+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Lily42uk said:
Thanks Kieragh, that really helps, I can see already where I made a few errors, I thought the mix was too thick, and the pan seemed very hot and that because the mix was thick it was going into the pan too thick...seems I may have made all the same mistakes if I'm honest.
I am not going to give up with them as the taste was really fabulous, I love beans, lentils and any other kind of pulse going. Will let you know how I get on and if I succeed I'll post a picture.
Thanks again xx

Ur welcome :) tis worth it, I had them for lunch next day & v yummy. Good luck x

Made a lobster dinner! Got the lobsters from here Buy Fresh or Frozen Fish, Seafood, Lobster, Crab online delivered UK | Fishmongers with best prices | Suppliers of live lobsters or prawns for delivery. and I just boiled them in salted water. Served with crushed potatoes with olive oil and spring onions and sauteed cauliflower and tomatoes. Next time I make this I'll just have it with a simple rocket salad. Definitely a lot going on here but I wanted a filling dinner and then had to think of my superfree as well lol!

It was a bit traumatic boiling the lobsters, DH had to do the deed and cover the pot and I took over from there. Got over it pretty quickly though lol. Vegetarians look away!

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

What was left at the end of dinner lol. I'm determined to get my money's worth from these lobsters so I'm planning on making a lobster bisque from the shells. It'll be a challenge to make it SW friendly but that's the fun part!
IMG_3355.jpg

It was delicious! But messy, DH and I had to wash our hands up to our elbows after dinner :eek:

:eek: Were they alive when you cooked them or just frozen ones? :eek:

I've heard they make screaming noises if they go in alive... Not for the faint hearted that's for sure!

They were alive! I didn't hear any screaming noises though...

Thank goodness! My Mum told me that if you drop them into boiling water (a rolling boil I presume) that they make really high pitched screaming noises

elb4160 said:
Thank goodness! My Mum told me that if you drop them into boiling water (a rolling boil I presume) that they make really high pitched screaming noises

:eek: if I'd have heard screaming noises I think I would have become a vegetarian instantly!

I love lobster, I've heard (but not sure how true it is) that lobsters are still technically alive even after freezing and some have actually come back to life after being thawed out!

The horror stories are starting :eek: hahaha! :D

I've never tried it and don't think I ever will if I have to prepare it myself to be honest!

It was delicious! But messy, DH and I had to wash our hands up to our elbows after dinner :eek:

The best lobster I ever had was in a restaurant on Plymouth Harbour in Massachussetts, we had been on a whale watching trip while staying with friends there and afterwards they took us into the restaurant for a meal. It was obviously as fresh as you can get, locally caught that day and was pure heaven.

We did have to wear these silly little bibs, but it was so worth it. It did involve dipping all the lobster in melted butter though, but so so good. lol

The chowder with fresh hot baked bread was good too.

Yesterdays recipe........

Pete’s Spiced Minced Beef & Vegetable Couscous

Serves 2

Free Ee
* 2.5 syn if using apricots

Ingredients

150g minced beef
100g couscous
200mL hot vegetable stock
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
50g green beans (or broad beans)
50g peas
1 courgette, finely chopped
*10 pieces/56g ready to eat apricots, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint

Method

Tip 100g of Couscous into a glass heatproof dish and add the hot vegetable stock, (add chopped apricots if required) mix together then cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10-15 mins .

Spray a deep frying pan, or wok, with Fry Light, cook the onions until transparent, then add beef and cook for 5 mins, add the veg, except for the tomato, cook for a further 5 mins, add spices and cook for 2 mins.
Add the tomato to the couscous and mix with the beef, eat immediately.

Serve with a side salad.

Attachments

• Spiced Beef & Vegetables (Large).JPG
    Spiced Beef & Vegetables (Large).JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 158
I think if you put the lobsters in the freezer for a 10 mins or so this puts them to sleep before you put them in the boiling water.

ninnins said:
I think if you put the lobsters in the freezer for a 10 mins or so this puts them to sleep before you put them in the boiling water.

Yeh I think that's right too. I used to work in a restaurant and that's what they did x

Yeh I think that's right too. I used to work in a restaurant and that's what they did x

Yeah that's what I did. I couldn't deal with it if it was still squirming around! :eek: maybe thats why I didn't hear the squeaking lol

Back