+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Tomorrow's brekkie all plated up and ready to go- Ham and cheese muffins with quorn sausage and roasted cherry toms. My baking tray was too shallow so my egg mixture spilled over the side of the cases- not too hot on presentation but still taste nice.

33m35mf.jpg

This is my fave thread i love looking a food and cooking it!

some lovely stuff in the recipe book in this months mag that i fancy trying.

last nights tea.

home made quorn bol with sticklebrick pasta
x37mtj.jpg

I can't concentrate on your food pics as Robert is tooooooooooo divine and keeps distracting me!! ;) :D

Stacey if only he was edible!!! just had SW chip butties for my tea and they were yummy!!!!

i had to buy a butty for my dinner today and got a tesco light choices tuna and sweetcorn one.

just checked the directory i've got and the closest match is tesco healthy choice tuna and sweetcorn and it comes in at 14 syns on both plans?!

how? its brown bread tuna sweetcorn and lowfat yogurt?! feel gutted but as it was only 9.30 am when i bought it and my dinner wasn't til 4pm i was a bit limited! need to be more organised?!!!

Stacey if only he was edible!!! just had SW chip butties for my tea and they were yummy!!!!

i had to buy a butty for my dinner today and got a tesco light choices tuna and sweetcorn one.

just checked the directory i've got and the closest match is tesco healthy choice tuna and sweetcorn and it comes in at 14 syns on both plans?!

how? its brown bread tuna sweetcorn and lowfat yogurt?! feel gutted but as it was only 9.30 am when i bought it and my dinner wasn't til 4pm i was a bit limited! need to be more organised?!!!

Hun, you can minus 6 syns for wholemeal bread, if that's what it was. The extra syns will have come from the extra bread, which was probably full size from 800g loaf not from 400g loaf, margarine and any preservatives used to keep the sandwich fresh.

Home made is the only way you can really guarantee SW perfection!

cheers thanks for the reply, but it was such a small looking thing!!!!! never mind. i normally take my dinner but e didn't have anything to take :( have counted the syns) have had sooooooooo many today as had a hifi bar and special k minis.

but my chip butty for tea made up for my disappointment!!!!

not sure what day i've been on today might have to call it ee and take the fall for the syns!

b66ell.jpg

this is what i've eaten today what kinda day would you call it?

hifi toffee bar 6syns or HxB
Special K minis 5 syns
fruit salad
tesco light choice sandwich 14syns for both types of day
fuller for longer yogurt
grapes
clementine
s slices of warbies whole meal bread from 400g loaf HxB or 6 syns
sw chips

wow gym class looks tasty your cassorole, could i possibly sneak the recipe please?? :)

2wf4u9x.jpg

Scotch eggs. Nicer than magazine, and no waiting bloody 6-8 hours!

Find out how on my blog! :D

wow gym class looks tasty your cassorole, could i possibly sneak the recipe please?? :)

Of course hun, here you go!

Serves 4 (Red/EE - Free, Green - 14 syns per serving)

Ingredients:
Frylight
800g/1lb lean lamb fillet but into bite sized chunks
12 shallots, peeled
8 carrots, peeled and cut into thick batons
10 alic cloves, unpeeled
1 tsp ground tumeric
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp black onion (nigella) seeds
400ml/14fl oz stock made with chicken/beef bovril
salt and fresh ground black pepper
Finely chopped parsley

Method:
1 - preheat oven to 170/gas 3. Spray a large non stick frying pan with frylight and place over a high heat, add the lamb and stir fry for 6-8 mins or until browned.

2 - remove from the heat and transfer to an ovenproof caserole dish with all the remaining ingredients, apart from the parsley. Season well and bring to the boil over a high heat

3 - Cover tightly and place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove from oven and allow to stand, covered, for 10-12 mins before serving and garnish with the parsley

Enjoy hun, its really 'warming' and filling :)

Grilled duck with cherry sauce served with Pak Choi and vegetables, 2 syns on red/EE

OMG - This was the nicest meal i have cooked for agggeeeees!!!!

6260_152841561141_610886141_3979888_455170_n.jpg

that cherry duck does look lush by the way. I might have to invest in some duck fillets at the weekend and give it a punt!

I deffo will, I found a lovely butchers near us that i've never noticed before. The other week I got a duck crown from Asda and it looked large and meaty and yummy and we were lucky to get about one large chicken fillet's worth from it between two of us.

Nice little investment for a romantic dinner for me and OH on BHM methinks! :D

Lemon & Lime Soda

I had this as dessert last night. It reminded me of what I get from my local ice cream shop in America!

Next time I'll try it with some vanilla ice cream as I think it'll be nicer.

Put some sparkling water (ice cold) in a glass. Add a little no added sugar lime cordial (Tesco) and a couple of scoops of lemon sorbet (Waitrose one is 5 syns per 1/4 tub) and top with light aerosol cream (1 syn per 12g).

Attachments

• IMG_4891.JPG
    IMG_4891.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 198
Coq au Vin

I made the recipe from this month's mag - very yummy, indeed! I then had a massive fruit salad with vanilla Muller Light & squirty cream for dessert. Yum - perfect for my hungry monster of a stomach (star week!)!

Attachments

• IMG_4893.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4895.JPG
    IMG_4895.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 288
Oooo yumm Stacey! Havn't seen the mag out in NI yet but will defo try this wen I get it :p How many syns in squirty cream? x

Back