+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I made those mung bean wraps!! They were delicious and very easy to make. They're basically beany crepes lol. Very yum! Here's the recipe and instructions An exciting discovery « Spice and more
I think I made mine a little too thin, I'll make a thicker one tomorrow. I only did one and the rest of the batter is in the fridge. I have enough to make about 8 so I think I'll freeze whats left.
I soaked my mung beans for two days because they were the whole beans, not split beans and I drained most of the water but left a little in the bowl. Basically poured out all the water until there was nothing covering the beans but a little at the bottom of the bowl, if that makes sense. Then I blended it all and added a little salt and mixed well. Spreading it on to the crepe pan was a little tricky so I just scooped a bit at a time and spread it with a spatula, kind of like plastering a wall lol! The result was a very yummy beany crepey wrap! I filled it with grilled haddock, shredded lettuce, salsa, gherkins and a mayo yogurt dressing. Another SW discovery to add to my list of staples! 100lb to Lose thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

9ce2c64b.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

Ok - so I have had my beans soaking for 2 days as they are whole beans. They have even sprouted!!

What I want to see is, I don't have a crepe pan, will a frylighted frying pan be ok, & do i still need to make sure its really hot first? I'm worried that if I have to spread the batter with a spoon it might burn??

Yes you can use a regular pan, just make sure it's nice and wide so you're not stuck with a teeny wrap lol! Cook the wrap in a medium hot pan, not screaming hot. The batter spreads easily so don't worry, it should be the consistency of American pancake batter.

Happy cooking!

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the wraps. I am happy that I found them and decided to post the link.

I will post again if I find anything else interesting.

Kat
X

Fantastic thread, so many ideas, so much to choose from. Keep up the good work x

I tried the bean wraps today after soaking the beans for 48 hours :) I did mine in a large frying pan with fry light & spread the mixture with a spoon- It would have come out really well if i hadn't been impatient & wacked the heat up & tried to turn it over too soon....It broke up! So the next one i will have a bit more patience :) I had a nibble and it tasted really good! I'm looking forward to having one for lunch tomorrow-

Thanks again for the recipe 100lbs to lose :)

ooo those wraps are getting tried this week :)

Breakfast: French toast with ricotta cheese, honey and fruit!
IMG_3058.jpg

Dinner: plain omelette with spinach & tomatoes
IMG_3084.jpg

Wow why is my picture so BIG?????

Honeyoc your food pics always make me want to eat!!! I love your style of cooking, everything looks scrummy!

here is the latest creation.................

Pete’s Mong/Moong Bean Pizza

Serves 4

Ingredients

250g Mong/Moong Beans, soaked for 24hrs
300ml Passata

“Toppings”

56g cheddar cheese, grated
84g mozzarella cheese
Chorizos slices 0.5 syn each
1 Red pepper
1 chilli, deseeded

Method

Soak the mung/moong beans for a minimum 24 hrs, changing the water several times, drain through a sieve, save the water.
Place into a food processor and if the beans don’t appear to liquidise add water until they do.
Pour into a small frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook for about 4 mins then turn over and cook the other side. Allow to cool.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.

Coat the Pizza base with the Passata,
Add your choice of “Toppings”

Preheat the oven to 200c and using an oven mat place on the middle shelf for 20 mins or until the toppings are cooked.

And to finish off!......................

Pete’s Fruity Egg Custards

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg
Strawberries
Grapes

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Place fruit in the base of the ramekins.
Pour into ramekins and add more fruit to fill any voids then sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Attachments

• Mong Bean Pizza (Large).JPG
    Mong Bean Pizza (Large).JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Mung Bean Pizza (before) (Large).JPG
    Mung Bean Pizza (before) (Large).JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Mung Bean Pizza (after) (Large).JPG
    Mung Bean Pizza (after) (Large).JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Fruity Egg Custards (Large).JPG
    Fruity Egg Custards (Large).JPG