+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I had sortingoutmylife's low syn pasta pesto tonight. I used

4 EL Laughing Cow triangles (hexa)
2 tsp Gourment Garden basil (1 syn)
1 clove garlic
black pepper
griddle roasted courgette and red pepper

With spinach, baby toms and krisprolls rubbed with garlic (hexb)

It was lovely! :D

oh7nnt.jpg

Can one of you experts please tell me how to upload pics onto here??? I 'go advanced' browse my pics choose one, click upload it says 'waiting for minimins.com' then says 'done' but theres nothing on the thread. GGGGRRRRRRRRR

Furrysmudge - I posted my pic by uploading it at tinypic.com then pasting the code straight into the post. There is a way of doing it using "manage attachments" when you "go advanced" but I couldn't work it out last night. Kept timing out.

Grumbletumble - I just rubbed a garlic clove over the jaggy side. Guess you could warm it up, but I didn't. I would be tempted to cover it in cheese and japalenos and call it a pizza finger!

My lunch was delicious, I love the stuff from Trader Joes as most of their stuff is ingredients you can recognise and not heaps of additives etc.

The wholegrain pilaf contained soyabeans, pearl millet (I love this stuff), tomato, onion and herbs and spices and works out as 1.5 syn for a half a microwave pouch which was more than enough. I haven't seen pearl millet on it's own to buy, but am going to keep an eye out for it now, so I can make some syn free recipes with it as an alternative to brown rice etc.

I served it up with some roasted veggies (courgette, tomatoes, peppers, red onion and carrot).

34y38z9.jpg

So many tasty looking meals! Here's some soup I made the other day:

dsc00092bc.jpg
Curried vegetable soup.

dsc00099kz.jpg

Here's dinner! Stir fry with beef mince, veggies and rice noodles

IMG00327-20110202-1853.jpg

LOL!! Britmum we should just get married and call it a day :D

Here's what we had for dinner tonight. Eggy chilli rice with honey scallops & squid and steamed veg

IMG00329-20110203-1841.jpg

IMG00328-20110203-1841.jpg

IMG00331-20110203-1843.jpg

Served up!
IMG00332-20110203-1847.jpg

mmmm that looks delicious Honeyoc, can you send some my way please :p

Scallops seem to be really expensive here, no idea why and considering yours were Canadian ones (I think) you would think they would be quite cheap.

I could live off seafood, my favourite food ever. I was in heaven when we spent part of our honeymoon in San Fran, OMG the crab chowder served in sourdough bread bowls on fishermans wharf are to die for.

I got mine for £5.99, not sure how that compares to Canadian prices. You're right, they are Canadian scallops. It would be ironic having Canadian scallops cheaper here than over there lol. Oooh San fransisco is next on my list of places to visit! I've always been an East coast girl, I think it's time to explore the west!

I got mine for £5.99, not sure how that compares to Canadian prices. You're right, they are Canadian scallops. It would be ironic having Canadian scallops cheaper here than over there lol. Oooh San fransisco is next on my list of places to visit! I've always been an East coast girl, I think it's time to explore the west!

San francisco is my favourite place ever. We spent 4 nights there as part of our honeymoon, but it was nowhere near enough for time me, I fell in love with the place. I want to go again at some point. Infact I would love to live there, but it is SOOOOO expensive.

If you are anything like me, you will totally love it there. An amazing place and so pretty with all the buildings etc. You can also work off the calories from the meals out, by walking up all the hills lol

Mind you Massachusets is amazing too, all that New England lobster :)

The scallops are probably not all that different then going by your price. Think they are about 10 dollars or similar for a pack. But you would expect them to be cheaper really.

That looks beautiful Just_Eleanor, I think I might make some minestrone tomorrow! I like to put a little bacon in mine. Yum :D

Felt like pizza. This came out quite nice and filling (for 1.5 syns + 1 HEXa + 1 HEXb). Had it with syn free chips.

*EDIT: this will be half a syn if using passata instead of 2 tbsp of tomato puree like I did!

Attachments

• P2050023.jpg
    P2050023.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Back