Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Diary

Just here to subscribe.

I'm 15 weeks preg and gaining weight too fast but can't stop! I am relaxing into it but also looking to see how people do at loosing it after the birth!

1 week old was deff to soon to start but well done fr trying! I'm thinking I will leave it about a month to settle into routine etc then start bk on SW or similar :)

Congratulations by the way on the birth of yr son! :) xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy Cai! Is this your first?

Don't worry about gaining weight while pregnant, I tried hard not to, but it was too hard! By the end I was eating a lot of rubbish, but I'm only about a stone and a half heavier than I was when I found out (ignore my stats, they're out of date!) which I don't think is too bad!

I deffo tried to start back too early! But I think I was trying to do a lot of things too early after I had him, I had to learn the hard way I'm not bloody super woman and can't do a lot of the things I used to! I think now is a better time cos little man has settled into a bit of a routine of three hour feeds, which makes it easier for me to plan out my day around him.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose the weight after you have the baby. For all I started back early, I'm in no rush to lose the weight xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy Cai! Is this your first?

Don't worry about gaining weight while pregnant, I tried hard not to, but it was too hard! By the end I was eating a lot of rubbish, but I'm only about a stone and a half heavier than I was when I found out (ignore my stats, they're out of date!) which I don't think is too bad!

I deffo tried to start back too early! But I think I was trying to do a lot of things too early after I had him, I had to learn the hard way I'm not bloody super woman and can't do a lot of the things I used to! I think now is a better time cos little man has settled into a bit of a routine of three hour feeds, which makes it easier for me to plan out my day around him.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose the weight after you have the baby. For all I started back early, I'm in no rush to lose the weight xx

Thanks - yes this is my first :) exciting and scary time ahead!! Hubby and I have both had a few wobbles over it. Did yr hubby/bf go through the same? I have tried asking friends and they think theirs did but didn't speak to them about it. It was a difficult thing for me to deal with! :-/

Anyway, I have gained just over a stone already and had gained some before I fell preg and wasn't happy with how I looked - so currently I'm panicked to say the least! Lol :-/ however now is no time for silly diets!! And I'm just starting to enjoy healthier foods again! :-D

How is the little man doing anyway? Xx

Thanks - yes this is my first :) exciting and scary time ahead!! Hubby and I have both had a few wobbles over it. Did yr hubby/bf go through the same? I have tried asking friends and they think theirs did but didn't speak to them about it. It was a difficult thing for me to deal with! :-/

Anyway, I have gained just over a stone already and had gained some before I fell preg and wasn't happy with how I looked - so currently I'm panicked to say the least! Lol :-/ however now is no time for silly diets!! And I'm just starting to enjoy healthier foods again! :-D

How is the little man doing anyway? Xx

What do you mean by wobbles hun? I know OH was and still is nervous about being a dad. He's not always one for sharing what's on his mind, but will talk to me about it. He also had different worries to me - like he was doing a lot of overtime at work at weekends cos he was worried about money and being a good provider for his child. Just keep talking about things as best you can, it is a real test on your relationship and to be honest it does get harder once baby is here!

Also don't worry about what the scales say while pregnant. There is the weight of the baby, placenta, extra blood and fluid included in that. I was 14 and a half stone a week before I had my son and that dropped quickly down to where I am now. Make the most of your pregnancy and enjoy it cos you won't get this time again x

Second day done. I was nearer 2000 cals today, but as long as I don't go over that I'm happy. I also got out for another walk. I'm just building up my fitness gradually, although I'm starting to feel up to more every day.

Today I treated myself to some new clothes. I was fed up of none of my normal clothes fitting and wearing all my maternity clothes that still make me look pregnant. I didn't spend much, I just went to Asda, got some cheap jeans and a few tops. It was quite strange clothes shopping cos the first time in nine months I didn't have to make do with something baggy to go over my bump. I felt a bit out of my depth!

My OH goes back to work tomorrow after the last four weeks off and I'm starting to panic about being on my own! I'm sure I'll be fine, in some ways I'm looking forwards to it, I think it will help my confidence as a mum. I do have my mum coming round tomorrow though as a bit of company more than anything.

Today so far, I'm within 1800 cals so I'm happy. I do reckon what I'm doing is the best way of losing weight, especially with a baby and needing to grab things on the go. I'm just gutted I wasted so much time doing radical diets trying to lose loads of weight quickly. I guess it took having a baby to make me change perspective!

Hi Caroline - congratulations on the birth of your son - I'd love to have a little newborn again - but I'm way too old - I keep winding hubby up saying well Halle Berry is pregnant at 46 - he looks terrified poor man

Enjoy these first few weeks I know they can be a bit overwhelming at times but those first weeks are magical and they are gone so quickly

Your shopping trip made me smile - isn't it great not having to carry bags, my little boy is almost out of buggy now don't know what I am going to do with my hands when I no longer have that pram

Good luck, am here to help if you need me x

Hi Caroline - congratulations on the birth of your son - I'd love to have a little newborn again - but I'm way too old - I keep winding hubby up saying well Halle Berry is pregnant at 46 - he looks terrified poor man

Enjoy these first few weeks I know they can be a bit overwhelming at times but those first weeks are magical and they are gone so quickly

Your shopping trip made me smile - isn't it great not having to carry bags, my little boy is almost out of buggy now don't know what I am going to do with my hands when I no longer have that pram

Good luck, am here to help if you need me x

Thanks Donna! I know what you mean about enjoying this time while it lasts, I already feel like this first month has gone so quickly and can't believe how much Anderson has changed in that time!

Yesterday was a tough day, I won't lie! My mum came round to help and I honestly felt like she just got in the way. The little fella was also a bit fussy - we changed his formula at the weekend and I think it took a day or two for his tummy to adjust. He spent most of the evening screaming while poor OH tried to settle him! I ended up scoffing on three chocolate bars I was so tired and stressed! I still somehow managed to track my cals and wasn't massively over, so I can cope with that.

Today, it's like he is a different little boy! He's been so chilled out, and only had a little fuss when he got woken up with the health visitor coming and when he wanted his feed. I just hope he's like this tonight so OH and I can have a rest. I'm made up he's been so good on my first day alone with him!!

I'm still within my cals at the moment and hoping I can stay that way today. I do feel so much better for being able to wear normal clothes again as well! It stops me feeling like I need to shift the chub too quickly!

Put yesterday behind you - its so hard with your first one because they don't come with a manual, just enjoy and forget those chocolate bars - its one day out of a month of 30. Fingers crossed you get a good night tonight - but don't feel bad if you have a little sleep in the day when Anderson does - I never did with Megan but I often had 40 winks with Noah and it so helps!!!

Glad your new purchases have made you happy - its amazing how normal clothes make us feel like women again x

Put yesterday behind you - its so hard with your first one because they don't come with a manual, just enjoy and forget those chocolate bars - its one day out of a month of 30. Fingers crossed you get a good night tonight - but don't feel bad if you have a little sleep in the day when Anderson does - I never did with Megan but I often had 40 winks with Noah and it so helps!!!

Glad your new purchases have made you happy - its amazing how normal clothes make us feel like women again x

Well he had a long sleep this afternoon so I used the time to sit with my feet up catching up on some telly with a cuppa. I decided to put him to bed so I could lie down too and he got woken up by the ice cream going past! He wouldn't settle again!

Bloody ice cream vans - we have one twice a day outside our back garden - you can imagine the pestering I get - did you see Ant & Dec a couple of weeks ago - the lady had told her children that the ice cream man only played the music when he had run out of ice cream - I laughed but I can see myself using that excuse at some point with Noah

Hope you had a good night last night and enjoying today x

Bloody ice cream vans - we have one twice a day outside our back garden - you can imagine the pestering I get - did you see Ant & Dec a couple of weeks ago - the lady had told her children that the ice cream man only played the music when he had run out of ice cream - I laughed but I can see myself using that excuse at some point with Noah

Hope you had a good night last night and enjoying today x

I am offically ready to kill the ice cream man!! Took him out for a walk yesterday afternoon, got him off to sleep and when I got round the corner from my house, the ice cream van came past with the music going! The poor wee fella got woken up and started crying!!

The last couple of days have been good, I'm actually enjoying my time with LO. The diet is not going so well and part of me is honestly tempted to give up!

Don't give up - it doesn't matter that your not sticking to it - what matters is you and your lovely little family - keep posting - it will click for you in time xxx

ps i remember how easy newborns wake up - when we had megan she would be sound asleep in her bedroom - Paul would open a bag of crisps or a can of coke and she would scream the house down - Noah was different, he slept thru everything xxx

Back