+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Oooo Im so going to make that soon.

Chicken Dhansak with Vegetable Pilau Rice

I made this last night and it was soo good! Used BritMum's lemon chilli chicken recipe but added red lentils to bulk it out as I was using chicken as HEX B on a green day. Delicious! And the rice is the best I've ever had of homemade rice. Steaming it is definitely the way to cook it! See recipe thread for rice recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_5119.JPG
    IMG_5119.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 458
DSC00416.jpg

The low syn chocolate brownies

Brownies look yummy! What's the verdict? Worth 3 syns a piece? Are they chocolatey enough? I'm wondering whether the options gives it enough choc kick.

What kind of texture are they? Cakey or fudgey? Only asking as I love fudgey brownies but not cakey ones! LOL

Might have to make this for taster night and add a big (or whole bottle) of red food colouring to them for the Ruby buffet!

Brownies look yummy! What's the verdict? Worth 3 syns a piece? Are they chocolatey enough? I'm wondering whether the options gives it enough choc kick.

What kind of texture are they? Cakey or fudgey? Only asking as I love fudgey brownies but not cakey ones! LOL

Might have to make this for taster night and add a big (or whole bottle) of red food colouring to them for the Ruby buffet!

They are inbetween cakey and fudgey, really nice flavour and texture to them. Although you might want to add 100g of options instead of 75g to knock up the chocolate.

I am making them along with strawberry cupcakes for the Ruby party next week.

Fun fact (or not): I made them and put them in a bag to take to class with me today, then I got off the bus and realised I had left them on the bus! :mad:

Oh no! Bet someone loved them!!!

Here's my dinner tonight - slow cooker adobo pork, broc/cauli mashed with LCL, & honey glazed butternut squash.

The pork is sooooo good (also nice with chicken) and the easiest thing ever to make.

Adobo Pork

1 pork loin joint
1 red onion, halved and sliced
8 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/2 cup white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
3/4 cup (1 bottle) light soy sauce

Throw everything in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. Alternatively, cook in the oven on low for a few hours until tender and the meat falls apart.

Attachments

• IMG_5181.JPG
    IMG_5181.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,832
Oooh Stacey am havin' that Adobo Pork recipe off yer, thankyees!

May I please present to you... extra easy roast dinner, and Original beef stew

2wefig0.jpg

5x3m6d.jpg

Oh, and ultimate breakfast sandwiches made with NIMBLE WHITE BREAD!

wa3bly.jpg

All methods and contents on my blog :D xxx

omg Vix, that looks divine, especially the sausage and egg sarnie, I have been craving proper English sausages, but you can't get them here, they just do hot dogs, or maple flavour breakfast sausages or those big spicy ones.

Finally have my laptop working again. So here is some more pictures for you :D

Crab and Red Pesto Linguine
dsc_0114.jpg

Roasted Jacket Potatoes topped with Bacon, Garlic Mushrooms and Cheese
dsc_0107.jpg

Ahhh Britmum's fab dinners are back making us all jealous!

154v8ms.jpg

EGG FRIED RICE! SYN FREE! OH YES!!

Tastes just like chippy. OH said so, so must be true!

Hey Vixx
How do you get your eggs so lovely.? I fry mine in Fry Light too but they never come out right, either cooked all over but burnt, or cooked nice on the bottom and still gooey on the top. Debs. x

Oooh Stacey am havin' that Adobo Pork recipe off yer, thankyees!

May I please present to you... extra easy roast dinner, and Original beef stew

2wefig0.jpg

5x3m6d.jpg

Oh, and ultimate breakfast sandwiches made with NIMBLE WHITE BREAD!

wa3bly.jpg

All methods and contents on my blog :D xxx

All the meals look absolutley fab. Britmum do you have a recipe for bombay curry.

I tend to do my eggs in a pan with some frylight till they are mostly cooked then finish them off under the grill.

Hey Vixx
How do you get your eggs so lovely.? I fry mine in Fry Light too but they never come out right, either cooked all over but burnt, or cooked nice on the bottom and still gooey on the top. Debs. x

My fried eggs are awesome because I have a teeny tiny little Tefal non stick frying pan, non stick is V V V important.

I squirt the bottom of the pan with frylight, heat on the hob then add the egg. I squirt the top of the egg with more frylight then top the pan with a pan lid that fits over the top. This makes the eggs half fry and half steam, I check after a minute to make sure the egg hasn't stuck, and give the pan a little shake.

Place the pan lid back over the top and fry/steam till the top of the egg looks cooked.

Et voila. Eggstastic! xx

Back