+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

here's what I had yesterday

lunch - syn free bacon and vegetable quiche with salad
dsc_0201.jpg

For dinner - Beef and Sweet Potato Stew

dsc_0207.jpg

and for pudding I got a wine glass and put this together. Is a layer of strawberries, then pineapple, then fat free strawberry +banana yoghurt (1 pot) with fresh raspberries and crumbled up shortbread (1/5 of a 100 calorie pack - 1syn)

dsc_0214.jpg

Last edited:
Deviled Eggs

This is an American tradition at BBQs and picnics. Here's my take on it that I through together for our buffet night.

Total syns: 3

Ingredients:
12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/2 stick celery, chopped finely
1 spring onion, chopped finely
small handful fresh dill, chopped finely
2 tbsp Hellmann's Extra Light Mayo (1 syn)
1 Laughing Cow Light triangle (1 syn)
4 heaped tbsp low fat fromage frais
1 tbsp sweet gherkin relish (or use a couple finely chopped gherkins and add a pinch of splenda)(1 syn as I used relish)
small squirt of american style mustard (ie French's)
couple of dashes of worcester sauce
salt & pepper

1) Slice the eggs in half and put yolks in bowl. Arrange egg white cups in a container.

2) Mix together remaining ingredients and spoon into egg cups. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Attachments

• IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 477
Fabulous ideas and these pictures look like they are straight out of a glossy magazine. Thanks so much to everyone for sharing, I must start doing this again! :)

Those eggs look great Stacey,
I was inspired by britmums pudding the other day so this is what I had last night after my chicken cake for tea.

I mixed 3 tbs quark with 3 tbs vlf fromage frais, added sweetner and a choc orange options sachet(2syns), mixed it all well together and left in the fridge for a bit.
I broke up an alpen light choc fudge bar from my B allowance and segmented a clementine, layered them in a glass with the choc pudding and used 2 tbs light aerosol cream.

Attachments

• P280709_22.05.JPG
    P280709_22.05.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 395
Here's a pic of my CORNED BEEF HASH I had on Monday

and here's the TANDOORI TURKEY with RAITA

Jill

Attachments

• food 001.jpg
    food 001.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 534
  • food 002.jpg
    food 002.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 470
What a fantastic thread.. I have just started leaving my camera in the kitchen so I remember to take pictures!!

The first pic here is bubble and squeak... or what I call bubble and squeak anyway!! Leftover mashed potatoes, savoy cabbage, carrots and brocolli mixed all together and fried in pan using frylight until brown and heated through... LUSH and totally syn free on a green day!!!

Second pic is todays brunch.. quorn sausages, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes(one fresh and half tin of chopped) and two slices of wholemeal bread that I sprayed with frylight before putting under the grill in an attempt to make them taste like fried bread!! Not the same but still extremely yummy and only one HexB used!!

Attachments

• GEDC0003.jpg
    GEDC0003.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 554
  • GEDC0001.jpg
    GEDC0001.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 519
Your brunch look's so good........and I haven't had bubble & squeak for ages, must do it sometime, thank you. X

This was my beef curry i made earlier, was really yummy, well worth the 3 hour wait for the beef to get tender :)
DSC01843.jpg

This was my tea the other night, Jerk chicken kebabs with savory rice....was hot hot hot ! xx

DSC01838.jpg

Back