+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

*Emsie* said:
What spices etc did you use on your chicken noodle stir fry? It looks really tasty!

It was diet coke chicken with 5 spice and really tasty.

alfsmummy11 said:
Ryvita and curry rice.....please tell more xx

Ryita is just natural yog with diced cucumber 1 tbs mint sauce &1 tbs sweetener mix together and yeh presto!!!
And curry rice is just the batchelors packet stuff xx

Enjoy mate you have to let your hair down once in a while!!
I just love Indian meals especially nann breads (so very naughty I know)xx

I did............. I feel absolutely stuffed now.

Think there has been some mix up with spellings lol.. It wasnt ryVita ( as in the crisp bread!) but RAITA which is a yogurt and cucumber dip. OP spelled as ryita but its def not ryvita lol... that would be gross.....lol lol

*honey said:
I did............. I feel absolutely stuffed now.

Think there has been some mix up with spellings lol.. It wasnt ryVita ( as in the crisp bread!) but RAITA which is a yogurt and cucumber dip. OP spelled as ryita but its def not ryvita lol... that would be gross.....lol lol

Lol I've only just noticed that!!! No def not ryvita that would be yuck!!!

Glad u enjoyed your night out ;0) x

wednesday was green day sw quiche

green day quiche.jpg

thursday was toad in the hole

toad in the hole.jpg

friday was a sw chicken kebab with asda pitta (heb) syn free chilli sauce and garlic mayo (2syn)

chicken kebab.jpg

saturday was curry feast, green day - rice free, mushroom curry free, spinach and potato curry free, chicken curry (heb), onion bhajis (1 syn each)

curryfeast.jpg

and today roast pork dinner, veg free, yorkie 3 sins, gravy 2 sins. potato and parsnip (heb)

roast pork.jpg

mmmmmm and double mmmmmm

^^^
Those meals look amazing. I have never found a curry I like on sw, tried a few recipes, but always feel something is missing. Probably all the ghee!
Going to have to try again.

^^^
Those meals look amazing. I have never found a curry I like on sw, tried a few recipes, but always feel something is missing. Probably all the ghee!
Going to have to try again.
hi, try the classic chicken curry if you havent already but i would say maybe use half as much clove powder or even leave it out as i found that a bit overpowering. the spinach and sweet potato curry is lovely but i use half potato and half sweet potato. gladly give you the recipes if you havent got them, i use the hardback curry feast book. i did try the tikka masala and didnt like it. i know what you mean tho. xx

bloody hell i feel hungry now:eating:
me too looking back at them this morning, gosh i wish i had a chef at home , cos i'd like to come in and have them ready for me. its the whole working all day , go home, sort out kids , then plan the dinner and fall into bed exhausted.
worth all the effort tho.

pebbles67 said:
hi, try the classic chicken curry if you havent already but i would say maybe use half as much clove powder or even leave it out as i found that a bit overpowering. the spinach and sweet potato curry is lovely but i use half potato and half sweet potato. gladly give you the recipes if you havent got them, i use the hardback curry feast book. i did try the tikka masala and didnt like it. i know what you mean tho. xx
Thanks pebbles, the potato curry recipe would be great, will have a look for the classic one, sure its on here somewhere.

Thanks pebbles, the potato curry recipe would be great, will have a look for the classic one, sure its on here somewhere.
yeah no problem at all;
1lb 8oz / 681g sweet potato (i use half sweet and half normal.
1 onion red or white
1/2 pint veg stock
60z/170g spinach
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 tsp each of ground coriander, ground cumin and curry powder
3 tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh coriander
low fat yogurt to garnish if required

serves 4, ready in 25mins, syn free on green.

peel and dice potatoes , chop onion, place in a pan with the stock bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins.

crush garlic and chop the chilli, add to the potato with the spices and cook for 2 mins. chop the tomatoes and add to the pan with the spinach and coriander. simmer for 10 minutes until potato is tender . serve with yogurt on top if required.

enjoy. pebbles x

I have adapted an old family curry recipe to be sw friendly and it's delish. Only downside is I don't measure my spices, it's all done to taste, depending on how hot u like it, etc, I've been making it so long now I just throw it together, but it's a really tasty non diet tasting and non tomatoey tasting curry! I find a lot of the sw use tinned tomatoes and I'm not a huge fan of tomatoey curry.

If you're interested I could give you the recipe so you could have a bash at it or next time I make it I could weigh the ingredients and give you exact measurments?

Kankles said:
I have adapted an old family curry recipe to be sw friendly and it's delish. Only downside is I don't measure my spices, it's all done to taste, depending on how hot u like it, etc, I've been making it so long now I just throw it together, but it's a really tasty non diet tasting and non tomatoey tasting curry! I find a lot of the sw use tinned tomatoes and I'm not a huge fan of tomatoey curry.

If you're interested I could give you the recipe so you could have a bash at it or next time I make it I could weigh the ingredients and give you exact measurments?

Sounds good, I like to play about a bit so just rough amounts would be fine, I guess I will be having curry this weekend :)
Thanks pebbles for the recipe.

Ohhhhhhh me too, me too, can I have the recipe too please.? I hate tinned tomatoes. Thank You thank you thank you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok here goes, it may sound completely diff but honest to god give it a try!

Serves 4
1lb diced beef or lamb
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves crushed
Curry powder to taste (I use quite a lot in mine as I tend to cook curry for 6 as my whole family comes to steel some!)
1 tsp paprika
1-2 tsp cayenne pepper (depending how hot u like it)
1 tbsp tomato purée
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp fenugreek (optional)
1/2 pint semi skimmed milk
1 pint water
1 sweetner or 1 tsp granulated sweetner

Merhod:
Fry the Meet and onions
Add spices & soy sauce & tomato puree
Add milk & water and simmer for 20 mins

Taste and just keep adding some of the above ingredients to your likeing. I use the madras curry powder from asda in world food section. Comes in a bag. If it tastes watery add more spices, if it tastes too powdery add a drop of milk. All of the above are guestimates so just keep playing till it comes right.

I sometimes add cubed new potatoes, peas, mushrooms and a boiled egg into my curry! Curried boiled eggs are to die for.

Only syns are tomato purée and milk if not using as hex.

Thankyou, will be having a go this weekend :)

Back