Lasagne:

1Lb lean steak mince
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Small carton Passatta
Mixed Herbs
1 Large Onion Chopped
2 or 3 Cloves Garlic Crushed or finely chopped
Lasagne Sheets
1 Pkt Instant Cheese sauce ( or make own with Quark or similar )
2 x Healthy extra cheese for topping

Method:

Brown mince and onion
Add herbs and Garlic Tomatoes and passatta ( herbs should be added to taste )
Simmer for 15 Mins
Make up cheese sauce
Form lasagne layers mince, Lasagne, Cheese sauce. Ensure you finish with cheese sauce on top lol...
Sprinkle Healthy extra cheese ( grated ) on top
Place in oven 180c for approx 30 mins

Serves 4

If you use a supermarket sauce mix then the entire dish is either 2 or 2.5 syns...

Chicken Kebabs.

Eve has a brain lock for this one as she says she just made it up as she went along and cant remember lolol.........

Tonights dinner was chicken curry made with the curry sauce recipe that is on the recipe thread. I thought it was yum, and added a chopped apple in mine before eating (so I wouldnt have to syn the apple).

Attachments

• 11112009130.jpg
    11112009130.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 231
Here is my take on Hunters Chicken with the Syn Free BBQ sauce... twas yummy :drool:

Attachments

• bbqsauce.jpg
    bbqsauce.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 418
Hiya,

All it is, is the syn free BBQ sauce recipe that I bumped up yesterday on the recipe section and chicken fillets, wrapped in bacon with my HexA cheese. Was very nice indeed x

COUSCOUS MUFFINS!!
1 cup couscous
1.5 cup boiling water
1 muller light (any flavour, I like toffee or vanilla)
5 heaped tbsp splenda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Teeny pinch of salt

Soak the couscous in boiling water until completely absorbed. Mix in the yogurt, splenda and vanilla, then add the eggs (mixing in the other ingredients first cools down the mixture so it doesn't cook the egg)

Mix well and scoop into a muffin tray sprayed with frylight butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm. Can also be cooked in the microwave for roughly 4 minutes, depending on your microwave power. Makes 6 big ones or 12 small ones like the pic.

Eat!

You could try using mandarin muller light and putting a heaped tsp of marmalade in the centre (scoop a bit of couscous batter in the muffin tray, add a tsp of marmalade and top with more couscous batter, so you have a delicious jammy centre! You could also use strawberry jam & strawberry muller light etc etc, though these will have a syn each.

You could even make a savoury version leaving out the splenda, vanilla and flavoured yogurt and using bacon, spring onions, HEA cheese, sweetcorn etc and 0% greek yogurt.

Before
IMG00312-20091111-2251.jpg

Cooked
IMG00313-20091111-2318.jpg

IMG00314-20091111-2319.jpg

ok ive attached my cous cous cakes, my fish chips and mushy peas and then a pic showing the inside of a cous cous cake just incase anyone wondered what theyre like, although its not clear as its on my crappy camera phone, dont know if it will work though!

Attachments

• DSC00554.JPG
    DSC00554.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00557.JPG
    DSC00557.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00560.JPG
    DSC00560.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 358
EE Chilli on Chips

Made the chilli & beans from the EE cookbook. Very tasty!

Served with chips, beetroot and cajun spiced mushrooms.

Attachments

• IMG_5379.JPG
    IMG_5379.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 252
My breakfast today! Grilled bacon, poached egg, baked beans and tomatoes

IMG00316-20091115-1137.jpg

My husband's breakfast in comparison, he's 6 foot 4 and the same weight as me! Yes, I hate him too... Humpf!
IMG00315-20091115-1132.jpg

Dinner, pasta marinara with steamed broccoli. Simple and quick!
I had wholemeal pasta which wasn't nearly as bad as I remember lol

IMG00317-20091115-2117.jpg

Here's 3 of my main meals from last week, it was my first week and i did enjoy most of it.

Stewing steak caserole (not a huge fan of caseroles but tried it using the slow cooker) wasn't the bst but never the less i tried it.
Stewing steak, carrots, onion and oxo with Hexb mash skins left on..

Phone014.jpg

2 chicken breasts, sw roast puds (hexb skins left on) veg and gravy.

Phone023.jpg

Homemade burgers and chicken goujons, with cajoun wedges (hexb) and salad!

Phone020.jpg

Mmmmm all your meals look yummy Snugglepuss! I made a similar casserole last week (well stew) and I added 2 tsps of onion bisto and it was gorgeous. Made all the difference. x

Thanks Hayley and thats a good tip, i'm sure that would help!! :)

It thickens it up and makes it taste much more rich! It was only about 1 1/2 syns for the whole amount which isn't a lot when shared out with others and not much on your own either

Hi everyone - this is the first time I have posted a food picture, hope it comes out right.

This is lamb curry that I made tonight from the left over roast yesterday. It is free on Extra Easy.

Attachments

• Food.jpg
    Food.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 293
Back