glad you got a bit me time I think it does help at times- how's Anderson doing xx

It made the world of difference, getting out for some fresh air and exercise although I was paying the price for it today, my stomach has been sore again! The midwife came today and she also told me off for doing too much - when I said about the walk she said I shouldn't even consider anything like that until six weeks!

I am feeling a bit like I've tried to do too much too soon. Yesterday I was looking at a website about unplanned c sections and I got really upset. I was quite surprised by my reaction to be honest. Then today I've been stiff and sore for trying to get back to normal yesterday and I just feel like I'm back at square one. I'm frustrated I can't do the things I want to, I feel like I'm just waiting all the time, waiting to get better, waiting so I can start losing weight. It's not what I had imagined at all and then I get annoyed and upset cos if I hadn't had the section it wouldn't be like this! I'd got quite upset about all this earlier with the OH. Moving forwards, I've invited a load of people round so I have help and company at least, that's what I need right now.

I also think I might be best taking a bit of a break from here and counting cals. Like I said I feel like I'm just waiting to start dieting properly and getting frustrated I can't do what I want to right now. I just need to focus on getting better first.

Hey hun,

How far did you walk then and what does your mw class as over doing things. I would personally just listen to my body and go with my own instincts.

Try not to feel disappointed because you've had a c section, it was out of your hands and the most important thing to remember is that you have a beautiful healthy baby. Next time around you might get the birth you wanted and experience a natural birth. I don't feel anyway that I missed out on having natural birth, everything happens for a reason.

They do prefer not to exercise or start dieting till after your 6 weeks postnatal check that's with normal or c sections birth but a gentle walk is normally ok and eating sensibly, maybe next time go for a short gentle walk with baby.

Every now and then your scar will hurt so take it easy when you can. I think it might good to take a few weeks out from dieting and just concentrate on being a new mum and enjoy Anderson while his tiny the time really does fly by, Hollie's a year tomorrow and its crazy how fast its gone :mad: Hollie was about 7 weeks when I started dieting properly xx

So I'm back, and feeling ready to start again.

I'm glad I took a break away from dieting, and to be honest it was too early to start when I did! I was still trying to get used to being a new mum and feeling like crap after my operation. I was expecting too much of myself, not just with my diet, but trying to be the 'perfect mum'! As the weeks have gone on I'm finding it easier, getting used to little man and not expecting so much of myself. I'm also finding it helpful to talk to people about how I'm feeling which I wasn't doing to begin with.

Whoops, little man decided to start fussing as I added that last post!

So I'm back counting calories, and have decided to drop down to 1800 (which is enough for slow weight loss according to my app). Today is my first day back on it and it's been straight forward enough. Weighing myself this morning I was 12st 5, so I've got around 2 and a half stone to shift now. I've been getting out for more walks now too which will help. I'm really looking forwards to getting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes!

Take it easy, MrsCC. Even a week or two off calorie counting won't hurt you. You know you'll get back to it when you and your body are ready.

I hear you on feeling frustrated. All you need is time to heal.

Could you get a really good series of DVDs or some computer games to fill in the next few weeks? If you've got a good quality computer, something like the Elder Scrolls (the latest one is Skyrim) are pretty good. Monkey Island is a really good, fun, engaging series of games....as is the Neverhood and the sequel, Skullmonkeys. DVDs...depends what you're into...I love Babylon 5...Xena, Warrior Princess, Veronica Mars is an excellent series.

Hope these suggestions help. When I've had times in my life where I've had to be laid up for a couple of weeks or so, a good selection of DVD series and some engaging computer games have made the time be actually *fun* rather than feel like 'waiting around'.

Try and see this time as a gift...its a few weeks for *you*. You could watch DVDs...play games...write...read books....snooze. The time will pass and you'll be back on your feet before you know it, but you need to rest so you may as well have a good time doing it :heartpump:

Thanks for the advice, really do appreciate you taking the time to offer your support!

Hey hun,

How far did you walk then and what does your mw class as over doing things. I would personally just listen to my body and go with my own instincts.

Try not to feel disappointed because you've had a c section, it was out of your hands and the most important thing to remember is that you have a beautiful healthy baby. Next time around you might get the birth you wanted and experience a natural birth. I don't feel anyway that I missed out on having natural birth, everything happens for a reason.

They do prefer not to exercise or start dieting till after your 6 weeks postnatal check that's with normal or c sections birth but a gentle walk is normally ok and eating sensibly, maybe next time go for a short gentle walk with baby.

Every now and then your scar will hurt so take it easy when you can. I think it might good to take a few weeks out from dieting and just concentrate on being a new mum and enjoy Anderson while his tiny the time really does fly by, Hollie's a year tomorrow and its crazy how fast its gone :mad: Hollie was about 7 weeks when I started dieting properly xx

Cas, thanks for the support! You were right, I started back a little bit too early, but I'm feeling ready for it now.

Just here to subscribe.

I'm 15 weeks preg and gaining weight too fast but can't stop! I am relaxing into it but also looking to see how people do at loosing it after the birth!

1 week old was deff to soon to start but well done fr trying! I'm thinking I will leave it about a month to settle into routine etc then start bk on SW or similar :)

Congratulations by the way on the birth of yr son! :) xx

Back