+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Food from this weekend, it was all really yummy. Recipes will be added to the blog tonight :D

Britmums shepherds pie:
s6001821.jpg

Chicken noodle soup:
s6001822.jpg

Beef and ale stew with pastry:
s6001824.jpg

Paella

I'm so excited to have found this thread!! I've always been a huge fan of food photography, my poor hubby always has to wait ages while I take pics of his food, so I'm glad I get the chance to show some yummy dishes!

Here's the lovely paella my husband and I had for dinner yesterday! Serves 4 and only 3syns per serving on an extra easy day! The syns were for the olive oil I used in cooking but you can leave it out for a completely free meal!

thumbasp.jpg

I'm so excited to have found this thread!! I've always been a huge fan of food photography, my poor hubby always has to wait ages while I take pics of his food, so I'm glad I get the chance to show some yummy dishes!

Here's the lovely paella my husband and I had for dinner yesterday! Serves 4 and only 3syns per serving on an extra easy day! The syns were for the olive oil I used in cooking but you can leave it out for a completely free meal!

thumbasp.jpg

i could jump into the screen and eat the whole lot!!! looks lovely!!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Canelloni and SW chips

I have not posted any pictures for ages, but here is something I had the other day.

I made a ragu using pork mince, garlic, herbs. tinned toms and puree, just let it cook till it is nice and thick.
Use it to stuff some pasta tubes.

I made a sauce using pasatta, garlic, herbs and seasoning.

Put a little sauce in the bottom of dish, fill with the prepared tubes, cover with sauce and I topped it with grated HEXa Cheese.

I covered it and cooked it at gas 5 for aroung 40 mins.

Attachments

• Canelloni.jpg
    Canelloni.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
OMG! Great paella! I haven't made that for aaaages! Must get my paella pan out again!! I'm inspired!!!

And I gotta try that canelloni too! Lots of lovely recipes to choose from and not enough days in the week to have them all!!!! :D

Awww thanks so much for the kind comments! Here's the recipe

PAELLA

INGREDIENTS
2 sticks celery
1/2 a punnet cherry tomatoes
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 red pepper
Bird's eye chillies (as much as you can handle)
Handful of fresh prawns, shelled and deveined (save some in their shells for garnish)
handful of squid, sliced
Monkfish tail (or any firm white fish) washed and cut into cubes
Fresh mussels
Chicken stock concentrate (to taste, about 1tbsp)
Saffron
1tbsp paprika
Fresh chopped parsley
250g paella rice
300ml boiling water
Lemon wedges
1/2 cup frozen peas

Chop all the veggies finely and set aside, clean the mussels and remove any beards on it.

Sautee the veggies (except tomatoes) in olive oil or fry light until softened. Add the rice and tomatoes and stir. Add the stock concentrate, saffron and paprika and season with salt & pepper. Add the water and simmer on the lowest heat until completely absorbed.

Add in the fish (I only use a small amount of water in the rice initially because a lot of liquid comes out of the fish and seafood when you add to the rice) and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the frozen peas and stir. Top with garnish prawns and allow to cook until pink (I like to barbecue the prawns for a charred flavour)

Sprinkle with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and eat!

Last edited:
Here's what we had for dinner tonight! Mixed veg (kind of like a succotash without the lima beans) with grilled salmon. Free on an EE day or green with a smaller piece of salmon (or maybe a large piece of cod)

IMG00083-20091030-1855.jpg

IMG00274-20091030-1908.jpg

Well its taken me a few days to read my whole way through this thread, i'd like to just thank you alllllllll for posting your wonderful food it just shows that dieting doesn't have to be salad. The food looks amazing and i only hope i can add my meals to help anyone else on their journey........although i don't think my cooking is half as good :rolleyes:.

With support like this i shouldn't fail!!!

Thank you :D

This was dinner last night, Chicken Enchiladas. Now it was 10 syns for the whole lot which is quite alot but if like me you love Mexican food it was well worth the syns :D Plus you could always just have one and more chips/salad (All the Syns are in the tortillas), I was just feeling particularly greedy last night!!

You can find the recipe on my blog (which states 11 syns but I didn't use the salsa!)

s6001842.jpg

Back