+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

image.jpg

Chicken and asparagus risotto - syn free :eek:)

As a newbie on here, can I only post so many pics at a time? I've tried to post a couple more but they wont upload for some reason

Looks yummy! Could you post the recipe, please? x

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

There is a whole thread on here just on on this sauce - I pinched it from there.

I don't time anything when cooking, just check as I go.

i put chicken breasts in the oven to part cook.

I wrapped bacon (all fat removed) around them and smother them in BBQ sauce and put back in the oven until the chicken cooked. I then put 40g reduced fat cheddar (healthy extra "a") over the top and put in the oven until it bubbles.

Delicious

xx

^^Liking the sound of that-Know what we are having for sun nights tea :) Yummy. xxx

Here are some of my latest meals:
Turkey kebabs

Turkey Kebabs (Small).JPG
Salmon , noodles,plum & hoisin sauce
Salmon, Noodles & Plum & Hoisin sauce (Small).JPG
Yuk sung
Yuk Sung.JPG

Reading this thread is making me soooo hungry. Lucky I have some chicken in the oven which I will have with jersey royals (boiled with fresh mint) and some veg (yet to be decided) or else I would be struggling on day 3.

This thread should come with a warning like shopping - do not read when hungry! :p

Chicken curry
DSCF3322.jpgDSCF3323.jpgDSCF3324.jpg

Beef lasagne
DSCF3318.jpgDSCF3319.jpg

Honey chilli chicken & 'Fried' Noodles
DSCF3312.jpg

Last edited:
Back