+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Could I have the recipe for your chicken soup, pretty please?

i just fry some finely chopped onion, garlic, carrot and celery in some Fry Light till soft.....then in goes some chicken stock (about 700ml ) ,a whole chicken breast and some chunks of potato which i simmer gently for about 30 mins...if you use floury potatoes it'll thicken the soup a little bit as it cooks.....i'll add the pasta for the last 6 mins or so (cooking times vary) ...once it's done i cut the chicken into shreds and sprinkle the soup with a bit of parsley and a little bit of parmesan cheese ( one HEA for 2 portions of soup )

hope that helps :)
xx

p.s. you could also use chicken thighs instead of breast ;)

Chocolate cake with white chocolate topping and berries, less than 8 syns for the whole cake -

IMAG0582-1.jpg

Emily

i just fry some finely chopped onion, garlic, carrot and celery in some Fry Light till soft.....then in goes some chicken stock (about 700ml ) ,a whole chicken breast and some chunks of potato which i simmer gently for about 30 mins...if you use floury potatoes it'll thicken the soup a little bit as it cooks.....i'll add the pasta for the last 6 mins or so (cooking times vary) ...once it's done i cut the chicken into shreds and sprinkle the soup with a bit of parsley and a little bit of parmesan cheese ( one HEA for 2 portions of soup )

hope that helps :)
xx

p.s. you could also use chicken thighs instead of breast ;)

Thank you!!!! I will try that out soon. Have so many new recipes from this site that I now need to try, love it! :)

Wow, every day i'm impressed by the number of yummy looking low-syn desserts! That looks delish Emily (and even got some superfree in :)), could you post the recipe pls? Thanks!

The recipe is on my blog ( Luh luh loser.: Chocolate cake - 1 syn per slice or 7.5 for the whole cake! ), it really is a nice treat... obviously it doesn't taste quite as good as one-million-calorie-cake but it's the closest thing I've had in ages.

One thing I would suggest that I left out on my blog though - I used frozen raspberries that had been defrosted and all the water that comes out of them makes a really lovely sauce! Drizzle a bit on top and it looks even fancier :)

Emily

Classic fry up!

(fry's sausages, fake bacon, beetroot, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and cheezly)

FryUp.jpg

And they say vegans can't get protein, pah! :p

Tagliatelle with mushroom and ricotta (HEXA) "pesto"
Scarambled eggs with smoked salmon and mascarpone (HEXA) on toast (HEXB)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 154
Having a cooking afternoon today............. here is the first of my yummies :)

001-26.jpg

Tomato and basil soup from the new magazine

003-14.jpg

The gingerbread 'men' made in to biscuits as no man cutter!

002-20.jpg

The syn free onion marmalade

004-12.jpg

Spiced Tomato and apple chutney - reasonably SW friendly - will work out the syns in a min

007-8.jpg

Tonights dinner Sweet tuna cakes

005-11.jpg

Quince Jelly ( not really SW friendly as the total batch used 3lbs of sugar!! and made 6 jars.

Did you make the 30 gingerbread biscuits?

We made the ginger bread men yesterday, but made ours into Halloween biscuits :) I am going to add some icing later, well the kids will anyway!!

i found the mix went really really sticky, don't know where I went wrong, but ended up adding extra flour to the mix.

Did you make the 30 gingerbread biscuits?

I only made 15 as i did 1/2 the recipe.
I needed to roll them thinner, they were a bit dry inside. I also found them not very gingery.

I think there is potential for them, just think i'll do some tweaking and see if i can improve them, thouht i might try and add some stem ginger, or chrystalised ginger. It'll up the syns, but they need something.

001-27.jpg

Todays lunch, my quorn ham, egg and chips. with potato and BNS chips ( done with the poundland basket) and syn free onion marmalade............ YUM

DSC00609.jpg
BBQ chickpea stew and couscous

DSC00610.jpg

Really just posting for the onion gravy, which was brilliant!

I only made 15 as i did 1/2 the recipe.
I needed to roll them thinner, they were a bit dry inside. I also found them not very gingery.

I think there is potential for them, just think i'll do some tweaking and see if i can improve them, thouht i might try and add some stem ginger, or chrystalised ginger. It'll up the syns, but they need something.

I made these too and they were horrible, so much so I chucked them in the bin...my mixture was too sticky too

Wow! That looks gorgeous! Is that the one from the new Xmas cookbook? xx

No because I can't use geletine.

Ingredients

10 Fox's crinkle crunch butter biscuits
1 egg white
2x sachets lemon and lime flavoured sugar free jelly crystals
...1lb/454g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
250g very low fat natural cottage cheese
8oz/227g very low fat natural fromage frais
1-2tbsp granulated sweetner (optional)
4 tbsp Baileys

2 tbsp caster sugar
1tbsp water
1/2 tsp cocoa powder

Method

1. Pre heat oven to 190c/gas 5. Grease and line am 8"/20cm spring clip cake tin with baking parchment. Place the buscuits in a clean plastic bag and holding the end shut, crush finely with a rolling pin.

2. In a bowl lightly beat 1 egg white, add the crushed biscuits and mix well. Transfere into the cake tin and with the back of a wetted metal spoon press evenly over the base (takes some time to cover the whole surface). Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.

3. Dissolve the jelly crystals in half pint/284ml boiling water and set aside to cool. In another bowl place the quark and seive in the cottage cheese to remove any lumps. Beat together with the fromage frais. Add the Baileysand mix well. Cover and chill till required.

4. When the jelly is cool, beat the liquid jelly into the cheese mixture, add sweetner if using. Pile on top of the crushed biscuits and smooth the top. Chill for 2 hrs until set.

5. To serve, place the sugar and water into a pan and heat until the sugar disolves. Boil for 3-4 minutes until golden then immediately drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle on the cocoa.

Last edited:
Back