+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Had a really yummy breakfast today!! Smeared 85g ricotta cheese (HEA) on two slices toast topped with a drizzle of honey and sliced banana. Soooo delicious, tasted like banana bread! Yum!

e62f684e.jpg

I love banana on toast, is a brekkie favourite

Here's what we had for dinner last night!

Roasted chicken pieces with balsamic roast veggies (used potatoes, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. All in olive oil - HEB)
IMG00513-20110521-2059.jpg

My HUGE portion :D
IMG00514-20110521-2101.jpg

Only just seen this, and it is very similar to something I had tonight. I had leftovers of my lemon chilli chicken, but grilled some asparagus and tomatoes to go with it.

Your dish looks delicious.

Tonight we had spiced lamb cutlets, couscous and roast veg. It was delicious and had lots of leftover lamb to stuff in pitta bread for lunch tomorrow :D

DH helped me barbecue the lamb
IMG00517-20110522-1957.jpg

Roast veg
IMG00518-20110522-2000.jpg

Served up
IMG00520-20110522-2003.jpg

arrrghhhh you have me craving lamb again.

this looks lovely.

LOL Britmum we'd make perfect flat mates!

Emsie here's how I make the Chinese fish, it serves 6 and is 2 syns per serving.
Take a pack of pak choi and cut lengthways, arrange in an oven dish. On top of the pak choi arrange 6 fillets of any fish of your choice, my favourites are salmon and sea bass. You can even use prawns or any selection of seafood.

Slice sone spring onions and finely chop some garlic, chilli, ginger and sprinkle over the fish. Drizzle 4tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 1 tbsp sesame oil over the fish. Add a few coriander leaves, cover with foil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes (it takes a surprisingly long time lol) at 190C.

When its cooked it produces a lot of delicious juices at the bottom of the dish. Serve with boiled rice or noodles and pour the juices over the rice. Very yum and convenient because you can arrange everything in the dish and keep in the fridge until you're ready to cook!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emsie here's how I make the Chinese fish, it serves 6 and is 2 syns per serving.
Take a pack of pak choi and cut lengthways, arrange in an oven dish. On top of the pak choi arrange 6 fillets of any fish of your choice, my favourites are salmon and sea bass. You can even use prawns or any selection of seafood.

Slice sone spring onions and finely chop some garlic, chilli, ginger and sprinkle over the fish. Drizzle 4tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 1 tbsp sesame oil over the fish. Add a few coriander leaves, cover with foil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes (it takes a surprisingly long time lol) at 190C.

When its cooked it produces a lot of delicious juices at the bottom of the dish. Serve with boiled rice or noodles and pour the juices over the rice. Very yum and convenient because you can arrange everything in the dish and keep in the fridge until you're ready to cook!

sounds divine. I have some salmon fillets I might do this with.

Honeyoc said:

This sounds amazing def going to have to try this. Going shopping tomorrow so going to have to pick up some fish and give it a go thanks x

Yay! You'll both love it! We had our neighbour round for dinner tonight so I thought I'd make an effort lol. I made a summer fish stew with rice and steamed carrots;

Pancakes016.jpg

Picked up some delicious looking crab at the fishmongers today, I might make a crab curry this weekend... Mmmmm :D

Marmite & Cheese Loaf - scan bran & weetabix mixed with cheese & marmite.

Taco soup - chicken mince with chilli spices, pinto beans, black beans and corn

Attachments

• IMG_8888.jpg
    IMG_8888.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_8890.jpg
    IMG_8890.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_8893.jpg
    IMG_8893.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_8891.jpg
    IMG_8891.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IMG_8894.jpg
    IMG_8894.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 225
StaceyUK said:
Marmite & Cheese Loaf - scan bran & weetabix mixed with cheese & marmite.

Taco soup - chicken mince with chilli spices, pinto beans, black beans and corn

Ooh stacy what's the recipe for the marmite & cheese loaf please x

Cheese & Marmite Loaf

1 HEX A and 1 HEX B plus 2 syns for whole loaf

4 scan bran
1 weetabix
42g reduced fat cheese
2 heaped tsp marmite
3 eggs

Break the scan bran in half into a bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 1 min. Drain and crumble in the weetabix. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Pour into a mini loaf tin (it will come right to the top so put it on a baking tray or on some foil in the oven) or into any small tin. Bake on 180 for 30 mins.

I got this recipe from a facebook scan bran page! It makes a very dense and very filling 'bread' and a great change from sweet scan bran!

This one's nothing special to look at but I actually remembered to take a picture of my dinner before scoffing it for once and wanted to share :D

It's Iceland southern fried chicken breast steaks (5 syns each), boiled new potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette, carrot & swede julliene (cant spell) and peas :D
Nom nom nom!

Attachments

• DSC00103.jpg
    DSC00103.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 264
Had a lovely tea tonight - curried pork brocehettes out of a SW book I found in library, was only 2 syns for 25 balls (not that I ate that many)... saintly and yummy!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 254
Had a lovely tea tonight - curried pork brocehettes out of a SW book I found in library, was only 2 syns for 25 balls (not that I ate that many)... saintly and yummy!!

ooh I like the look of that, can we have the recipe? :)

ooh I like the look of that, can we have the recipe? :)

Here you go.... oh and Emsie, I'll swop you for some of that quiche, looks lovely.

Ingredients
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
4 spring onions finely chopped
2lb lean pork mince
2 tbsp curry powder
2oz very low fat natural yog
zest and juice of lime (I used lemon and was fine)

Add everything into a bowl, stir well and leave for a couple of hours for flavours to infuse, shape into balls (I made 25 - recipe says 32) and put on skewer, grill for approx 10 mins until cooked, serve with salad and dip (made with yogurt left overs and dried herbs). Yummy!! (P.S - my mixture was a bit sloppy so added one slice of ww bread to firm it up a bit, will use less yogurt next time) xxx

Yummy, thanks, that looks like an excuse for a barbecue :)

Back