+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I was hesitant about eating this as its really tastes fattening its four humungous portions and a bowl for lunch next day, but the weeks I have eaten I've lost, I used to make for two 8oz of rice one pint boiling chicken if you have only a few.
Dont change rice and you need a good nonstick wok. Its scrummy.

Coincidentally the libra is the one of two I'm considering.

The blender you mention is it part of this set of a different one I have a jug blender that would not do chickpeas?
Have you a link to what you use?

Yes it came as a whole set with the jug blender and food processor. Blending chickpeas is almost impossible lol, I just use the food processor. I'm assuming you're blending the chickpeas for falafels? They don't need to be liquidised so the processor is fine. The mung beans blend easily in a blender though!

Dinner - grilled chicken breast, baked potato with sage & butter and sauteed spinach

IMG_3451.jpg

LUNCH
Lunch was a GORGEOUS salad of watercress and spinach leaves, fresh figs, procuitto, tomatoes, light cheddar cheese (A) and boiled eggs! Very filling too!
IMG_3476.jpg

DINNER
Fried rice with sauteed green beans, tender stem broccoli & carrots and pan fried sea bass
IMG_3500-2.jpg

Jo* said:
Did you cook that Pebbles or is it takeaway and if not takeaway is the recipe on here....off to search!!!!!

Hi no not a take away, its my recipe - i used veg I had left in fridge so change amounts to suit yourself

A pack of stir fry beef
1/2 Red and 1/2 green pepper
1/2 courgette
1 onion
1/4 White cabbage
1 carrot
1tsp garlic granules or 1 crushed garlic
1tsp lazy chillies or half a red chilli
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp ginger purée/ lazy ginger etc
Teasp Chinese five spice

Heat wok and spray with fry light, chop or slice courgette carrot cabbage, onion, peppers and mushrooms and add to wok. When almost done transfer to a dish, stir fry the beef , add garlic, ginger chilli and Chinese five spice until brown , add veg and 2 tbsp oyster sauce. Stir fry for 2 mins and serve . The only syns are oyster sauce. Check yours based on 20 cal per syn. Mine worked out 1.5 per serving.

Last edited:
Tried butternut squash for the first time yesterday and made a soup here is the recipe............

Pete’s Butternut Squash Curry Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

425g/half a Butternut Squash, cut into 30mm cubes (leave the skin on) remove seeds.
750g chicken stock
1 tbsp. madras curry powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light, cook the onion until soft, add curry powder, add the cut butternut squash, along with the carrot & celery bring to the boil and then simmer for 30-40 mins until everything is soft. Season with salt & pepper.
Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender.

When buying butternut squash check that it sounds hollow when tapped, is a good orange colour with no bruises or green tinge.

They store well in a cool room wrapped in a dark paper bag, NOT in a plastic bag as it will rot!

Attachments

• Butternut Squash Curry Soup (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry Soup (Large).JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 108
LUNCH
Lunch was a GORGEOUS salad of watercress and spinach leaves, fresh figs, procuitto, tomatoes, light cheddar cheese (A) and boiled eggs! Very filling too!
IMG_3476.jpg

DINNER
Fried rice with sauteed green beans, tender stem broccoli & carrots and pan fried sea bass
IMG_3500-2.jpg

that all looks delicious honey (as usual lol), I feel like a broken record.

I was really excited doing my grocery shopping yesterday. I was in the yoghurt section and spotted a Fig and Date flavoured Greek Yoghurt, I actually thought of you as I put it in my trolley, as I figured it would be something you would like. I havent yet tried it, but will let you know what it is like. Is 0% though, so is probably going to have a little bit of that horrid taste, but thought I would get it to try anyway.

Roast chicken and the trimmings :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110904_185154.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110904_185154.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 196
Sunday Lunch
Chicken wrappped in bacon, with roasted,butternut squash,potatoes,onions,parsnip,carrots& peas with a side salad.

Attachments

• Chicken Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    Chicken Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 278
Red Pepper Houmous mung bean wraps with butternut squash chips for my tea. Still not sure about the texture though!

Attachments

• SDC10991.jpg
    SDC10991.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 174
  • SDC10992.jpg
    SDC10992.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 211
that all looks delicious honey (as usual lol), I feel like a broken record.

I was really excited doing my grocery shopping yesterday. I was in the yoghurt section and spotted a Fig and Date flavoured Greek Yoghurt, I actually thought of you as I put it in my trolley, as I figured it would be something you would like. I havent yet tried it, but will let you know what it is like. Is 0% though, so is probably going to have a little bit of that horrid taste, but thought I would get it to try anyway.

LOL! Aww thanks Britmum, it's pretty clear we have identical taste in food! Ooh I'm excited to hear what you think of the yogurt. I've been buying some 0% fruit corner Greek yogurts and they've been really really lovely, surprisingly good! Here's a link https://www.ocado.com/webshop/getSearchProducts.do?clearTabs=yes&entry=0%+Greek+yogurt I'm sure the one you found will be yum as well. I wish I could find fig flavoure yogurts here!

Last edited:
Back